New Euro Ford Focus - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-20-2007, 11:41 PM   #1
focusuk123
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 48213
What I Drive: white focus 2007

FF Reputation: 1 focusuk123 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
New Euro Ford Focus

New Ford Focus is here
The Focus is changing at Ford. Auto Express can exclusively reveal that Britain’s favourite car is set for a dramatic mid-life makeover.
By Chris Thorp 20th June 2007

The family hatchback’s new look has been penned by Martin Smith – the man behind the latest Mondeo and the S-Max people carrier. His mission has been to inject some excitement into the conservative current design, and as our pictures show, Ford fans should have plenty to look forward to.

Unlike the recently revised C-MAX, which simply featured a new front end and a number of tweaks at the rear, the fresh Focus is tipped to benefit from a thorough revamp with many new body panels. Significant improvements are expected inside, with upgraded materials and a more advanced cabin control system – similar to the Human Machine Interface (HMI) which debuted in the Mondeo.
Following its unveiling in left-hand-drive form in September – possibly at the Frank­furt Motor Show – the UK-specification Focus will arrive on main dealer forecourts here before the end of the year.

The compact family Ford aims to fight off the challenge of fresh competition in the shape of the Nissan Qashqai and revised Vauxhall Astra. By committing to a more radical look, designers will try to make the newcomer appeal to a younger audience than the out­going model. With many of its styling cues borrowed from the latest Mondeo and new S-MAX, the Focus’s design is set to turn heads both from the front and rear.

Inside, the newcomer will capitalise on the strengths of Ford’s latest cabin layouts. Practical touches are set to be adopted from the C-MAX in an attempt to give the car even greater versatility.

As we previously reported, plans for a hot RS version of the current Focus have been shelved, but a successor to the potent ST is sure to feature in the future. While there has been no official word on the pro­gress of the RS project, it’s thought the appeal of such a model still burns brightly within Ford – although it’s unlikely that the high-performance flagship will appear in showrooms before 2009.

What is clear is that the revised Focus will herald a period of unprecedented new launches from the brand. Along with the X-MAX compact SUV, Ford will take the wraps off its next-generation Ka and new Fiesta – all within 18 months.
The success of the Focus range is at the heart of this new product plan, and reveals exactly why Ford has taken the decision to facelift the model now.

Expect the line-up to mirror the existing range of three, four and five-door hatches, plus the estate and coupé-cabriolet. Prices have still to be confirmed, but it’s thought they will rise only slightly to keep the car competitive with the likes of the Astra and Volkswagen Golf.

...As current diesel goes out with a bang!

While the revised Focus is around the corner, Ford has just pulled the covers off a new sporty version of the current model that blends ST looks and diesel economy.

Unveiled at the Barcelona Motor Show, this is the WRC-S special edition. Devilish marketing bosses have limited numbers to 666, while every example is signed by Ford rally star Marcus Gronholm. A plaque inside gives each model a unique touch.

Power comes from a standard 2.0-litre four-cylinder 134bhp engine. But WRC and chequered flag decals make the special look like a rally car for the road. The bad news for hot hatch fans is that this Focus will be available only to Spanish buyers. While other European countries will offer similar models, UK bosses have chosen not to bring the ST-styled diesel here.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2007, 11:51 PM   #2
EvilGenius
Focus Addict

Fan#: 38939
What I Drive: 2001 Silver ZX3 5spd

FF Reputation: 4 EvilGenius Good Standing Member
NO NOT THE TAIL LIGHTS!!! ANYTHING BUT THE HATCH TAIL LIGHTS!!!!

...it's just not the same.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:10 AM   #3
jhess74
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35612
What I Drive: 2006 Sonic Blue ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 1 jhess74 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Strange.. is it just me, or does the Euro Focus look slightly, I don't know, maybe... COOLER than the US Focus? Odd...
Old 06-21-2007, 12:16 AM   #4
EvilGenius
Focus Addict

Fan#: 38939
What I Drive: 2001 Silver ZX3 5spd

FF Reputation: 4 EvilGenius Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhess74 View Post
Strange.. is it just me, or does the Euro Focus look slightly, I don't know, maybe... COOLER than the US Focus? Odd...
To me it looks eriely(sp?) like the new WRX hatch.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:17 AM   #5
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

Points 136,293, Level 100
Points: 136,293, Level: 100 Points: 136,293, Level: 100 Points: 136,293, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 68%
Activity: 68% Activity: 68% Activity: 68%
FF Reputation: 48 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
they always get the better one I call BS on ford!!!

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 07-07-2007, 02:20 AM   #6
bonesgrove
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 37631
FF Reputation: 1 bonesgrove Good Standing Member
Wow, that is beautiful. I hope we get the same thing here in 2010. Having this in a diesel would be the grand slam home run Ford needs. I would pay several thousand more just to have this car. With the announcement of the twin force plans I doubt we will ever see a diesel focus in America.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:10 AM   #7
AllAround01Focus
Focal Distortion LV

Fan#: 43496
What I Drive: 2001 Amazon Green ZX3

FF Reputation: 16 AllAround01Focus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Yeah I don't think we will ever see a diesel focus here, let alone a European version of the Focus.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:41 AM   #8
bigjordan
AAAHHHHH!!!!

Fan#: 35026
What I Drive: miata

FF Reputation: 7 bigjordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
To me it looks eriely(sp?) like the new WRX hatch.
yep.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:47 AM   #9
akight
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33983
What I Drive: 2007 Liquid Grey ZX4

FF Reputation: 5 akight Good Standing Member
i wish ford would bring all their half way decent models to the states...

come on ford, you can do it... you can do it... who's a good boy, who's a good boy...

Old 07-07-2007, 11:49 AM   #10
Mr-914
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 22215
What I Drive: 2002 Focus 2.0 Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 Mr-914 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I wouldn't dismiss a Focus TDci too quickly. Honda will sell a diesel Accord starting next year!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.