What sorts of problems has your Focus experienced? - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: How serious have problems with your Focus been?
Nothing wrong with it! Really pleased with my decision to buy. 405 28.16%
Nothing too serious, minor work here and there. Hasn't broken the bank account yet! 786 54.66%
A number of costly and/or irritating deficiences with the car. Spent a fair bit of change fixing them, and would seriously reconsider buying again! 207 14.39%
So many problems that I will never buy a Ford again. Nearly went bankrupt due to repair shop bills! 40 2.78%
Voters: 1438. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #31
ponypower
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 38521
What I Drive: 04 svt

FF Reputation: 1 ponypower Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
just little things

cracked thermostat housing which is common
sway bar endlinks were shot, but is also common.
I have a valve cover gasket to install, its leaking very little
I also plan to do the pcv valve and maybe a fuel filter.
other than that 104k miles and running strong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2007, 11:18 PM   #32
kid_dr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10078
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver Focus ST (ST3)

FF Reputation: 1 kid_dr Good Standing Member
A/C condensation leak into front passenger floor board when I took delivery. After that, I never had another problem.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #33
Brindfan
Infidel

Fan#: 48126
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE Hatch - Race Red

Points 3,773, Level 38
Points: 3,773, Level: 38 Points: 3,773, Level: 38 Points: 3,773, Level: 38
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 25 Brindfan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
14,837 miles and running like a top. Had a rock shot at the windshield and smashed it good, but insurance covered that. 100% coverage on the glass.
Hatch Nation#61 B.T.T.C.#3 ATX Faction#37 Rocky Mtn. Crew#3
Old 10-06-2007, 01:07 AM   #34
SubtleToreador
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 48151
What I Drive: 2006 Dark Toreador Red ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 SubtleToreador Good Standing Member
None so far......still pretty new though.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:17 PM   #35
Jello-CF
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 50731
What I Drive: 2004 ZX3 Saleen N20-Black

FF Reputation: 1 Jello-CF Good Standing Member
24k approximately on the car and the only things i have had were nothing I would consider serious.

-Wheel bearing, but that was probably because of a near accident i had (had a mini van turn infront of me)
-Butterfly on throttle body seems to stick on occasion, easy enough to fix not sure what is causing it or if it is exactly the problem. I plan on getting a different TB so I just assume not fix it if I plan on swapping it in a couple weeks

Otherwise best car I have ever owned, for the price you can tune it to have lots of fun to fit your budget.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:11 AM   #36
Bboybean
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24404
What I Drive: 2005 ZXR ST

FF Reputation: 1 Bboybean Good Standing Member
Had to replace rear rotors/pads
Melted headlight housing (my fault though)
crappy mileage <sp?>
small interior parts periodically breaking (but im a kinda big guys so i guess my fault)

But for some reason Im only happy when I have work to do on my car. The only vehical Iv loved more than the fofo was my old 87 300zx tubro SS ( was never out of the shop for more than 2 weeks lol).
Old 10-07-2007, 12:37 AM   #37
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

Fan#: 37693
What I Drive: dirty wag; Party; Bavarian phallus

FF Reputation: 272 illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
166000 miles

rear wheel bearings
rear lug studs
4 sets of shocks and struts
insanely bad negative camber in the rear, requires 200 bucks worth of parts to fix
thermostat housing, 65 bucks
valve lash got reeeeally bad due to the design, I just put on a new head instead of fixing the old one
trans shift solenoids and torque converter strated to go out, but I just put in a new trans and TC.
the headlights suck, cant see a damn thing. So I got projectors.
the hatch sounds like its gonna fall apart while youre driving and when you close it
heater blower motor squeaks, still have to fix it.
rear swaybar bushings froze, so the car rocked like a boat in high-speed bends (50mph+)
when I wired up the passenger door lockswitch (which SHOULD have been wired from the factory), it goes off and on randomly. It is hard-wired to the other switch's light wire...
rear drum brakes dont do a damn thing for stopping
e-brake is useless, you can push the car yourself with it on
leaky tie rod boot

so so many little nitpicky problems, they just make me scratch my head sometimes... but I guess a lot of them are just due to mileage and aftermarket parts. I guess it wouldnt be "my" car if I didnt ahve to work on it tho, thats just the way i am.

But basically I have had to replace every piece of the rear suspension besides the trailing arm because Ford doesnt know how to make cars that last nor cars that can adjust rear camber. So yes, I would reconsider buying a ford. Best bet is a Fusion, havent heard any major service issues with them yet. The 08 Focus should be a pretty solid car too, lots of experience from 00-07 has gone into this design.

...im just in a bad mood about it right now cuz i have to shell out 600 bucks to fix a few stupid little problems that finally got to me but that never shoulve happened in the first place if the manufacturer was doing what theyre supposed to rather than build it to outlast the warranty...

Not on this list? Almost certainly crap.
SUV this!
Old 10-07-2007, 01:23 AM   #38
ummduh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50546
What I Drive: 1997 Thunderbird REAR WHEEL DRIVE!

FF Reputation: 12 ummduh Great Standing Member
my first focus was a spi atx 02 4door.. that thing ate rotors like candy. I'm talking it would warp the front rotors within 2,500 miles of new replacements. I eventually sued ford over it and won $7500 from the deal. Other than that, the car worked good, but we were a crash magnet. I got re-ended twice, side swiped by an armored van, and had a tire blow out which caused me to slam into a freeway wall (off-ramp, reason for blowout wasn't found). Oh, and the Ford dealerships in the Milwaukee, WI area are the worst freakin dealerships I have EVER been to. I REFUSED to even think about buying another Ford just due to that issue. Ford should be embarrassed to have such craptacular dealers.

Now I just picked up this 05 ST, specifically bought it for the disk brakes and manual trans. Idle kinda sucks, and I think the slave is on its way out. Oh, and the 6 disc mp3 deck skips badly. And all the lights blink/dim/flash at idle when hot.

Still under factory warranty for a month or so yet (i think!) so some of it should still be getting fixed.. I don't think I'm going to bother with the deck, I've got an aftermarket deck to put in yet..
Old 10-07-2007, 01:24 AM   #39
ummduh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50546
What I Drive: 1997 Thunderbird REAR WHEEL DRIVE!

FF Reputation: 12 ummduh Great Standing Member
my first focus was a spi atx 02 4door.. that thing ate rotors like candy. I'm talking it would warp the front rotors within 2,500 miles of new replacements. I eventually sued ford over it and won $7500 from the deal. Other than that, the car worked good, but we were a crash magnet. I got re-ended twice, side swiped by an armored van, and had a tire blow out which caused me to slam into a freeway wall (off-ramp, reason for blowout wasn't found). Oh, and the Ford dealerships in the Milwaukee, WI area are the worst freakin dealerships I have EVER been to. I REFUSED to even think about buying another Ford just due to that issue. Ford should be embarrassed to have such craptacular dealers.

Now I just picked up this 05 ST, specifically bought it for the disk brakes and manual trans. Idle kinda sucks, and I think the slave is on its way out. Oh, and the 6 disc mp3 deck skips badly. And all the lights blink/dim/flash at idle when hot.

Still under factory warranty for a month or so yet (i think!) so some of it should still be getting fixed.. I don't think I'm going to bother with the deck, I've got an aftermarket deck to put in yet..
Old 10-07-2007, 11:43 AM   #40
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
most of all a blown motor....and id go through it all again just to have it where its at...

that list includes a clutch, 3 alternators, 2 starters, 1 wiring harness, cracked intake mani...tons of stupid shit.
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.