What sorts of problems has your Focus experienced? - Page 34 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: How serious have problems with your Focus been?
Nothing wrong with it! Really pleased with my decision to buy. 401 28.26%
Nothing too serious, minor work here and there. Hasn't broken the bank account yet! 778 54.83%
A number of costly and/or irritating deficiences with the car. Spent a fair bit of change fixing them, and would seriously reconsider buying again! 200 14.09%
So many problems that I will never buy a Ford again. Nearly went bankrupt due to repair shop bills! 40 2.82%
Voters: 1419. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2011, 05:00 AM   #331
An Audio Guru
Da fofo love remains

Fan#: 84263
What I Drive: 05 Red ZX3, 92 V6 Ranger, 07 Sonata

FF Reputation: 5 An Audio Guru Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn View Post
after 4 days of driving my newly bought 03 svt, eng light popped on and eng seemed like 'chugging' and just die when approaching stops. Replaced front o2 because of heater circuit malfunction. still chugged. Now I took off aftermarket air filter (on vehicle when bought) and reinstalled factory air box and tube under battery. Engine runs great, doesnt load up rich and die at stops, and fuel mileage is back up! also just replaced lower ball joints.
How bad was replacing those ball joints?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #332
Focus54
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 52466
What I Drive: Silver 2006 ZXW

FF Reputation: 1 Focus54 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I bought my 06 ZXW wagon used with 26K miles on it. Replaced the tires as the ones on the car had a really noisy, aggressive tread. Went with Michelins, 1 size up 205/55/16's. Replaced the console compartment lid under warranty. Had an interior vibration at idle....passenger motor mount took care of that. Had a wheel balance/vibration issue after installing new tires, ended up being wheel bearings. There was a sort of slower than wheel speed vibration/noise that sped up with the drive train which went away with the new wheel bearings at about 32k miles. Car has 104,000 miles on it now, the vibration is back with the new set of Michelins I just put on, actually started before. I'm thinking wheel bearings again as I drive the car pretty hard and have loaded tons of weight in it, lumber, cement, my musical equipment, pull a small utility trailer occasionally, plus California's F'd up roads. I figure something has to give. I may pay someone to do the bearings this time. Pulled the suspension apart myself last time and had them pressed in. Lots of labor, but went right back together and worked fine for 70k miles. Other than that, the car has been very dependable and my wife and I just bought a 2010 Focus sedan for her a few months ago.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #333
chriskobi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84901
What I Drive: 2000, bright blue, zx3

FF Reputation: 1 chriskobi Good Standing Member
Currently having an acceleration issue. Usually happens when I'm at a stop and the rpms are low. When I hit the gas it seems like I'm getting a misfire and the engine wants to bog down for a quick second. Was thinking it could be a lack of spark maybe? Checked fuel pressure and checked fuel rail all pans out good. cleaned the throttle body and Maf sensor.
Not really sure what the problem is.

I'll probably post this in some other section of threads but thought it could fit here.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #334
jmcrides03
low n slow

Fan#: 75938
What I Drive: 96 paseo 97 contour zetec mtx 75

FF Reputation: 7 jmcrides03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
where do i start ive had broken springs numerous diffrent problems with electrical system my trunks leaking it stumbles when idling and im sure theres alot im forgetting my serpentine belt came off this morning but i still love my little focus and wouldnt get rid of it for anything but a cleaner 00-04 sedan which would get all my parts put on it. not sure why but i love it more than any other car ive owned
sedan revolution #83 Team Focus Cleveland #14
96 toyota paseo 97 contour zetec mtx turbo build in progress
Old 04-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #335
masonj1991
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85079
What I Drive: 2009 Blue SES Focus

FF Reputation: 1 masonj1991 Good Standing Member
09 focus

Ive had my focus for a couple years now. Drives and functions better then the 00' bmw 323i i had. The only problem ive had was the license plate light burnt itself up fixed it no problem and thats about it for now. It has 55k on it and so far ive been impressed with it.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #336
VentureForth
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85246
What I Drive: 2001 Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 VentureForth Good Standing Member
Bought my baby girl her first car last weekend. It's a 2001 ZTS with 131,000. Paid $2500 for it. So far, so good. Known issues when I got it: Some oil leakage - probably a valve cover gasket job. Exhaust is a little loud - I think there may be a hole in the exhaust manifold somewhere. Also smelling exhaust. Doesn't smoke out of the pipe, though. All the alloy wheels were pretty grimey. Wouldn't clean off with soap and water, so used a metal polish and a soapy brillow pad. Cleaned up WAY nice. Antenna functional, but the lower part of the antenna just above the mount was brittle. Replaced with a short whip. Brakes feel a little different than my other cars. I noticed that the drums were very rusty on the outside - no biggie, if the inside is fine. Also the wear on the front discs seemed variable. A/C didn't work. Gave it a $34 R-134a job. Seems to be fine now - hasn't seemed to lose pressure yet. Rear pax window regulator cable was shredded beyond belief. Replacement comes in today.

All in all, I probably spent the majority of "extra" cash on cleansers and stuff. Otherwise, $58 for the power window regulator with motor, $7 for a whip antenna, and $34 for refridgerant. Also gonna replace valve cover gasket for $40. Considering spending maybe $100 for new drums, but that's on the table for later. May convert to discs, but it brakes well enough now.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #337
yellowalien
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 76889
What I Drive: 2003 pitch black ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 yellowalien Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Haven't had any big problems, a few things wearing out but that's normal.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #338
FF Focus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 56207
What I Drive: 2005, Red, ZX4 SES

FF Reputation: 1 FF Focus Good Standing Member
shoulda been an option for 1 major thing but was planning on an upgrade soon or so many upgrades that they become the problems
Old 06-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #339
fusi0n
Focus Addict

Fan#: 25694
What I Drive: 2002 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 5 fusi0n Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Focus #1 (2004 bolton ZX3): Constant electrical gremlins, hydrolocked engine due to CAI + Florida rainy season, smashed clutch due to accidental downshift into 1st instead of 3rd, bent wheel, tie rod & control arm from getting run off the road onto a sidewalk at 40 mph, tore up passenger side from overshooting a turn and ending up in a hedge

Most of those were definitely my fault.

Focus #2 (2002 PWSC ZX3): No problems from Ford parts except normal wear and tear (leaky head gasket @ 115k, burnt out or weak window/sunroof motors, sagging hatch struts, dead clutch @ 100k). Some issues due to PWSC related items, mostly just with the oil filter relocation system but that has been resolved (I hope).

The 02 has been a much more solid car overall despite the strain of being boosted.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #340
cpaz114
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87488
What I Drive: 1999 Focus Ghia

FF Reputation: 1 cpaz114 Good Standing Member
no power to my indicators???????

hi, can anyone help, just bought a 1999 w plate focus ghia
had it a week and now my indicators&hazards lights suddenly stopped working

checked all fuses in box in engine bay & in box at back of glove compartment and all check out ok

no idea what prob could be can anyone help please?

cheers guys

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->