What sorts of problems has your Focus experienced? - Page 30 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: How serious have problems with your Focus been?
Nothing wrong with it! Really pleased with my decision to buy. 401 28.24%
Nothing too serious, minor work here and there. Hasn't broken the bank account yet! 779 54.86%
A number of costly and/or irritating deficiences with the car. Spent a fair bit of change fixing them, and would seriously reconsider buying again! 200 14.08%
So many problems that I will never buy a Ford again. Nearly went bankrupt due to repair shop bills! 40 2.82%
Voters: 1420. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #291
shanharter
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 77071
What I Drive: 2008, kiwi, focus se

FF Reputation: 1 shanharter Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i've had my lil car for 2 plus years - the ONLY thing weird is, i've had her not wanna start three times, once yesterday in an intersection, took about 15 seconds of cranking....anyone else? just bad gas? i've but BP, as recommended (insert boo's here) except three times in the last 2 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #292
revolutionregained
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 67402
What I Drive: 2007 zx4 bronze

FF Reputation: 2 revolutionregained Good Standing Member
nothing has gone wrong with my car. tires...but thats my fault for getting the low profiles lol

oh and ive had it for 2 1/2 yrs.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:05 PM   #293
lurch
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 77187
What I Drive: 09' Focus grey 4dr. 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 lurch Good Standing Member
Clutch pedal skeak. Weather stripping on top of windows. Repaced once under warranty a moth ago and same window is jacked up again. A few squeaks. Goofy feeling cluth pedal sometimes. Firmness varies sometimes dosen't come all the way back up. And oem tires wore out way to fast and unevenly (26k mi). Taking it back to dealer to address exsisting issues. Over all very happy.

One more thing. 4 months to the day after I bought it. Went to leave my buddys house and it wouldn't start. Acted like I didn't press the clutch pedal. After a little looking around noticed that the clutch saftey switch had gotten disconected. Extra weird since it had to be unclipped then slid up about an inch to do so. Put it back together and zip tied it in place. No problems since.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:55 AM   #294
craigy8r
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 77907
What I Drive: Blue MP3

FF Reputation: 1 craigy8r Good Standing Member
Did you ever find out what was making the brakes squeak?? I get some squeak first thing when I start up??
Old 08-26-2010, 08:37 PM   #295
HocusFocus2000
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 76365
What I Drive: 2001 CD Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 HocusFocus2000 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
hatch never latched, cruise controls don't work, unlock hatch button don't work, struts, wheel bearing, seal in trans, computer randomly came unplugged, trans issues, cracked thermostat, broken center console, squeaks, valve leak, lug nut caps all coming off, sway bar links, and some other things. and i still like Fords
Old 09-04-2010, 02:59 AM   #296
TheFocusWon
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 74356
What I Drive: 05 sangria red zx3, 05 yellow zx3

FF Reputation: 1 TheFocusWon Good Standing Member
ive had my 05 zx3 for 3 months so far the reverse switch has went out which the dealer fixed free of charge even though came as-is .. just last week a piece ontop of tranny broke but they couldnt just get that piece so they had to install an all new shift arm assembly $650 JUST FOR THE PART 350 for labor that was a hard check to write .... but i still love my car !!!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #297
pitchblackNM
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 54790
What I Drive: 2006 Pitch Black zx3

FF Reputation: 1 pitchblackNM Good Standing Member
nothing on my 06. still the same as when i got it.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:40 AM   #298
ZXMaphey

Fan#:
Right now when i attempt to start sometimes it likes to take a second like its not sparking or getting fuel. Also when i try to just go into first or any gear its hard to do.

Old 10-31-2010, 01:55 PM   #299
jwkegg
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 74730
What I Drive: 02 Pitch Black JRSC SVT W/BBK

FF Reputation: 1 jwkegg Good Standing Member
dont usually get into trouble until i start modding it. but never anything serious
Old 11-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #300
megdoe
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 49666
What I Drive: 2006 gray ZXW

FF Reputation: 1 megdoe Good Standing Member
Too many problems to list. Just silly stuff that adds up to a lot of money for a single mother like me. Indicator in shift stuck, passenger door does not lock, key sticks in ignition in cold weather, lights come on randomly indicating problem with car but then flash off again, brakes replaced, a lot of tires gone through because of uneven wear, gas pedal sticks and today the last straw - I was driving to the dealer in a rainstorm to have him look at my gas pedal which stuck yesterday,and my wipers just about flew off of my car. He says there is nothing wrong with my gas pedal - baloney there isn't - and it will cost me $500.00 to replace wiper pivot tomorrow because he didn't have one in stock. This car handles beautifully and has been a pleasure to drive but all of this poor craftsmanship has drained me financially so I will never buy another Ford - this after owning four before this one. The wipers were just the coup de gras for me. Hate to see winter come because this car is horrible driving on snow and ice and has many anomalies in the winter.

Last edited by megdoe; 11-04-2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: mispelling

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->