What sorts of problems has your Focus experienced? - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: How serious have problems with your Focus been?
Nothing wrong with it! Really pleased with my decision to buy. 405 28.16%
Nothing too serious, minor work here and there. Hasn't broken the bank account yet! 786 54.66%
A number of costly and/or irritating deficiences with the car. Spent a fair bit of change fixing them, and would seriously reconsider buying again! 207 14.39%
So many problems that I will never buy a Ford again. Nearly went bankrupt due to repair shop bills! 40 2.78%
Voters: 1438. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2007, 12:39 AM   #21
WNK
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 27472
What I Drive: 2002 Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 WNK Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
$17 vacuum hose. Only has 69,000 on it.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2007, 02:02 AM   #22
InjuredZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34839
What I Drive: 2004 2.3 Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 InjuredZX3 Good Standing Member
I'm pleased with my 2004 focus so far. Have 47000 miles on it. The only thing is i had to change brake rotors not too long ago. $100 for brembo oe replacement rotors.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:32 PM   #23
EvilGenius
Focus Addict

Fan#: 38939
What I Drive: 2001 Silver ZX3 5spd

FF Reputation: 4 EvilGenius Good Standing Member
I've had the fuel pump replaced under warranty which is a common issue with the early model foci. That's it so far, although I may need to replace the Idle Air Control Valve, torque mount and my clutch (original from factory) soon, but my car has nearly 120k on the clock so it's to be expected.

Chances are the "problems" you're hearing about for these cars are either from the first 2 or 3 models years (those had the most problems) or if you stick around a forum dedicated to a specific car like this one, will make any car sound like it's got all kinds of quality control issues.
"Living in the present sucks! We no longer live in the golden days of old, where people had morals and knew the value of a hard day's work... Nor do we live in the future, where there are no morals and everyone has tons of really cool gadgets."
Old 10-04-2007, 09:41 PM   #24
tuned focus

Fan#: 49569
What I Drive: yellow,blown 2001 zx3

FF Reputation: 4 tuned focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
At 9000 miles fuel pump,shifter cable,shifter mount,passanger front seat backrest releace broke off,front rotors,relay for fuel pump,radio,That was for my 01 which I still own.Now Im rebuilding car after accident after wife said go buy a new one instead.I kept it and am making improvements on a already decent car.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:11 PM   #25
quikstang2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 30436
What I Drive: Ranger & SVO

FF Reputation: 1 quikstang2 Good Standing Member
I had some electrical problems that I couldn't figure out and got sick of dealing with. The car went to a lot who sends their problem cars to a shop that belongs to me friend's dad, they couldn't get the thing to live either.
My brother's Focus has been pretty good though, no problems out of the ordinary.
If I had the opportunity I'd snag another Focus as a project car.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:03 AM   #26
killer ZETEC
GL1TCH

Fan#: 44757
What I Drive: advance trac french blue 03 zx3

FF Reputation: 42 killer ZETEC Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
the coil wires broke. fixed it myself and may find another engine bay harness to replace mine. stealth style. had 4 tires go bad at once (i rotated them properly and they shook like a demon so i git new tires) cd player ate my cd's
repalced under warranty. replacement unit failed to operate anymore so i went aftermarket. clips to hold rear side panels on in interior busted sounds bad with the bass up (might make my own panels that velcro in place) and my idle went insane for a bit but i fixed that too. (i adjusted it too far and the computer got mad) all in all i'd get 20 billoin more focuses. i love them (my next one might be an 08 if i can pay mine off fast and make her a collector car of sorts. it's a hard to find advance trac model)
will it run soon?? who knows.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:08 AM   #27
razorrik

Fan#: 38279
What I Drive: vehicle

FF Reputation: 7 razorrik Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
114,500 miles all ive done is general maint,, and replaced the fuel pump,, which it didnt really need replacing once i got it out of the tank,, the sock and screen on the pump were gunked over.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:23 AM   #28
TnFocus
Dumbledore dies?!?!

Fan#: 49496
What I Drive: 05 zx4, 88 rx7 with v8 swap, 69 bug

FF Reputation: 8 TnFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Gettin ready to spend some money to figure out why my gas mileage dropped from 34-36 to 20...
Old 10-05-2007, 09:32 AM   #29
timothyc1984
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 36552
What I Drive: 2006 Dark Toreador Red ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 1 timothyc1984 Good Standing Member
eugh ive went through 7 fuel pumps, i have rattles in the dash i can't find, they have had to rebuild my motor twice now, alignment's out (haven't hit anything), and recently its started sounding like a bucket of bolts every time i hit a bump. er is parked, im driving my 1981 toyota tercel, its a better car, and when i have enough saved up for tag and insurance, im trading that g focus in.

Some people are like slinkies, generally useless, but you can't help but smile when you see one tumbling town stairs.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:22 AM   #30
jeeptofocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23876
What I Drive: 2001 Amazon Green ZX3, 08 Ninja650R

FF Reputation: 1 jeeptofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
I voted nothing wrong, but I have had to do some work to it. The only work I've needed to do was a few things that wouldn't have gone bad if I didn't mess with things (modifications). So if I was smart, the only things I would have had to do is nothing except regular maintenance.

*ZETEC Crew #85*

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.