What sorts of problems has your Focus experienced? - Page 22 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: How serious have problems with your Focus been?
Nothing wrong with it! Really pleased with my decision to buy. 397 28.36%
Nothing too serious, minor work here and there. Hasn't broken the bank account yet! 769 54.93%
A number of costly and/or irritating deficiences with the car. Spent a fair bit of change fixing them, and would seriously reconsider buying again! 194 13.86%
So many problems that I will never buy a Ford again. Nearly went bankrupt due to repair shop bills! 40 2.86%
Voters: 1400. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2009, 05:23 PM   #211
elementx440
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 37267
What I Drive: 00 gold focus, 01 zx2

FF Reputation: 1 elementx440 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Bought a new 2000 SE Focus,

-all four coil springs broke (fixed under recall/warranty)
-brakes replaced (recall)
-door recall (all they did was lube them!)
-AC lineset was left to rub through after about 4 years, blew the coolant and they no longer sell the lineset you have to replace evaporator as well (doubles the $$$ you have to waste) and to do that you have to pull a fender off or something it looked to be a huge PITA so i just went without AC
-coil pack took a shit

-and the kicker... trunk brake light kept burning out (or at least i thought), replaced it, yadda yadda yadda smoke filled the cabin, car would not shut off even though i pulled the key... finally got it off and to the dealer and apparently the lack-thereof of a bulb socket, they just use an insulator riveted to the chasis (to stay CHEAPPP and save $.40), rusted (after like 3 years, inside the trunk?!) and melted the wiring harness somewhere, cost me over $1000 to have a whole new harness installed

Oh and I DID have an extended warranty and they still wouldn't cover it because they blamed it on RUST.... bulllllshit.

Finally junked that car a year ago and bought a Mazda3, much happier with that car...

I'm only on here because my mother said one of her springs might have went on a 2004 Focus... another piece of shit focus! gotta do some research on changing it for her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #212
timinator
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 67005
What I Drive: 2002 SE Charcoal Grey

FF Reputation: 1 timinator Good Standing Member
Problems, problems

2002 Focus SE
1. Brakes seized up and pretty much charred.
2. Window motor had to be replaced; couldn't open window.
3. Trunk latch wouldn't latch; turned out to be an electrical problem.
4. Engine Mounts (super loud w/bad vibrations when cold)
5. The windshield wipers not returning to home (relay issue)
6. EGR tube cracked (so it sounded like a Harley)...twice.
7. Pneumatic tubes in trunk lid dried up so trunk lid was heavy and would always slam shut.
8. Within first year, it was found that the rear brakes were not ever engaging, forcing the front brakes to do all the braking (and wear out sooner)
9. Electrical problem with brake lights (replaced 3 fuses and 2 bulbs SO FAR) ---this is the problem I'm having currently.
Would I buy another one??? No way.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:25 PM   #213
SOHCTUNER
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62463
What I Drive: 2002 harvest Gold Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 SOHCTUNER Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Mine randomly caught on fire after installing an alternator? Dont know why or how because everything checked out k. and that was after doing an SPI to Zetec swap.

"I think thats the most exciting thing my girlfriends done in her life" Me at last Dez meet after my girlfriend went head on towards a truck and well made it!
Old 07-23-2009, 04:04 AM   #214
cdnfocus

Fan#:
Too many to mention: P.S. pump, 3 clock springs, coil pack, belt tensioner, front and rear coils broken, power window regulator, 3 clutch master cylinders, 4 front sway bar drag links, non operational interior lamps when cold temps outside, noisy clutch release bearing when in gear and just found out, the replacement front spring on the rightside had no isolator so it started to twang over bumps. Fixed. Think that'll do for now. See you in Arkansas.

Last edited by cdnfocus; 08-01-2009 at 07:49 PM.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:31 AM   #215
jdcochran
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 59424
What I Drive: 2006 Pitch Black ZX4 SES SAP

FF Reputation: 1 jdcochran Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Aside for my accident right after I bought it I have never had a problem with my Focus
Old 07-24-2009, 10:28 PM   #216
Vincent
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62713
What I Drive: 2013 ST and 2005 Turbo ZXW

FF Reputation: 1 Vincent Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
On my 05 I have 120K miles on it. I've replaced the alternator twice. Other than routine maintenance which I do like someone with OCD all of the other major expenses have been joyfully self inflicted!!!!!
2005 ZXW - FS Stg 2 Turbo Kit, CFM 67mm t-body, Cosworth Stg 2 Cams, Crower Springs and Retainers, CFM Underdrive Pulleys, FS 2.25" Turbo back, EBC Discs, Hawk Pads, Eibach Sways, H&R Springs, Falken Wheels, VIS CF Hood
Old 07-31-2009, 01:29 AM   #217
mrzog
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 67770
What I Drive: 2002 liquid grey se sedan

FF Reputation: 1 mrzog Good Standing Member
had the water pump pulley bolts come out. that really sucked a$$. easy fix if ford had given about another 2 inches of space for the water pump to come out. other than that the engine fan not working which was that temp sensor thing and the engine block to thermostat adapter piece. cant believe ford made that out of plastic.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:32 AM   #218
Phacade
Chronic Curmudgeon

Fan#: 32246
What I Drive: '03 EAP SVTF

FF Reputation: 11 Phacade Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
A few speedbumsp (and potholes) here and there, but nothing major.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:45 AM   #219
GonzoBobH
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 69001
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2010 Focus Coupe SES

FF Reputation: 1 GonzoBobH Good Standing Member
Mine's only 4 days old.... so it better not have any serious problems yet.
It's all shiny and new, and you can see me proudly driving down the road arguing with Synch.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #220
Focus2009
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 68553
What I Drive: 2009 Sangria Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 Focus2009 Good Standing Member
I bought a '09 SES that came with a Sirius package. It won't expire until 1/10. Possible problem is the radio will not accept the AlaCarte program. Sirius and Ford aren't much help. In fact, Sirius/XM are having problems with their Customer Service Dept. If someone should have the same problem, AND it gets resolved PLEASE let me know. Other than that there is only 1600 miles so far. So far, so good! Very happy with this car.

Bookmarks & Social Networks