Jackson Racing supercharger and Automatic tranny - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-29-2003, 03:49 AM   #1
pitchblackab
Focus Addict

Fan#: 210
What I Drive: 2002 zx3 power premium auto

FF Reputation: 1 pitchblackab Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Jackson Racing supercharger and Automatic tranny

Just wondering, would the jackson blow up my auto also since the jackson uses the stock air box would i be able to install the the focus sport filter and heat shield. Just wondering because I figure i will have about another year and a half on the warranty because I have a few road trips planned. I have 13 thousands miles on the car still havent reached a year old, and have only taken one road trip and it was out of commisions for almost two months. So yeah i figure i will reach at least 30 by two years old, think that is long enough to save up for the supercahrger and if i can use the focus sport intake with the supercahrger i will buy it versus the the high and mighty Volant and torque daddy ice-man.

I know the UDP is pointless with the supercharger but for cheap performance i think that would be "best bang for the buck" So what would be anyones opinion on that, buy it now sell it later ?

Most probably gonna do a full exhaust since that can still be used with the jrsc, gave up on the vortech cause i don't want my battery in my trunk, plus just the fact that is still gonna be more expensive than the JRSC by the time I am gonna buy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2003, 04:15 AM   #2
FoRdFoCuZdRiVeR
Crazy Focus Driver

Fan#: 498
FF Reputation: 1 FoRdFoCuZdRiVeR Good Standing Member
YEs, u can use the focus sport filter and heat shield....u can use any intake for the JRSC, and i dont think it will blow ur tranny. get a chip after tho, and u could run normal boot which is 5psi or go big boost for the JRSC, 7-8psi..get the fc 65mm t/b, and 2.6" pulley, and 30lb injectors
Old 09-29-2003, 04:22 AM   #3
pitchblackab
Focus Addict

I don't know i think i will stay with the standard boost kit, afraid of blowing up my tranny maybe when between now and the time i get the JRSC someone will have found out if it can take the abuse, I know focal said a long time ago the thing wouldnt take anythign past 130 whp
Old 09-29-2003, 07:49 AM   #4
Megamanx907
Focus Addict

Fan#: 174
What I Drive: ZX3 S2 '01(R.I.P.)- Now Liquid Grey ZX5 '02

FF Reputation: 1 Megamanx907 Good Standing Member
Not true, my focus is an Auto w/ now 60000 miles on it that I put on my self. The tranny works fine. I have alot done to my car and I know it has more than 130 whp by now. I just maintain the car like I should. Change the ATX Fluid every 30000 miles, I change the oil every 3k, put in slick 50 atx treatment, and so on. I spend money on maintainence, but its worth it cause I wont have to spend thosands on a new tranny!!!!!! Ride on bro, ride on!!!!!!

Potenza RE 750 performance tires (205/40/16) Eibach Pro Kit Springs and Pro Dampers, SVT anti-roll kit, Mac Engine Snubber, JBA Shorty Header, Magna Flow Cat-Back, Bosal Flex Pipe, Focus Central Hi Flow Cat, Custom Intake w/ K & N Cone Filter, Focus Trends Ported Throttle Body, Ford Racing Spark Plug Wires, FC Water Crank & Underdrive Pulley, OBX Strut Tower, Altezza Generation 3 Tail Lights, Diablo Sports Revolution Custom Chip, purple Hallogen headlights, Tint, kick ass pioneer stereo.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:47 AM   #5
FoRdFoCuZdRiVeR
Crazy Focus Driver

Fan#: 498
FF Reputation: 1 FoRdFoCuZdRiVeR Good Standing Member
well if your afraid of blowing ur tranny, then mod it up also
Old 09-29-2003, 08:59 AM   #6
pitchblackab
Focus Addict

I really dont wanna mod the tranny i mean i am gonna do the super over the turbo to save cash the focus is gonna be transport for a quite a few years just wanna make it a little more interesting transport. For the price of a modded tranny I could buy a sweet old car and start playing with it. I really don't wanna screw up a car thats gonna have to last me till im at least 27 (I'm 20).

Hey Megaman thanks, i think i'll be even better off then cause my friend who is a mechanic said he'll help me do my tranny fluid in a few months (15,000) and said to do it at that interval because if you go to long (yes 30 isn't to long that regular service interval) you are better off just not changing it till a rebuild is due because it will ruin the tranny. Kinda like running synthetic for the first time in an old engine that got 79 cent oil in it every 5000 miles, might worsen the condition.

But i do doubt 130whp with just exhaust and intake and udp.

Last edited by pitchblackab; 09-29-2003 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:59 AM   #7
inline_engine_lover
Focus Addict

Fan#: 715
What I Drive: 02 liquid grey zx3

FF Reputation: 1 inline_engine_lover Good Standing Member
the thign is megamanx, you're probably making maybe a bit over 130 whp, but not much more. unfortunately new cars don't respond that well to exhaust and everything. with the JRSC, he'd be bolting like 60 hp right to the wheels and i just don't think it would handle that very well. i'd say get your tranny built.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:01 AM   #8
pitchblackab
Focus Addict

I don't know i guess i will await the Focus Guru's to pop into my htread and give their two cents on it.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:00 AM   #9
Solaris
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 52
What I Drive: 1985 Volvo 740 GLE

FF Reputation: 1 Solaris Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Go to TheFocusconnection.com and talk to scarecrow he has a JRSC on an auto Focus

Now driving a 1985 Light Blue Volvo 740 GLE with 95,000 miles on it
Old 09-29-2003, 09:32 PM   #10
mofocus
mefocuslongtime

Fan#: 5
What I Drive: Beltfed,extra pullified,weeemachine

FF Reputation: 6 mofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
actually talk to HRW here, he knows a good deal about his ATX, and im not sure but i think the ATX is good for 170 and not a hp more

Bookmarks & Social Networks