my svt focus pwned by wreck - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > Focus SVT

Focus SVT The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK1 2002-2004 Focus SVT.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-03-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
MySVTFocusPWNS
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 38675
What I Drive: 97 Ranger, 86 Mustang, 99 F-150

FF Reputation: 1 MySVTFocusPWNS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Unhappy my svt focus pwned by wreck

yep, im broke and had put a pretty penny into that car and have nothing to show for it now. Daggum warped insurance company isn't giving me anything. I was making a left turn onto Silver Creek church rd. in Burke Cty., NC on HWY 64 when a white Lincoln flew by me in a no-passing zone while i was making the turn. I was unaware that another vehicle was behind them b/c i saw nothing in the mirror. I was completely in the other lane by then and a blazer also tried to make an illegal pass and broadsided me on the driver's side just a few inches behind where i was sitting. It sent me and my girlfriend airborn for about 10-15 ft strapped in the car. We then landed sideways on the road, took out the road sign, spun around backwards against a bank, and down into the ditch. I know i did have my turn signal on by the way b/c it was still on when i end up in the ditch. I know this was a god thing though b/c i shouldn't have got of that alive according to first responders and paramedics that got there. Fortunately, I got out with no noticable injuries at the time. The only thing i noticed was the glass in my mouth and my shoulder being a little sore. I ended up helping my girlfriend out of her side of the car and checking on her. A guy that saw the wreck stopped and helped me out with her. it also helped that the passenger of the car that hit us was a nurse for one of the county schools. Long story short, she got sent to the hospital in the ambulance and got checked out and ended up being fine. She ended up with a couple of bruises on her back and side. She was terrified during and after the whole thing. I figured i would be too, but to tell u the truth, all it felt like to me was being in a bumper car and getting pegged on the back-right side and getting spun around. I know it was much more than that, but i didn't realize that until i actually saw her and the car. Im not complaining though because i had prayed that something would happen to make us stronger just before we had left her house. i definitely wasn't expecting that though. In other words, careful what you pray for, you just might get it. Lol. I do miss the car but i have no regrets. Going a little off-topic, she's a chevy fan too so a betrayed my ford loyalty for a few seconds and cracked a ford joke to get her to calm down( FORD = Found On Road Dead; atleast it was just the car ). I'm still loyal to Ford though and out rivalry willl continue. Anyway, I'm feeling the pain now in my throat, shoulder, and back. I'm going to the Doc tommorrow to get checked out. Hopefully i'll be as fine as i felt yesterday. For transportation now though, i guess ill be going back to my old car for now till i get another. It's an 86' Mustang convertible that I'm planning on restoring later anyway. I'm gonna be putting a new motor and transmission in though, but i would appreciate it if anybody could give many any tips on finding motor and unique body parts for one.

PS: I'll be posting pics of the focus tommorrow.

2004 SVTF Wreck Pics at PhotoBucket search username MustangGuy2008
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2007, 09:17 PM   #2
Logan175
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 22323
What I Drive: The focus got torched now we have a 3 series BMW

FF Reputation: 1 Logan175 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
thats terrible. you gotta love insurance companies, not caring about people at all.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:19 PM   #3
MySVTFocusPWNS
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

like i said, i really do hate that i lost my car, but as long as 1) Ashley was ok, 2) the other passengers in the blazer were ok, and 3) i walked away, im completely content

Old 06-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #4
afraziaaaa
Focus Addict

Fan#: 47383
What I Drive: 2005 ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 24 afraziaaaa Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Wow. That's a powerful point of view you have on the situation. Maybe you shouldn't be careful what you wish for, and be glad that you got it. I wanna see wedding pics!
Old 06-03-2007, 09:24 PM   #5
gratefullife
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5420
What I Drive: 2004 Comp Orange SVT & 2004 Titan

FF Reputation: 14 gratefullife Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Glad to hear you two are good overall. Sorry to hear about your car though.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:31 PM   #6
MySVTFocusPWNS
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

you know, i thought about that earlier, and sure, you can have all of the wedding pics u want. No regrets what-so-ever.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:39 PM   #7
Lumadar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10555
What I Drive: 2006 Focus ZX3 SE Infra Red

FF Reputation: 2 Lumadar Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySVTFocusPWNS View Post
like i said, i really do hate that i lost my car, but as long as 1) Ashley was ok, 2) the other passengers in the blazer were ok, and 3) i walked away, im completely content
As hard as it is to see that way in a time like, it's exactly right. Good to hear everyone is ok!

I hope it all works out for the best
Old 06-03-2007, 09:39 PM   #8
MySVTFocusPWNS
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

one more thing while im thinking about it, im gonna check and see if the altezza tails i have on it are any count, if they are, im sure ill be selling them on here soon. They are chrome and of course, i have no use for them now. I may also possibly be selling a bass kit i had in it too. It is a DUAL system with 2 10" speakers and a 375 watt amp. The speakers are in a black (outside) and white (inside) vented box with blue LEDS and a mirror in the bottom. Not sure if the leds willl work now but, im not sure whether i will even be selling it yet or not.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:42 PM   #9
MySVTFocusPWNS
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumadar View Post
As hard as it is to see that way in a time like, it's exactly right. Good to hear everyone is ok!

I hope it all works out for the best
thx luma. it actually wasn't as tough to look at it that way when it actually happened as hard as that is to believe b/c i was checking on everybody else.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:43 PM   #10
EvilGenius
Focus Addict

Fan#: 38939
What I Drive: 2001 Silver ZX3 5spd

FF Reputation: 4 EvilGenius Good Standing Member
So what was the reason the insurance company gave you for not giving you any money? Regardless of whether its your fault or not, if the car is totaled then you should get something. I mean that's what we pay them for right?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->