Replacing wheel bearing how to remove lower control arm - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-03-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
sffish
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 47718
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Focus SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 sffish Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Replacing wheel bearing how to remove lower control arm

I'm replacing the driver's side front wheel bearing on my 2000 Ford Focus SE Wagon. How do I remove lower control arm from the spindle containing the wheel bearing? The Ford shop manual says to use a special tool to remove the lower control arm (separate the ball joint?) but doesn't say what this tool is. Also after you separate the spindle and lower control arm, how do you reassemble it? There is a pinch bolt that I removed, but I'm still not sure how to reassemble the part. I think you're supposed to use these pickle fork like tools to separate the lower control arm, just stick the fork between the arm and the spindle and hit it with a hammer? Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2007, 09:58 PM   #2
zx32nr
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43460
What I Drive: 2007 pitch black zx3 ses

FF Reputation: 16 zx32nr Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
un screw the nut from on top of the ball joint and hit it out with a hammer, and when u want to put it back it, make sure u have an air compressor with an air gun to zap it back on. to do the wheel bearing u need to pull the hub off cause it is a pressed bearing and have a shop press the new one in
Zetec Crew #175
REP WHEN REP IS DUE
shorty header, magnaflow 2 1/2 catback, 65mm TB, pipercross viper, cfm pully set, sct reflash, steeda STS, screemin deamon coil, livewires, and a damn good driver
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.