code P2258 on XCAL? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-25-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
UncommonCustoms
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2100
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 5-SPD PZEV / F250 superduty

FF Reputation: -3 UncommonCustoms Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
code P2258 on XCAL?

I am throwing a check on a code p2258 when I scanned it with my xcal2 ,,... also I just finnished putting my car together and it moves. I am going to post the build shortly but I am having some probs with my camera... it kinda died and I lost allot of good pics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2007, 11:49 AM   #2
UncommonCustoms
Focus Enthusiast

2258 anyone????? anyway back out to the garage I am putting my sparco corsa's in today
Old 05-25-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
Egz
Sückn' n Blown

Fan#: 442
What I Drive: 2003 2.3l ZX3

FF Reputation: 111 Egz Excellent Standing Member Egz Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Looks like a problem with the secondary air pump.

P2258 Secondary Air Injection System Control A Circuit High

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...f/OBDSM505.pdf
Quote:
Secondary air systems typically utilize an electric air pump as well as one or two electrically controlled check valves to deliver air into the exhaust manifold.

The only vehicle which uses secondary air is the 2.3L PZEV Focus. The Focus uses a system with ported air. This means that airflow is delivered to each individual exhaust port. The secondary air pump is energized soon after start-up while the fuel system is in open loop and icing conditions are not likely. After the O2 sensors warm up, the secondary air pump continues to be energized while the fuel system goes into closed loop fuel. The secondary air system continues to run in closed loop fuel until the air pump is de-energized. The typical time period in which the AIR pump is energized is approximately 12 seconds.

The AIR pump flow check monitors the HO2S signal at idle to determine if secondary air is being delivered into the exhaust system. The air/fuel ratio is commanded open-loop rich, the AIR pump is turned on and the time required for the HO2S signal to go lean is monitored. If the HO2S signal does not go lean within the allowable time limit, a low/no flow malfunction is indicated. (P0411)

The electric air pump draws high current and must be energized through a separate relay. Both the primary and secondary circuits are checked for opens and shorts. First, the output driver within the PCM (primary circuit) is checked for circuit continuity (P0412). This circuit energizes the relay and the vacuum-operated check and control valve(s). Next, a feedback circuit from the secondary side of the relay to the PCM is used to check secondary circuit continuity (P2257, P2258).
Old 05-25-2007, 04:08 PM   #4
UncommonCustoms
Focus Enthusiast

thanks egz
Old 05-25-2007, 04:27 PM   #5
strung
PIMP'N AINT EASY

Fan#: 44516
What I Drive: 06 RED ST/SAP1

FF Reputation: 34 strung Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
egz always comes thru....that guy must have more rep points than i have money.
ST CREW #62
put your motor where your mouth is.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->