ebay seat covers for fleawannabe et al. (56k maybe) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-23-2007, 10:55 PM   #1
EdX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46329
What I Drive: 2004 Sangria Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 EdX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Arrow ebay seat covers for fleawannabe et al. (56k maybe)

ok, here's the pics of the $50 ebay seatcover set from covers4seats
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...QQcmdZViewItem

i am not trying to show off how great they are or what a cool mod they are. in another thread (that i didn't really want to hijack with all these pics) fleawannabe was interested in knowing more about these specific covers and so here they are. they're seat covers, not upholstry, and no seat cover will ever look like it came installed on the car. however they will protect your seats so that they will look new for years to come should you ever decide to sell your car. they also help cover up an already trashed set of seats very nicely and affordably. (main reason i've bought covers in the past - decided to avoid that if possible with the focus). i like these for my purposes. i don't need to hear about my tastes if others don't.

so i hope you can see these pics flea. if you have any troubles, pm me and i'll just email you the set.

first, the front seats. the sides and back are the stretch lycra material. they are close enough in color that they don't jump out at you that they aren't the same vinyl on the actual seat portion. each of the seats is a one piece cover with a seperate headrest cover. there are straps that help hold the bottom section tight that go between the seat sections. i've never seen a set of covers with this feature and it really helps the looks.

next, the back seat. the top back is all vinyl and is also the hardest to install. i could easily remove any other covers for washing if needed but i wouldn't take that piece off except to replace it unless i absolutely had to. no one has ever been in my backseat so the covers aren't really settling in as they would normally.

here's a close up of the driver's seat - the only seat that has been sat in since these were installed.

and now the view from the back - the real downside to seat covers vs. real upholstry. backseat passengers will never have any illusion about whether these are seatcovers or not. the big black thumb sticking up on the passenger side seat is my trash can from target. it would look much nicer if it was pulled all the way over the seat pocket but i simply use the trash too much to forgo that convience.

lastly, the backseat as seen from the hatch area. definitly the ugliest part of the deal but then again how many people are going to be evaluating your trunk space (audiophiles excepted obviously)? i may eventually velcro something over the top of all the straps just so i don't have to look at it.

i hope this helps a bit more flea (and anybody else who has seen these and considered buying them). i'm definitly not trying to promote this item, but i will say that i'm happy enough for what they cost. Diane, the woman who sells them, is very nice and answered my emailed questions quickly and thouroughly before i bought them. i knew pretty much what i was getting and now anyone who sees this should know even more than i did and be able to make an informed decision as to whether they would be right for their focus.

Team DURATEC #55
if you can't laugh at yourself you're not paying enough attention to what you're doing
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2007, 11:12 PM   #2
Black_Dragon_01
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 43433
What I Drive: 02 Subaru Legacy GT

FF Reputation: 1 Black_Dragon_01 Good Standing Member
buddy , you could have went to Pepboys and got a 7 piece set, in red to match your car, for 29.99 and it would have look 100 times better, if you dont have a Pep boys let me know i will buy them and send them to you free shipping , just please um get rid of those ones

but if you like them , its your car and thats what matters!
Old 05-23-2007, 11:49 PM   #3
EdX3
Focus Enthusiast

uugh, no red on the inside of my car!! i had a red steering wheel cover for a few weeks and that about drove me nuts. i like red, i just don't like staring at it/living with it constantly. i'm much more of an earth tone kind of guy. i like a much more subdued mood for my interior.

this was actually a 9 piece set but i really had no need for the 3 leftover headrest pieces.

and its been many years since i've set foot in manny, moe and jack's. i prefer kragen and napa for most of my needs. and since i haven't seen the ones you are referring to, i guess i'm not really able to make an informed decision as to whether the pep boys or ebay covers look better for my taste. these are custom fitted to the focus and i doubt the pep boys are.

but like i said before, i'm happy enough with these. ultimate goal is to get real leather seats or upholstry replacement. til then, these work fine and improve my own sense of appreciation for the interior. i dislike the stock fabric. in fact i dislike most stock fabrics i see. that's just me i guess.
Team DURATEC #55
if you can't laugh at yourself you're not paying enough attention to what you're doing
Old 05-23-2007, 11:50 PM   #4
vinnieZTS
Spunky!!!

Fan#: 43295
What I Drive: 2003 Cloud 9 White ZTS

FF Reputation: 18 vinnieZTS Great Standing Member
sry, but you could have gotten way better ones elsewhere... those dont even fit... :-\

cant wait til you get the real leather seats..!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:02 AM   #5
saves th3 day
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 36869
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 saves th3 day Good Standing Member
Driver seat looks pretty nice but the headrest looks like a plastic bag or something
Old 05-24-2007, 03:13 AM   #6
EdX3
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnieZTS View Post
sry, but you could have gotten way better ones elsewhere... those dont even fit... :-\

cant wait til you get the real leather seats..!
hmm, vinnie. in your 2 years of being a driver have you ever actually owned seat covers? or even seen them on anyone else's car? specificly ones for/on a focus? like i said explicitly, these are covers - not upholstry replacements. if you can show a better fitting set at a similar price, i'm sure everybody would like to know - me included. cause i've owned several sets of generic covers and these fit way better than any of them ever did on my other cars. so please feel free to back your statement up with some proof. it won't hurt my feelings to find out i didn't get the best deal for my money the first time. of course, i am considerably older than you and i'm absolutely sure that your idea of better and mine are probably different with the exception of agreeing on the leather.

i do look forward to the day i get real leather but it isn't in the budget for awhile unless some great deal falls out of the sky and lands in my lap.

saves th3 day - i would tend to agree. i thought they could have used a bit more vinyl wrap around and less lycra on the headrests but hey, you get what you pay for.
Team DURATEC #55
Old 05-24-2007, 09:00 AM   #7
Focistang85
CloudNine88's Man

Fan#: 39225
What I Drive: '04 ZX3 SVT Blk;'08 Mazdaspeed3 Blu

FF Reputation: 32 Focistang85 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I agree about the price-to-quality ratio. I think Ford sells some fitted, but they would be over double what you paid for those. But those DO look like they belong in the car. Like you said, for the price, they're pretty good.

How does it work if you have rear headrests? It looks like they are sewn shut.

If I'm helpful, give me a REP Point. Click the little silver scale at the bottom of my username panel.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:08 AM   #8
cayres
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 35184
What I Drive: 03 Comp Orange EAP SVT, 06 ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 8 cayres Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
i personally wouldnt mind a seat cover for my seat because of the wear and tear. but i dont want to hide the seats. descisions
Old 05-24-2007, 09:39 AM   #9
ilovemyzx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 43700
What I Drive: 01 Audi TT 04 GTO

FF Reputation: 3 ilovemyzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
me personaly i have never liked seat covers BUT those do look nice, they dont look loose or anything. nice and tight, like you said made for the focus.

i would have gotten black leather though :)
TEAM DURATEC #67
FOCUS FACTOR MEMBER
Old 05-24-2007, 10:21 AM   #10
bdnld4482
Banned

Fan#: 46063
What I Drive: 2012 black focus titanium

FF Reputation: 37 bdnld4482 Great Standing Member
they just look cheap. they might look good if they had red or any other coler in the middle, and they dont fit the seats snugly and thats what i think makes them look cheap. they might look good if they were snug.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.