Forced Induction Cam Thread - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-20-2007, 05:51 PM   #51
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Memberbesthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)

dude k-dog you just got pwned soooooooo hard....nice work tom
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2007, 06:56 PM   #52
turbozetec
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 28647
What I Drive: 02, Sonic Blue, SVT

FF Reputation: 3 turbozetec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Tom well put from one of the TRUE FOCUS PRO's
SVT Squad #163
Build #3506
Old 05-21-2007, 08:13 AM   #53
K Dog
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 23554
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 10 K Dog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Riiight. I got "pwned"?

I still have yet to receive the reponse from my earlier request:

"OK. So you saying I dont have emperical data, which you claim to have. Shut me up. Post it."

So bottom line - neither of us have the back to back Focus data to PROVE without a doubt our cases. Im using logic based on previous gains in other types of cars and perceived benefit on Foci.

Tom is basing his experience that stocks cams didnt hurt anything and of course personal trashing as usual.

Doesnt bother me.

Well, I have some testing to do, then we can reconvene our mud slinging match.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:24 AM   #54
cayres
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 35184
What I Drive: 03 Comp Orange EAP SVT, 06 ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 8 cayres Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I like how camed motors sound.....seriously.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:42 PM   #55
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by K Dog View Post
Riiight. I got "pwned"?

I still have yet to receive the reponse from my earlier request:

"OK. So you saying I dont have emperical data, which you claim to have. Shut me up. Post it."

So bottom line - neither of us have the back to back Focus data to PROVE without a doubt our cases. Im using logic based on previous gains in other types of cars and perceived benefit on Foci.

Tom is basing his experience that stocks cams didnt hurt anything and of course personal trashing as usual.

Doesnt bother me.

Well, I have some testing to do, then we can reconvene our mud slinging match.
No sorry i dont base what I call "FACTS" on stock cams didnt hurt so why go to performance ones that sounds something like what you guys DID SAY about your testing , I have been tuning and testing the Focus sense 2000 and have done back to back testing with about every cam out there that would come close to working in FI. Why the crap should I help you guys out with the data I learned from weeks on the dyno and close to 150Hrs of testing. Your the self proclaimed Pros of the Focus world , You should know all this already and you wouldnt look so foolish with what your posting

As for shutting you up whay would i want to do that about everytime you open your mouth you show just how much more you truely dont know about the Focus and what it takes to keep it safe and run properly

As for what you call "personal trashing" is me correction misinformation at first I didnt even know who you were you have so many Diff screan names then when i found out who you were you , Being the self proclaimed Pros of the Focus world should of known better then to give the poor misinformation you posted and then turning around and telling everyone it was "facts" when you truely had nothing factual to back it up , Dont blame me for you looking foolish I only responded to what you typed down and tried to correct it

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 05-22-2007, 02:57 PM   #56
I8AVTEC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8155
What I Drive: 2001 PowerWorkd ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 I8AVTEC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just want to add my 2 cents so please don't bash me.
I built my motor with what I felt to be the strongest parts for my budget. I also went to Massive for tuning, they did quite a job tuning it (although they got my battery cover and Atmosphere CD! ) But it runs good and seems to be doing good.
So other then a few little things ill just keep to myself they did a great job and have always helped me out. I also know there are a lot of people out there that have tons of experience with the focus (Tom, Randy) But with the FR stg 2's in my car I think they were worth the buy. Maybe there not for everyone but to each their own right? If I could I would go to Tom's shop or Randy's but it's a pretty far drive.

So do I know they did everything right (I hope) Well I guess ill never know but I trust them so If it blows up was it my fault in building the motor? Or something in the tune? I guess ill never know.

I really don't like seeing all this fighting and trashing each other! We should stick together and give helpful tips and tricks to everyone isn't that what these forums are for?

So I just wanted to throw that in there and say I'm one person who has a lot of Auto Mechanics experience but no tuning experience, I'm happy with my cams and my PWSC.

Thanks
Old 05-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #57
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Im glad your happy with your ride and respect your opinion because you dont know what works and what doesent work

You stated "But with the FR stg 2's in my car I think they were worth the buy."
What kind of HP gains would it take for it to be worth the 350 to 370.00 that you paid massive im guessing for the cams

The point im trying to make in all this is , People dont know what parts make power or dont make power so you ask your builder or tuner , Most tuners sell parts and thats how they make there money so there going to sell you on what they sell . Why ? because like in massives case they "claimed" to know "Fact" that the FR2 cams worked but have no testing to back it up , The Customer didnt know so he bought them. He, as stated is happy but I think if he knew that his 350.00+ $$$ netted him about 8HP or less he wouldnt be so happy about spending that much for so little

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 05-22-2007, 09:43 PM   #58
CatMostFeared
FocusXtreme

Fan#: 20987
What I Drive: Wicked 2000 Turbo Zx3

FF Reputation: 20 CatMostFeared Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Massive has they Stage 2 cams for sale at $219 which is a good deal

so just say you get 8 more 8hp thats $27 per 1 Hp

If you pay 350 for 8 Hp then its $43 per 1HP

WOW
Old 05-22-2007, 09:49 PM   #59
TainOE
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 28520
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: -18 TainOE Needs To Improve
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I bought my Fr2's looking to improve my N/A power but then decided that turbo was the only way to go for real power. I will be bringing my Focus to Tom in just over a week. I'll have my stock cams in the trunk. It will be up to Tom if he wants to show FR2's vs Stock.

I agree that we should keep the thread diplomatic but at the same time I don't think anyone here can afford to get bad information.

I have read just about every thread and TOM's name is alway mentioned in a positive way. Everyone leaves NC with a smile and a fast Focus! That is fact enough for me!
Old 05-23-2007, 04:53 AM   #60
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

If you have Performance cams already use them , I never said they didnt make power I said they didnt make power vs the cost

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus

Bookmarks & Social Networks