Contour SVT Swap! Proj. Log! - Page 62 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Engine & Transmission Swap

Engine & Transmission Swap The place to chat about any engine and transmission swap.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-30-2008, 03:43 AM   #611
OB1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 54643
What I Drive: 98 T-red CSVT

FF Reputation: 1 OB1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Great job so far & good luck finishing it up.

I can't believe you are letting Chaney work on your car j/k!
I wish I saw this when you got started, I could've helped you track down some of the contour parts. If you need any more tour parts let me know.

blu fuz is right about the oil starvation issues just run 6-6.5 quarts in it & cut out all of that off roading.

There were no SVT engines factory installed in cougars btw, but several have been dropped in afterwards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2008, 10:53 PM   #612
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 47 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
^^^Your wrong there were some SVTC motors in the cougars they just did'nt call them SVTCougars. I forget what trim level they were in but they did make em'.

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 10-30-2008, 10:54 PM   #613
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Double posting

Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat

Last edited by sleepyboy; 10-31-2008 at 03:00 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:35 PM   #614
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboy View Post
^^^Your wrong there were some SVTC motors in the cougars they just did'nt call them SVTCougars. I forget what trim level they were in but they did make em'.
I think those were in the special edition types (forgot what they were called, but I knew when I was looking at them, lol.)

as such:

SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 10-31-2008, 01:39 AM   #615
kpeeks
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 59117
What I Drive: 2000 Cougar

FF Reputation: 2 kpeeks Good Standing Member
Hate to burst your bubble, but no cougars came with the SVT 2.5L. The "Sports" & Special edition models just had a raised speed govenor & optional dual exit exhaust. The main difference in the motors are cams, intake, & ECU programming...thats why the CSVT required 91 Octane.

Mike, nice looking 02 XR. I have never liked the non functional hood scoop though.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:23 AM   #616
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

^^^ok well.....he is right though...good ole wiki says that Ford was so close to production on that type of model that parts are availble at the dealership for a car that was "never made". I swear I could have seen one. Maybe it was just an owner who put an SVT intake manifold on his who knows. I guess when pushed you find out new information. Though I swear it was an outgoing model year that had it and there were very few numbers and ford never advertised. Go figure. All I know is if I pop the hood and it says SVT on the intake manifold and the egine was not modified then it would be one of those "special models". I'm sure a few leaked out but who knows. CURSE YOU FORD!! j/k

Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 10-31-2008, 04:07 AM   #617
kpeeks
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 59117
What I Drive: 2000 Cougar

FF Reputation: 2 kpeeks Good Standing Member
The Duratec 2.5, 3.0, & SVT 2.5 are basically the same motor. The special model that wiki refers to is the Cougar S, which was to be a 2.5 or 3.0 SVT, AWD or FWD, Turbo or Supercharger. It is true you can find Cougar S parts but its basically just cosmetic/interior items, no actual powertrain parts. The reason there's a "this or that" is because there were 2 "S" designated cars & each was different. One was built by Roush or someone & is usually dubbed the Eliminator & the other which most refer to as the true Cougar S was all SVT/SVE(Euro) engineering. You can find some photos of them online, 1 is actually a NECO member's car that he transformed into a S model.

hehe Hope that kinda informs ya! Now back on topic......get the project finished!!!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 04:26 AM   #618
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

^^I read it also lol

Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 10-31-2008, 10:01 AM   #619
blu_fuz
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 60215
What I Drive: '95 Contour SE 3L MTX

FF Reputation: 1 blu_fuz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeeks View Post
The Duratec 2.5, 3.0, & SVT 2.5 are basically the same motor.
He means the same size block .
Obviously the 3L is putting out more power because of the internals being bigger cam lobes are different than the 2.5L and the SVT. The SVT 2.5L is just a better intake/cam/ecu like stated before, but they all derrived from the same block just modified internally and with different locations of the accessories.

The cougar "s" was never produced but man was it close. I know that some "s" parts were produced because the Cougar "s" clutch kits have been offered to us at CEG (contour enthusiast group) and NECO (new cougar enthusiast group) because they seem to be made of the same material as the SVT contour clutch kits and are the same size. Someone might be installing one as we speak from the contour site.

Don't let a SVT UIM on a cougar fool you into thinking it is a Cougar S.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:00 PM   #620
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeeks View Post
Mike, nice looking 02 XR. I have never liked the non functional hood scoop though.
yeah thanks, I was going to get one of these (black) but I didn't have the cash at the time. lol. nice ride though y'know, I was thinking of getting the special edition cougar's wheels, with black centercaps instead of red. I don't know if i like those or the EAPs better, lol. I do love the cougar's logo though

my one mistake is not looking under the hood to see what's in the car that I'll buy. lol.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
duratec deb , effin awesome build , she lives! , svtc swap
-->