Contour SVT Swap! Proj. Log! - Page 51 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Engine & Transmission Swap

Engine & Transmission Swap The place to chat about any engine and transmission swap.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-16-2008, 05:37 AM   #501
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

Fan#: 27514
What I Drive: '91 Miata, '82 Benz 300TD

FF Reputation: 9 Timmeh! Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
well i gots to see my womans... and its all highway miles anyways.... the only time not having power steering sucks is parking and or when im not moving at all... and a focus dont weigh much... its not like im driving a crown vic without power steering.... its just a light little ZX3.... with a contour motor.... mmmm torque.... can you tell i REALLY want to start the motor today?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2008, 05:41 AM   #502
dullishpage
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32500
What I Drive: 2006 Ford Focus ZX4 Sonic Blue

FF Reputation: 40 dullishpage Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
damn, I want to start the motor today. damn if I had a v6 in my focus I would have smoked my bosses Honda Civic SI, damn bastard and his $6000 in mods smoked my damn "super stock" automatic. I was sand bagging for next time, or at least thats what I told him. lol...DAMN, a v6 would rip his honda a new one.!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I <3 my ZX3 View Post
well i gots to see my womans... and its all highway miles anyways.... the only time not having power steering sucks is parking and or when im not moving at all... and a focus dont weigh much... its not like im driving a crown vic without power steering.... its just a light little ZX3.... with a contour motor.... mmmm torque.... can you tell i REALLY want to start the motor today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dullishpage View Post
I Am The Winner! I WIN BECAUSE I DID IT WITH MY MIND.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:51 AM   #503
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

have him come out to the G2g... i'll show him whats up...

and this swap is prolly costing me $6k or more... but the advantage is i can go back... turbo it and make over 300whp without even breaking anything.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:22 AM   #504
dullishpage
Focus Addict

he would never come, he gives me shit constantly about my focus. I give him crap about his unamerican car, even though it is made in canada, still screw him.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2008, 06:29 AM   #505
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

the point is that absolutely 0 dollars of his car ended up here...

even though the Foci are made in mexico... at least the profits end up in Ford America's hands... now if only we could convince them to use it to bring the ST over......
that'd end up being my next car.... my daily for when my car becomes a project only track monster, lol. so Ford America has some time to bring it over.

buying american supports america no matter where the car is made.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:33 AM   #506
dullishpage
Focus Addict

Ford CEO announced they are going to make the "EURO" focus in the NA last quarter of 2011 if they can get a loan to convert their plant that makes suv's and trucks to make foci. I posted that info somewhere on here, iono where.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2008, 06:37 AM   #507
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

oh... cool... and my return line is done!!! pics in a little bit when it's actually on the car.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:44 AM   #508
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

so heres the awesomeness that is the return fuel line (much thanks to ford for making the Focus a semi-return system... more details later)

there it is... a brass female T with male to barb fittings.... a little old gas helped me slip all the hosing on... and it ain't coming off.

and theres the line running from the fuel pressure regulator to the return fitting i made...

the line i tapped into... its that little thing on the left side of the engine bay....
its a fuel evap canister... and it also takes the extra fuel from the rail.

im sure you're wondering why it has a return and why the Focus's stock returnless system has this thing.....

its cause theres a fuel pressure regulator that sits on the end of the rail (that little plastic thing you have to unbolt to get the rail off) ensuring that the rail will never exceed a certain pressure (in case the fuel pump gets grounded constantly or otherwise goes haywire.. it also helps the fuel system keep a constant pressure when it's operating 100% duty cycle)

that little regulator bleeds off into the evap... that condenses the gas vapors and sends the whole deal back to the tank.

so i tapped directly into the lower fitting... which feeds fuel to the tank.

i also disabled the fuel evap... its not needed with the regulator and return style system.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:58 AM   #509
Aku
Sneeze

Fan#: 57726
What I Drive: 04 A4 Avant, 04 R32T, 94 CBR

Points 10,080, Level 67
Points: 10,080, Level: 67 Points: 10,080, Level: 67 Points: 10,080, Level: 67
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 4 Aku Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Good shit. Hook up the rest of the lines!

Figure out what ur gunna do for the radiator stuff seeing as that hose is too small. You could prolly force it on there with a little bit of lube or something to presuede it on but it would prolly be easier to get 1-1/4" tubing.

You get some money from your mom?
Old 09-16-2008, 08:51 AM   #510
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

i'll give it a shot AND look up places that sell 1-1/4" and no... my mom has already loaned me enough money she says she cant really afford it right now... which i understand.. cause shes worried my ex is gonna have some kind of excuse (again) as to why she cant give me the money today.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
duratec deb , effin awesome build , she lives! , svtc swap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.