If my SVT could write a book (long rant warning) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-04-2007, 02:24 AM   #1
Foci-Guy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 30351
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Foci-Guy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If my SVT could write a book (long rant warning)

I have just paid off my focus and with the rough ride I have had over the past two years with it I was debating getting a new car. However, I think I decided to give her another chance. Here is her story.

She was bought with some bonus money I recieved after signing up for another four years with the Marines. It was love at first site. She was a late model 03 Infra-red with all the fixins'. Right away I bought her a magnaflow exhaust and an AEM cold air intake. Aside from a VSS cable shorting out, all was right in the world.

In 05' She was sidelined while I was shipped to Iraq for the entire year. I had visions or grandeur and soon saw those visions come to fruitation. I sent her into a local performance shop to have an aluminum flywheel and a stage4 clutch put in. I also ordered a PW supercharger and would install that myself when I got back. while she was at the shop, some ne'r do well broke her passenger window and stole my two 10" subs and two 750w amps all in an enclosure. Insurance would not cover it. the shop replaced the glass. w/e, it was time to replace my stereo stuff anyway.

In 06' I got back from Iraq and immediately started working on the supercharger.... I also put on a short shifter and an adjustable cam gear and all three motor mounts. everything went on without a hitch and after about two weeks She was on the road. I drove her for three days only around town until the recommended break in 70miles or so and then hopped onto the freeway. while running her through the gears, while high in third, she stalled and put out a huge plume of white smoke! OH NO'S !!!!!

Upon inspection at said performance shop come to find out my engine is definately blown. upon calling PW, I find that they sent me a tune that was running way too much boost and that they will send me a new engine and pay for the installation. OK, guess well wait for her to get reinstalled. It took like six months to get it almost finished at the shop (Arggh!) once they almost got it all together they notice that some of the coating is coming off the spindle on the supercharger. so that got sent to california to get replaced. While that was getting done, somebody literally broke into the lot at the shop and put her on blocks. They stole my stock wheels!!! well after some arguments with the shop and my insurance company (no body wanted to pay), I ended up having to get my insurance company to pay for them. That worked out anyway because I was able to put konigs on them and pay for my deductable with the money they gave me for them.

So She finaly comes back to me after all this and after about three days She starts running like crap and She is throwing an 02 sensor code. I'm definately not taking her back to that shop after all this, so I take a look at the sensor and see that there is no gasget on it. grr. so I get a new gasget and nothing. I replace the sensor and nothing. the harness looks good. no leaks. I'm clueless so I take her into another shop and have them run some diagnostics. They tell me that my ECU is putting out some ROM error and that would need to be fixed before I go any further. well guess what? Now I'm broke and getting ready to ship out to Iraq for the entire year of 07', so she is now in a pretty sad condition. I am no longer broke but don't know how to go about this I don't trust anybody in my location (far east in NC). I am going to send her as far as I have to to get her taken care of right.... I may inquire to tom, maybe even hypnotic illusions in GA. whatever it takes...

Any suggestions? And if you read this far, thanks for listening to my bored rant.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2007, 02:53 AM   #2
Foci-Guy
Focus Rookie

-I guess in hindsight, I probably should have put this in the owners lounge, and I do apologize if it is deemed necessary to move it, but I would really appreciate any opinions on what to do about the ecu error I'm getting and if anyone may think it has anything to do with the 02 code.-
Old 05-04-2007, 03:35 AM   #3
NikiterZTS
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 28234
What I Drive: 2002 Gun Grey ZTS

FF Reputation: 5 NikiterZTS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
anything to support the troops....
too bad u never really got to play with her....oh well in a year u will....

do u get to shoot alot down there??

I have 5 points on this site :-/
Old 05-04-2007, 03:57 AM   #4
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foci-Guy View Post
-I guess in hindsight, I probably should have put this in the owners lounge, and I do apologize if it is deemed necessary to move it, but I would really appreciate any opinions on what to do about the ecu error I'm getting and if anyone may think it has anything to do with the 02 code.-
I think you need to get it to someone who knows what they're doing with a boosted Focus...seeing as how you live in NC when you're not off playing in the sandbox, I'd suggest taking it to Tom and getting it tuned.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:58 AM   #5
Foci-Guy
Focus Rookie

Not really, I'm a computer tech. glorious eh? lol. thanks for the support. yeah, I will probably toss Tom an email. he had offered to help me out earlier before I found out about the rom error, but I could not make it down there cause I was getting ready to leave. If he is gracious enough to help, maybe I can drive it up ther while I am on my 15days r&r. I'm just about willing to do/spend whatever it takes at this point.

Last edited by Foci-Guy; 05-04-2007 at 04:04 AM. Reason: to include reply to more responses
Old 05-04-2007, 04:07 AM   #6
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Yeah, shoot him a PM or e-mail, he's 1turbofocus on here...actually he's a sponsor and has his own sub-forum (Focus Power.) Great guy, used to build turbo kits for Zetecs but now he's in semi-retirement and only does built engines and tuning.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:51 AM   #7
JRODSVT
Dragon Warrior

Fan#: 15362
What I Drive: 03 SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 97 JRODSVT Excellent Standing Member
i concur go with Tom he is in NC and he knows the zetec inside and out. he is the man and your car will be perfectly tuned.

I am glad you decided not to get a new car because you money and time into this one so you should see it through. Same thing could have happened to any car you owned. That car ought to be pretty damn fast when it is done.
o xxxxxxxxxxxx o
Old 05-04-2007, 04:29 PM   #8
avengerc4
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(

Fan#: 493
What I Drive: 02 PWorks SVTF, 2014 Subaru Outback

FF Reputation: 4 avengerc4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Tom ftw...
Old 05-04-2007, 09:27 PM   #9
goixoye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13282
What I Drive: 1992 Mazda Miata

FF Reputation: 3 goixoye Good Standing Member
I trust Tom.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.