Speedometer jumps/bounces and car trembles/shakes - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-02-2007, 10:29 PM   #11
Jeremyy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 46580
What I Drive: 2001 Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Jeremyy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have replaced the spark plug and wires, which has lifetime warranty.

Bosch Platinum 2 spark plugs and Duralast wires. Saved $200 than let mechanic do it.

Now the shaking problem of the car seems gone. We had P0304 error code which means #4 cylinder misfire. It did not go back to normal once we replaced it. But after we fasten/enforced both end of the wires, the problem seems gone so far. I suspect it is contact problem, and replacement of spark plug and wire might not be needed.

The speedometer still jumps, but not as often or bad. I suspect that misfire worsen the speedometer problem, although they seem unrelated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2007, 02:15 PM   #12
StupidZX3

Fan#:
I replaced the plugs and wires also, about a day after that, the car threw a CEL on and started to shake even worse.. Turns out the coil was cracked... Replaced it, and the car runs perfect now, no more jerking of the speedometer or bucking of the car.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:30 PM   #13
fastfocus00
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16893
What I Drive: 2000 Autumn Orange ZX3 5-Speed

FF Reputation: 1 fastfocus00 Good Standing Member
i had the same problem. its prolly your speed sensor malfunctioning. my car did the same thing. have someone replace it and it should take care of it. your speedo and tach and trip run off the speed sensor which is part of the tranny so when your speedo jumps around it makes the car feel like its shaking and what not.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:30 PM   #14
kndlz28
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 17844
What I Drive: 2005 F150, 2000 ZX3, 2006.5 Optima

FF Reputation: 1 kndlz28 Good Standing Member
Mine did about the exact same thing. Here's my old thread.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=37379

And FWIW, it was the engine grounds. Good luck!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:08 PM   #15
bryfsvt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33542
FF Reputation: 7 bryfsvt Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfocus00 View Post
i had the same problem. its prolly your speed sensor malfunctioning. my car did the same thing. have someone replace it and it should take care of it. your speedo and tach and trip run off the speed sensor which is part of the tranny so when your speedo jumps around it makes the car feel like its shaking and what not.

x2... I bet its the Trans speed sensor
Old 12-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #16
rics94svtbird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95825
What I Drive: 2002 Red Focus SE 4door

FF Reputation: 2 rics94svtbird Good Standing Member
Problem solved

I think u might be having a problem with ur Mass Air Flow sensor aka MAF sensor my 94 tbird had the same problem but the only diff was that the rpm and the Speedo would jump I bought 2 cats new wires spark plugs and coil pack and all to find out that the maf was the problem wich was worth on 8 buckaroos at AutoZone vs 400 for the cats and stuff

Bookmarks & Social Networks