120 mph limit???? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 07:38 AM   #11
ttvines
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40005
FF Reputation: 1 ttvines Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The best way to break in a car is to drive it in all the rev bands, even redline. Have you seen how they break in the porsche engines at the porsche factory?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2007, 08:45 AM   #12
hughesart
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 46374
What I Drive: 2007 pitch black zx4 st

FF Reputation: 1 hughesart Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
No dragstrip, just spirited back road driving. Didn't set out to see top speed, just happened to get there a few times. This car handles very well in stock trim and is very easy to go fast without beating it up.

Any vehicle [car-bike] is as broken in as it needs to be at 500 miles and you should break it in the at about 80-85% of the way you will be driving it later.

I am an old timer and this is the first "forum" I have taken part in. I knew I could find answers to my questions [thank you to those of you who offered good info]
but did not expect to take such a beating from others. but from what I see on the other "threads" thats par for the course and I am fair game.

This car is a lot of fun and I will most likely up grade the brakes and tires and thats it [good enough for ripping up back roads and deer dodging].

But now I wonder what you guys "do" with your cars once you have added all that expensive go fast stuff and eye candy to them??? Maybe this should be a topic for a different thread

What a great car!!!

Old 04-29-2007, 11:46 AM   #13
strung
PIMP'N AINT EASY

Fan#: 44516
What I Drive: 06 RED ST/SAP1

FF Reputation: 34 strung Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
well, keep in mind the moderators get all bent when top speed is talked about..but yes, the sct xcal2 does remove the top speed limiter.
ST CREW #62
put your motor where your mouth is.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:47 PM   #14
wickedgreyzx3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 34204
What I Drive: 2006 ZX3 Liquid Grey

FF Reputation: 17 wickedgreyzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesart View Post
No dragstrip, just spirited back road driving. Didn't set out to see top speed, just happened to get there a few times. This car handles very well in stock trim and is very easy to go fast without beating it up.

Any vehicle [car-bike] is as broken in as it needs to be at 500 miles and you should break it in the at about 80-85% of the way you will be driving it later.

I am an old timer and this is the first "forum" I have taken part in. I knew I could find answers to my questions [thank you to those of you who offered good info]
but did not expect to take such a beating from others. but from what I see on the other "threads" thats par for the course and I am fair game.

This car is a lot of fun and I will most likely up grade the brakes and tires and thats it [good enough for ripping up back roads and deer dodging].

But now I wonder what you guys "do" with your cars once you have added all that expensive go fast stuff and eye candy to them??? Maybe this should be a topic for a different thread

What a great car!!!
you are an idiot.

honestly, i hope you get in a car crash and are unable to ever drive a car or ride a motorcycle again. people like you are the ones who make it dangerous for every other driver out there

and don't say, "oh they should be paying attention"

it's not their job to be paying attention to cars traveling at twice or 3 times the speed limit...

GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-29-2007, 12:58 PM   #15
strung
PIMP'N AINT EASY

tactfull as always wickedgrey.
ST CREW #62

Old 04-29-2007, 01:14 PM   #16
netdrgoon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 26752
What I Drive: 2005 Focus Zx3 se D20 M5 - blazing

FF Reputation: 2 netdrgoon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedgreyzx3 View Post
you are an idiot.

honestly, i hope you get in a car crash and are unable to ever drive a car or ride a motorcycle again. people like you are the ones who make it dangerous for every other driver out there

and don't say, "oh they should be paying attention"

it's not their job to be paying attention to cars traveling at twice or 3 times the speed limit...

GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You need to seriously modify your attitude. That was uncalled for.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #17
strung
PIMP'N AINT EASY

that guys always been ass hole.
ST CREW #62

Old 04-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #18
CCS24
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46049
What I Drive: 2002 Eggyolk Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 CCS24 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
No kidding. We all feel the same way about people that take our safety in their hands without our permission. Just try not to be so mean about it. Name calling is below us, at least I hope so anyways.
Zetec Crew #148

Old 04-29-2007, 01:23 PM   #19
Impaled
Raise the stakes

Fan#: 46117
What I Drive: 2001 ZX3, 1998 ZX2

FF Reputation: 4 Impaled Good Standing Member
Do zx3's have no governor? cause mine doesn't seem to i've had it at about 127~ before i ran out of room to safely try for more, and before anyone flames me i did this on a closed road with no traffic. was revving at about 5800

Old 04-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #20
CCS24
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46049
What I Drive: 2002 Eggyolk Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 CCS24 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I was told 108 in my ZX3, so maybe you have it tuned or a chip or something?
Zetec Crew #148

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->