Had a bad power steering leak read plz - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-22-2007, 01:05 PM   #1
SVTbedson
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 28260
FF Reputation: 1 SVTbedson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Had a bad power steering leak read plz

i had my power steering line spring a prity bad leak. Its the one that comes out the pump and goes over to the other side of the engine the one thats like a mile long lolz. but anyway the leak was sooo bad that my power steering pully snaped off the pump i have never seen that befor but 250$ dollers later i got the new pump and line from ford and i put them on. oh and also i tore thru 2 serp belts because they were slipping off the pully's because of the power steering fluid that got everywhere. Its been a bad couple of days but now everything is going good my 3ed belt had stayed on so far and i have tried to wipe the pullys down as much as possibal.

But the point of this thread is i want to wash my engine. I have no idea if its ok to spray it with a hose i know i would have to cover the intake and the fuse box. But what els and is there a good engine cleaner that i can get from the store???? can anyone help thanks.

Seth

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
can wash it no problem.
any engine cleaner will work, best to find some foaming engine cleaner if the store has it.spray it with cleaner, let it set about 10 min then spray again and wait for a few minutes then wash it off.
and replace the belt once you get the engine clean. once fluids get soaked into a belt they dont come out

Bookmarks & Social Networks