need help on wheel problem! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-17-2007, 05:02 AM   #1
cookie247
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 46171
What I Drive: 2002, RED FOCUS 1.6 zetec auto

FF Reputation: 1 cookie247 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
need help on wheel problem!

Hi All,

Wondered if anyone can help, having problems with the front tyres on my focus first off the tread both side of both tyres are wearing down leaving the middle section fine. Also when looking at the car standing in front of it, you see much more of the drivers side wheel than passengers. I have put a straight edge down from the wheel arch on both sides and drivers side sticks out a mile, more than other side which you can not see standing front end of the car. Its like the passenger side wheel has been hit a push the whole thing over to the other side. It also feels bad to drive, when ever you turn corners ( right and left ) they seems no grip.

I have had then tracking done but nothing, it was fine nothing wrong with it , so can not be that.

Need help!!!

Old 04-17-2007, 07:24 AM   #2
02ZX3inPA
Wrenchin' aussie pos

Fan#: 45346
What I Drive: The Blue Devil

FF Reputation: 40 02ZX3inPA Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
THe edges on both sides are worn? If so, could be low tire pressure. If the driver's side tire sticks out more than the passenger side with the steering wheel centered you probably need an alignment. I think there may have been a thread or 2 on this forum about alignment specs being wrong for some foci.
Try a search on this forum for alignment spec. and see what that gets you.

It is possible, but unlikely, that you may have a broken suspension component, like a strut spring. Is the car making any unusual noises while you are turning?
ZC #154..Focus Nation..
Old 04-17-2007, 08:18 AM   #3
cookie247
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 46171
What I Drive: 2002, RED FOCUS 1.6 zetec auto

FF Reputation: 1 cookie247 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for that,
Yes it makes a sound like a rubbing noise, have changed tyres and same happens, plus tyre and alloy you can see sticking out......

Do you also know how to check the automatic transmission fluid is it in park?
Old 04-18-2007, 10:00 AM   #4
02ZX3inPA
Wrenchin' aussie pos

Fan#: 45346
What I Drive: The Blue Devil

FF Reputation: 40 02ZX3inPA Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
If the tires are rubbing it DEFINITELY needs an alignment! (unless the tires are the wrong size (too wide) Get a second opinion on the alignment, and ask them to inspect the suspension for broken or worn parts. (maybe motor mounts too? since the entire front end looks to be shifted) (a compotent shop should do this anyway) As for the Auto Trans fluid, I haven't a clue, I've got a manual. (sorry)
ZC #154..Focus Nation..

Bookmarks & Social Networks