SVT kit or Eibach pro kit - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Is the SVT kit worth the install over an eibach pro kit?
Eibach Pro Kit 8 72.73%
SVT kit 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2007, 10:43 PM   #1
jranaudo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6062
What I Drive: bigass jeep & 03' zx3

FF Reputation: 1 jranaudo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SVT kit or Eibach pro kit

Is the SVT kit compareable to the eibach kit in terms of performance. I know the ride height difference is about 3/4" but I'd like some opinions on whether the SVT kit will make a significant difference in the handling of my car.

Basically I don't want to go through the process of installing (paying to install) a suspension only to find out it just barley performs better than stock.

Not really concerned with ride in terms of comfort as I know both kits ride well.

Thanks for your opinions!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2007, 12:31 AM   #2
Buickboy
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
When I installed my SVT kit, I was a bit unhappy with the .5" drop and what seemed like marginally better handling. I wished I went for a more aggressive kit, lower, tighter, etc etc.

That being said, I love the suspension now! I added a 25mm rear bar as well, which makes the car a hell of a lotta fun on the commute Id say it's an excellent kit, for the price its a steal. It works so well together and is very predictable. The ride isn't bad at all, but you don't care about that. If you're after a noticible drop, go for the Pro Kit. For all around awesome daily driver fun thats light on the wallet, SVT!

...think I'm a little biased? lol
Old 04-14-2007, 01:14 AM   #3
Shadowrunner
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31568
What I Drive: 1996 Dk. Green Mustang GT Conv. MTX

FF Reputation: 4 Shadowrunner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
the Eibach is a very good kit, well worth the money. and ride handling isn't compromised. and sol long as you don't go crazy with tire sizes, you won't have to worry about rubbing issues.

and if you go Eibach, get them off www.tirerack.com and take it to one of their "preferred installers" or whatever they call them, you'll get a discount for the work
returned fiance's engagement ring, since she returned me, made nice pc funds lol
Old 04-19-2007, 10:42 PM   #4
strung
PIMP'N AINT EASY

Fan#: 44516
What I Drive: 06 RED ST/SAP1

FF Reputation: 34 strung Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
totaly love my pro kit...wouldnt recommend anything else...not to high...not to low.
ST CREW #62
put your motor where your mouth is.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #5
BlackJack03
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43232
What I Drive: 04 EAP ZX5 SVTF

FF Reputation: 31 BlackJack03 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I voted pro-kit because I had that on my other car and it was great. It was a little tighter than the SVT kit is on my car now, but it was that much more fun too...my recommendation too, if you really want to have fun, just get the whole pro system plus. Those sway bars rock.

Bookmarks & Social Networks