Mustang - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 03:26 PM   #41
2REVDUP

Fan#: 2568
What I Drive: 03 RED SVT

FF Reputation: 1 2REVDUP Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
well i was about to put on my blinker to get in to the slow lane but those xtra flashes just pissed me off so no there was no looking over or nodding of the head just knew he was gonna gun it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2004, 03:32 PM   #42
2REVDUP

Fan#: 2568
What I Drive: 03 RED SVT

FF Reputation: 1 2REVDUP Good Standing Member
said i was over 25 and no not really 1 flash would have been enough and it wouldnt have been a big deal and i would have got over so maybe its a man thing

Old 04-19-2004, 03:37 PM   #43
Infra3sv
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 745
What I Drive: '03 hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Infra3sv Good Standing Member
I eat Cobras for breakfast.

Old 04-19-2004, 04:37 PM   #44
BlkZX3

Fan#: 473
What I Drive: El Huevo Negro

FF Reputation: 1 BlkZX3 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by 2REVDUP
ok so im gonna prob get bashed also but yesterday i was on I-10 headed west and this 98 model GT or so was on my ass flashing his lights i was alrdy going to get over and we were alrdy running about 80 in the fast lane so when there was a spot open for him to try to pass me i gunned it of course i had alrdy dropped down to 4th he couldnt pass yes he was pulling on me slowly very slowly but he had to slow down cause of cars in the slow lane and when i looked down we were running about 130 or so. ok who gonna say im lieing 1st?
Your story is more believable for 2 reasons:

1. You have an SVT focus with a catbaack, the guy who started this thread has a stock ZX3.

2. The Mustang GT you raced was a 4.6L putting out only alittle over 200hp. The Mustang GT he raced was newer, meaning, although it is also a 4.6L, it puts out much more horsepower, thus:

98' Stang GT: 0-60: 6.5

99+ Stang GT: 0-60: 5.8

So, in your case, it's the stock SVT's 0-60 time of 7.4 vs a 6.5 from the Mustang.

THUS, saying you stayed with him, even though he was pulling on you, is very likely indeed.

THANK YOU, GOODNIGHT.

Old 04-19-2004, 04:49 PM   #45
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4136
What I Drive: Chris=96 Civic Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 CivicHatch+SVT-F Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by jrzx3
You said you were gonna get over? How? Did you stick your head out the window and yell it at him? I apologize and don't mean to seem snotty, I am just still finding it hard to believe how these situations get started.

IN GENERAL I read it all the time and it sounds sooo lame "I looked over, they looked over.. we both nodded and off we went!" ??!?!?! Like OKAY THERE COWBOY!! haha.

You know where I am comin from!?
thats hard to believe?

that basically how it goes... i see a car up ahead that I wanna toy with... i get closer to him... you rev your engine to get his attention... he looks... you look... obviously he knows what your trying to say... you drop gears and run for a bit.... repeat process at a redlight

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs

Old 04-19-2004, 05:51 PM   #46
Zarelli6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 411
What I Drive: '89 Volvo 744Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Zarelli6 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by BlkZX3
This coming from the guy who posts in the gallery forums like he is some sort of world renowned Focus critic. Pull your head out of your ass, please.

And, if you don't think this story is believable, what the hell are you arguing with me for?

Jesus, some people go out of their way to pick a fight.

Im takin' it to pm.

Old 04-19-2004, 06:11 PM   #47
P0WeRbyDuratec
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2109
What I Drive: 2012 WRX Limited

FF Reputation: 1 P0WeRbyDuratec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by CivicHatch+SVT-F
thats hard to believe?

that basically how it goes... i see a car up ahead that I wanna toy with... i get closer to him... you rev your engine to get his attention... he looks... you look... obviously he knows what your trying to say... you drop gears and run for a bit.... repeat process at a redlight
what he is saying that its like some secret guy talk. Like when girl A says that she has to go to the bathroom, all the other girls know that its really about discussing what Girl A thinks about the guy whos following her around the club. i hope the translation works

Old 04-19-2004, 09:15 PM   #48
skyhawk
Rookie

Fan#: 6262
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 skyhawk Good Standing Member
Ive killed many a kitten

Old 04-19-2004, 09:20 PM   #49
Thomas5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5774
What I Drive: 2000 Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Thomas5 Good Standing Member
You people are so predictable! Everytime someone says they raced a mustang...or whatever... and won almost all of you call BS on it. Next time I race, I'll give ya a friggin video! You guys just need to chill, I did lose, it's (the mustang)automatic, about 3/8ths of a mile, going 108 on a secluded road. Geezus you guys are tempermental. Especially U blackZX3. You need to go workout to blow off some steam and maybe take some more drugs to beef up those muscles. Don't cry about it Itialiano, chinga la Italiano's mucho! Spanish speaking people do not repeat.

Old 04-19-2004, 09:24 PM   #50
skyhawk
Rookie

Fan#: 6262
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 skyhawk Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by skyhawk
Ive killed many a kitten
like 300 of them in refrence to
The World's Youngest PZEV Owner