What next - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-12-2007, 08:40 PM   #1
ViLLesFiNesT
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 44311
What I Drive: 2003 Dark Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ViLLesFiNesT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What next

Well I just bought my '03 Zx3 back in January. Since then I have added some rims and tinted the windows.(try to get some pics up here soon) Iím slowly saving up some money and should be ready to do something shortly. I either want to add an exhaust or put the Svt performance suspension on. Alot of you told me that my car needed to be lowered. To my understanding if I went with the suspension it would lower my car while giving me a suspension upgrade. I think I want to tackle the exhaust first. I need to know what you recommend. I think itís between Borla and MBRP, iv also heard some good things about focus sport. Basically im putting my faith in you guys because I know nothing about cars. Thanks!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2007, 09:08 PM   #2
zx32nr
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43460
What I Drive: 2007 pitch black zx3 ses

FF Reputation: 16 zx32nr Great Standing Member
well i got my magnaflow 2 1/2 from trubendz.com and i love it. its all in what u want for sound
Zetec Crew #175
REP WHEN REP IS DUE
shorty header, magnaflow 2 1/2 catback, 65mm TB, pipercross viper, cfm pully set, sct reflash, steeda STS, screemin deamon coil, livewires, and a damn good driver
Old 04-12-2007, 10:08 PM   #3
BlackJack03
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43232
What I Drive: 04 EAP ZX5 SVTF

FF Reputation: 31 BlackJack03 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
It's true about the sound. Trubendz is cheap and supposed to be good quality. I'm ordering a 2 1/2 resonated Magnaflow from them soon. I like the sound of the Magnaflow Muffler...it's basically all I'll go with, especially after reading about 03OrangeSVT's experience with the 2.25" Borla ID. Before that, Borla seemed like the best...you can find that thread here.

Good luck no matter what you do.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:22 AM   #4
ford525

Fan#: 23415
FF Reputation: 7 ford525 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
magnaflow always makes good exhaust. my friend has steeda cat back on his foci and it sounds pretty good. i owned a project focus with the borla car back and thet was decent too. i got the obx brand on ebay and it had MAJOR fitting problems so dont buy it off ebay brands tsudo or obx.(garbage)
another option is to go to a muffler shop and get quoted on a cat back from them its usually a lot cheaper than buying a brand name exhaust and they'll install it too.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:58 AM   #5
TLFerrill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 38135
What I Drive: 2001 white zx3

FF Reputation: 1 TLFerrill Good Standing Member
MBRP is accually cheaper than a trubendz with the same materials, and performs the same with the same quality as the borla.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:09 AM   #6
bacarl
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31588
What I Drive: 05 InfraRed ST-T

FF Reputation: 5 bacarl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
I haven't installed it yet, but I also chose TruBendz Magnaflow w/ resonator (2.5" stainless). I didn't get MBRP because 2.5" dia is not available, and I didn't get FS because stainless steel is not available.

Came to $390 shipped.

*edit* I bought my exhaust after an intake and SVT suspension upgrade, if that's any help. Cat-backs alone gain you very little power, so IMHO it's slightly ricer-ish to have nothing but an exhaust installed on an otherwise completely stock car. Definitely better than just a crappy muffler though. Personally I'd recommend a suspension upgrade first. My $0.02
Old 04-13-2007, 09:26 AM   #7
TLFerrill
Focus Enthusiast

^the last option for the MBRP is the SVT one, which is the same but in 2.5", a lot of zx3 guys have that one.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:32 AM   #8
bacarl
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31588
What I Drive: 05 InfraRed ST-T

FF Reputation: 5 bacarl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
^^^ ooh, neat. Well i have a sedan, so i suck

Maybe look into that option Villes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #9
TLFerrill
Focus Enthusiast

ya, thats one little perk of the zx3, and accually the sedans have grown on me since i bought my focus, i used to hate them but now i really like them.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:46 PM   #10
akmer
Banned

Fan#: 25083
What I Drive: 2004 Infra Red zx3

FF Reputation: 2 akmer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
MBRP ftw!!!..i have it and trust me this exhaust is amazing..the quality is great..sound is awesome too...and for only 280shipped to my house...

the exhaust is no loger shown on the mbrp website..but contact them via email and they will hook u up...

Bookmarks & Social Networks