Atco Raceway and Broken Axles - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 12:37 AM   #41
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
You have no idea just how many launches my axles have on them....

I've done launches with over 1000 POUNDS of people in the car which gives you more traction than slicks.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2007, 12:40 AM   #42
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
And I'll gaurentee that when Tom comes off the line its harder than you buddy will ever come off the line.

Have you ever launched with a trans break??? Its like getting hit from behind by a fulley loaded semi running 100mph...... completely awsome.
[/b]

Old 12-18-2007, 06:24 AM   #43
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
John your wasting your time and I am mine this guy knows it all , He doesent have a clue the stresses 700HP has on a set of axles

Like I said any one can tear something up if they try twanging a clutch at 5000RPM will tear stuff up and is nothing but abuse, Ok so your friend broke axles what do you want a cookie . Stop abusing the car and have fun with it. Its built to run in the 10/11`s with out making the axles stronger, I know this car and have seen it first hand

99.8% of the people making GOOD power here and not here havent had one issue with axles that says one of two things either he has a bad set with something wrong with both of his axles(doubt it) or they were abused take your pick the odds of broke axles with high HP are against you

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Old 12-18-2007, 11:29 PM   #44
CompEuroZX5
Banned

Fan#: 38727
What I Drive: 2004 Comp Orange SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 0 CompEuroZX5 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03OrangeSVT View Post
You have no idea just how many launches my axles have on them.... I've done launches with over 1000 POUNDS of people in the car which gives you more traction than slicks.
Well I don't see any 1/4 times in your signature nor did you inform me of what 60ft's your pulling. So, I think its safe to assume you have yet to take your Focus to the drag strip. Again, launching you car on the street doesn't prove anything. Especially when you're on regular street radial tires. If you feel that loading your car up with an extra 1000lbs is going to make it hook better on street radials compared to running slicks/drag radials. Then why don't you go down to the drag strip with your buddies in the car and let me know what kind of 60ft's you pull...

Quote:
And I'll gaurentee that when Tom comes off the line its harder than you buddy will ever come off the line.
How can you possibly come to the conclusion that Tom comes off the line harder? Tom's 60ft's are over 2 tenths slower compared to my friends first pass ever in his Focus. Plus Tom has already openly said that he doesn't push his car in the 60ft, "to me 5000RPM and sliding my foot off the clutch to get better 60 foot is far to much abuse" (Tom)

Quote:
Have you ever launched with a trans break??? Its like getting hit from behind by a fulley loaded semi running 100mph...... completely awsome.
Actually I prefer drag racing manual transmission cars and yes I've launched many times in many different cars on slicks with WOT throttle launches. I've consistently been mid to high 1.6 60fts in my old 12sec stock motored (only 225whp) 1993 Notchback. Heres a photo of it yanking the front wheels off the ground...

Old 12-18-2007, 11:48 PM   #45
CompEuroZX5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
John your wasting your time and I am mine this guy knows it all , He doesent have a clue the stresses 700HP has on a set of axles
So, is this 700HP to the wheels or at the flywheel? I never did get answer to that. However much power you're making it doesn't really matter since its not effectively getting to the ground for at least the first 60ft. The initial launch is the most stressful moment during a 1/4 pass. Not at the 330ft mark or the 1/8 mile.

Quote:
99.8% of the people making GOOD power here and not here havent had one issue with axles that says
Making "GOOD power" on the dyno doesn't equal pulling good 60ft times on the track. Can you even name one person who makes the "GOOD power" and has 1/4 mile times to back it up?

Quote:
one of two things either he has a bad set with something wrong with both of his axles(doubt it) or they were abused take your pick the odds of broke axles with high HP are against you
Well I think the odds just rolled over onto my side because I don't think either of those things were what actually happened. The set of axles that broke in the car were fairly low mileage (around 25,000) out of stock Focus. On the second pass it broke the innards of both axles at the same time (as you see in my first video on page 2 of this thread). The next day we actually replaced the axles with a brand new set and headed back to the track. On the first pass with the brand new axles it snapped the drivers side axle clean in half and dropped the CV joint right on the track. So, as you can see I'm not making assumptions about the strength of stock Focus axles, but merely presenting real world experiences on this topic with videos to back it all up.

If you care to prove how strong the axles are then take your 700HP car back to the track on a real tire and show the Focus community what the axles are capable of. Otherwise I've seen a set hold up for one 1.801 60ft and then break on the next pass and then seen another brand set break on the first pass.

Brand new set of stock axles breaking on their first launch.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:16 AM   #46
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I'm just laughing through all of this...its pretty amusing to see someone whose experience is second-hand tell Tom of all people that he's wrong when he probably has more experience than anyone else on here with high-power Foci.

I suppose you're right and everyone else is wrong...that's why you almost never hear of broken axles on this forum. Oh, and why if you look for aftermarket axles for the Focus most retailers either do not carry them or have something along the lines of "when you start breaking them we'll start making them" listed for the Focus.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:40 AM   #47
CompEuroZX5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaAddict View Post
I'm just laughing through all of this...its pretty amusing to see someone whose experience is second-hand tell Tom of all people that he's wrong when he probably has more experience than anyone else on here with high-power Foci.
How much more first hand can my experience be? I've been through the entire build of the car, worked on the car, and driven the car. Does the title of the car have to be in my name for you to believe the videos? As Tom mentioned above, hes seen the car first hand... and I have NOTHING against Tom. I just don't agree with his statement on the first page of this thread, "add the slicks and have fun." Because we took that advice and ended up not having much fun with arranging to have the car towed home twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaAddict View Post
I suppose you're right and everyone else is wrong...that's why you almost never hear of broken axles on this forum. Oh, and why if you look for aftermarket axles for the Focus most retailers either do not carry them or have something along the lines of "when you start breaking them we'll start making them" listed for the Focus.
Again, I've said this before and others have agreed with me as well. How many people actually drag race their Focus on a sticky tire and pull 60ft's better than 1.80? Please give me a number or better yet... are you someone who actually drag races their Focus on a real tire?

Old 12-19-2007, 02:00 AM   #48
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
OK then, you're completely, absolutely 100% right. The Focus' axles are complete junk, they break so often they might as well be made from balsa wood.

Happy?

Old 12-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #49
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Yep your right your guy is the first ever to run his car sooooo fast through the 1/4

He runs sooooooo fast that he breaks axles every time. How fast was he running in the 1/4 again ?

Give me a break there have been guys like tobyboom , econorocket , Myself and many many others doing this before he started on his project back in 2001 and 2002 drag racing with good 60foot times

C-F-M is making 1.8 60 times now and have been for some time and there not killing axles

If he has broken 2 sets now something is wrong and needs to be corrected or its abuse one or the other

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Old 12-19-2007, 11:27 PM   #50
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

If you are breaking axles like that then something else is wrong, the tranny can be misaligned, the bracket that holds the axle in place can be loose, something can be bent.

All you have to do is start binding an axle to get it to break.

FWIW Tom put down a little over 700whp at the tires on a dynojet. We dont count flywheel power on here.
[/b]

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks