HOs with HOndas - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-21-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
The Grim Racer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35381
What I Drive: 06 Liquid Grey Zx4

FF Reputation: 1 The Grim Racer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
HOs with HOndas

So last night I went to the local Circle K, and the teller ask me if I raced. I jus kinda smiled and said nah not really (FAT LIE). So as I walk out he does too smoking a . I look over at a white civic with some clean white/chrome rims. So I asked him if that was his ride, and he said yeah, and its fast as hell! I have yet to lose to a civic including the 06 w/ EX&IN. So I ask him what kind of engine do you have under there? K-series. "K-20 or K-24, he hesitates at my knowledge, and says k-20 I asked him from what car did you swap it from? He says a newer Prelude. "bull shit" I know no k20 comes stock in the ludes. So I say we need to race one day. Ultimately will his, if he has, k20 w/ exhaust and rims get my d20? My car and i are quick.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2007, 04:36 PM   #2
SVT Robzor
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26230
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 5 SVT Robzor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Ah yes, the elusive K-series Preludes... the Prelude block, at least in the last revision, was the H22, and its a strong engine if heavy. Exactly how fast it would make the car I'm not sure; BUT, if it's either an H22 or a K20, you're most likely screwed by a long shot. Unless he did a K20A3 swap, which I can't see anybody doing...
Old 03-21-2007, 05:41 PM   #3
The Grim Racer
Focus Enthusiast

Wait, I did research and found no preludes with the k20. And the h22 does not have i-vtec its just a vtec. What year lude comes w/ a k20, because even the sh prelude does not have this engine. And that is pretty much the top of the prelude food chain. This is fact.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:19 PM   #4
svtguy88
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13476
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT

FF Reputation: 17 svtguy88 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
As far as I know, the K-series are the engines from the RSX type S....and the Civic is lighter, so it's going to be pretty quick. I don't know the exact specs, but I've heard of some other k-series swaps and they are not slow.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:42 PM   #5
Fl3tCh
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31476
What I Drive: 07 ralley red Si

FF Reputation: 29 Fl3tCh Great Standing Member
if he has either the h22 or the k20 your screwed..
Old 03-21-2007, 06:42 PM   #6
06focuskid
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 42764
What I Drive: SILVER 06 zx3 ses 5spd FORD GFX PKG

FF Reputation: 41 06focuskid Great Standing Member
ya man these ppl and their fuqin honda's. A guy at my work has a late 90's model maybe a 95 or so. He sad he would straight up kick my ass he fest up his civic had a v-tec motor, I think it would be close atleast. the only mods he has that i know of is exhaust and he has a bad clutch from wat he says. If this is true do ya'll think my d20 5spd ses with magnaflow 2.25 exhaust from the back up to the factory cat.......... -the lunch box could run him?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:46 PM   #7
focusin
FF Cleaning Squad

Fan#: 4322
What I Drive: All Focus' sold

FF Reputation: 63 focusin Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
I got my ass spanked by a H22 swaped civic hatch in my mild modded d20, I hope you did not make too big an ass of yourself b/c if he is telling the truth your about to eat your words.
GumpCrew #1 (dismantled)
Old 03-21-2007, 06:55 PM   #8
SpeedOften
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2139
What I Drive: E90 335i, 2002 E53 X5 4.4i

FF Reputation: 28 SpeedOften Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
If the guy said he got a k series motor out of a prelude.. he's g retarded. K's are only in RSX's and in the new Si.

The k20 and h22 are both very potent motors and you'll be lucky to stay within a length if he does actually have one..
Old 03-21-2007, 06:58 PM   #9
The Grim Racer
Focus Enthusiast

No, I know from personal experience (freind w/ h22 accord) that the h22 engine is beasial. Now I have spanked vtec's left and right from civic 02 si to cls. I am not worried about that. But a k20 w/ i-vtec would be an issue one I don't think the focus and i could handle. The k20 from the rsx and newest s.i's are fast with around 200 hp, and a smooth torque curve around 155 or so. The focus strength against imports is its torque. The k20 will take that advantage and throw his hp in the mix. Which will spell doom. Now the ultimate question is was he trying to bullshit me or what. EX: the k20 out of a prelude.(no such thing)
Old 03-21-2007, 07:37 PM   #10
svtguy88
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13476
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT

FF Reputation: 17 svtguy88 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
^^^There's a good possibility of it, as if he really did swap a K20 in, he would probably know enought to know what kind of a car it came out of.

Nevertheless, an H22 or K20 would probably spank a mostly stock Focus.

Bookmarks & Social Networks