Nitrous Questions..read here first. - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-07-2005, 08:23 AM   #81
sinclair
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 15398
What I Drive: 2006 f150

FF Reputation: 1 sinclair Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
is there a direct port kit at all ?????????
what would i need to make sure that my engine dosent get messed up??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2005, 07:20 PM   #82
svtfocusmansvt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 6548
What I Drive: 04' Pitch Black SVTF ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 svtfocusmansvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I've been thinking about it and do not see how dry can hurt your engine, it seems as if wet would be more harmful? Dry - gets sucked through the intake .... so in theory the engine will only take what it can handle before closing the valve. While the wet system would be mixed with the fuel causing more to go wrong say yo got more nitrous than fuel (while on the dry side you still get the proper fuel?? Wouldn't the A/F ratio be lower with a wet system as to a dry system?
Old 03-09-2005, 12:22 AM   #83
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
The kits will come with all the jetting for usually 3 different hits. The NX kits come with 35HP, 50HP, and 75HP jets already in the kit. Most kits are VERY complete right out of the box. The fuel rail adaptor is just a little gadget that saves you a step.. Several of our sponsors carry them in stock.
Yes, there are direct port kits available for the focus, they are considerably more time consuming to install as well as more expensive. NX or NOS have them ready to go. There is no real advantage going with one for the smaller hits of nitrous. However, with a motor built for nitrous they offer more precise control of delivery of both fuel and nitrous to each individual cylinder in the motor.

Simply put, dry systems rely on tricking your stock fueling system into suppling enough fuel for the nitrous being applied. This works fine for smaller hits of nitrous, as the stock fuel system has its limits....Whereas the wet system supplies its own seperate fuel source to combine with the nitrous... Any detailed questions on this, feel free to PM me.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:56 PM   #84
DevGohan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18394
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 DevGohan Good Standing Member
I just recently got a CompuCar nitrous wet kit for my car 50 and 75 shot. Anyone ever heard of them? I see all this talk about zex, nx and Nos.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:37 PM   #85
viney266
Focus Fanatic

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
Sure I've heard of them.. I have just never installed one of their kits.. Let us know how the install goes.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:57 AM   #86
davxd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21154
What I Drive: 2005, Silver, ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 davxd Good Standing Member
Very informative. At what point of adding aftermarket mods to your car do you think would be a good time to add Nitrous?
Old 05-04-2005, 09:58 AM   #87
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Anytime !!! That is the nice part about nitrous. As long as you do not exceed what your car can handle it can be added to a stock car or a highly modded car !!..

I had nothing done to my car except an intake and a 50 shot of nitrous and was beating medium modded cars and svt's on a regular basis at the drag strip...
Old 07-12-2005, 11:25 PM   #88
grimy0185
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 22644
What I Drive: 01 blue and silver zx3

FF Reputation: 1 grimy0185 Good Standing Member
I just got my Zex wet kit in and now i'm going to order all my goodies for it. A quick question about the bottle heater.......is the temp on the heater adjustable so that if the pressure does fluctuate to high, i could just turn down the temp to bring down the pressure. If not, could i just hook up a multiple postion toggle switch that varies the amount of voltage going to the heater in order to control the temperature that way
Old 07-17-2005, 09:51 PM   #89
viney266
Focus Fanatic

The bottle heater works off of bottle pressure , not heat, when the pressure is right, it turns itself down or off as needed.. Pretty nice set-up, thats part of what makes it soo pricey!
Old 08-03-2005, 09:56 AM   #90
Nitrozx3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 25227
What I Drive: Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Nitrozx3 Good Standing Member
What can happen if you dont change out the spark plugs on an 80 shot? What would be the symptoms if they did go bad?
My car: ZX3 Diablosport 3stage computer module, intake, 65mm throttle body, ford racing cams/gears, rebuilt motor, 80 shot of nitrous, auto bottle opener, dual purge. Dual type R 12in subs dual type R 6x9's 1800 watt rockford fosgate amp, 1.5 cap

Bookmarks & Social Networks