Nitrous Questions..read here first. - Page 24 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-31-2008, 10:48 AM   #231
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
^^^ If Tom, recomends the thermostat, I would go with it. He knows more about the SVT than anyone on here.

I"ve always had good luck epoxing the nozzles into metal intakes. I never like to trust the bolt -on nozzles, as I always picture that nut coming loose and falling into an intake, but I have used those as well. I just make sure that nut isn't going anywhere.

You could use a piece of metal tubeing, insert it into the intake, and pull the intake pieces back over the metal. The plastic the volant is made of is pretty rigid. You may be able to mount something in that as well. The problem is finding something to adhere well to the volant. I"ll take a look at a Volant, next time I see one up close, and tell you if I have any ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2008, 03:36 PM   #232
HaveBlue83

Fan#: 1358
What I Drive: a car

FF Reputation: 70 HaveBlue83 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
yeah...ok...

if all else fails, I will just get a piece like the HIA short ram intake and use that.......
Old 04-01-2008, 09:38 PM   #233
Zetecrazy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41292
What I Drive: 2002 Yellow ZX3 MTX

FF Reputation: 5 Zetecrazy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I currently have a NOS Sniper kit on my Zetec. I have the 50 shot jets in and I am on my 7th bottle with no problems and I want to go up to a 75 HP shot. I just ordered an Xcal2 from Focus Sport, but one of the employees who does the tuning told me he wouldn't sell me a Nitrous program for a 75 shot because I might have problems maintaining fuel pressure with a 75 shot. He told me to get around him not being able to make one (which I thought to be odd being that lots of people have 75 shot tunes) he would program a stock tune on the Xcal. With this stock tune I would be able to change timing, and other options myself. I ordered the Xcal yesterday and I am receiving it tomorrow. To be safe, I just ordered a NOS fuel pressure safety switch which I am going to install before I run the 75 shot jets obviously. Any suggestions on other things I might want to change or need to run the 75 shot safely besides retarding timing, 93 octane, AZFS22C plugs and a safety switch? I currently have my fuel line running to my test port on my fuel rail. Will this be ok you think? I read that some people have problems and need to re-route fuel supply line. Any info or opinions would be appreciated
SRI, 2 1/2" custom catback-FC race header, Xcal2, NOS 75 shot, heater and fuel pressure switch, Zex purge, AZFS22C plugs, Bomz Racing seats, CF hood, Roush kit, pillar gauges, whiteface gauges, CF mirrors, halo headlights, Bomz coilovers.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:46 AM   #234
viney266
Focus Fanatic

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
I would also go one or two sizes larger on the fuel pill to richen the mixture more than the book calls for... If you are going to use it ALOT, an EGT gauge wouldn't be a bad idea. That gauge could save a motor... I used a 75 shot and was tripping the fuel pressure switch on my car after a few seconds. Make sure you have a fresh fuel filter in the car as well. We have seen problems there as well.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #235
Zetecrazy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41292
What I Drive: 2002 Yellow ZX3 MTX

FF Reputation: 5 Zetecrazy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Thanks for the help Vinney. I put a fresh fuel filter on with the Nitrous install a couple of months ago, so I should be ok on that end. What do you think about the xcal deal? You think this will be ok with a stock tune as long as I retard timing 4 degrees or so? Also what do you think I should set the fuel pressure safety switch to? It says that it is adjustable from 30-70 psi. I guess i'll try out fuel supply from test port where I have it to now. Any idea where the Saleen Focus pulls fuel from?
SRI, 2 1/2" custom catback-FC race header, Xcal2, NOS 75 shot, heater and fuel pressure switch, Zex purge, AZFS22C plugs, Bomz Racing seats, CF hood, Roush kit, pillar gauges, whiteface gauges, CF mirrors, halo headlights, Bomz coilovers.

Last edited by Zetecrazy; 04-02-2008 at 11:04 AM. Reason: add thought
Old 04-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #236
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Fan#: 45801
What I Drive: SC 5.0 FOFO BUILD IN PROGRESS

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing MemberSquillyB Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I ran the 75 shot 4 times at two diffrent tracks in the last two weeks with no problems.
I have the spray starting at 2700 and stopping at 7300 on the controller. Drag radials, and I ran 14.7 all night. Stock tune, platinum +4 plugs two steps colder, and race intake set up now.
I am also looking for a tune from FS. Can I just take them my car and have the tune done there?
Old 04-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #237
killer ZETEC
GL1TCH

Fan#: 44757
What I Drive: advance trac french blue 03 zx3

FF Reputation: 42 killer ZETEC Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
ok so are you running a singe botte wit ha single nozzle or a dual nozzle setup?
i want nitrous on my car but i get confused looking at all the kits. so which one did you start with squilly.
will it run soon?? who knows.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:46 AM   #238
Rabbitccc
Focus Addict

Fan#: 44508
What I Drive: 01 Blue SE / 09 Black Coupe SE

FF Reputation: 28 Rabbitccc Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (32)
Can you run any brand bottle on any setup. I just got a great deal on an NX setup it just didn't include the bottle. So should I be looking for just NX bottles or any brand. Also what size do you guys reccomend. I remember seeing somewhere in this thread that someone was getting about 7 1/2 quarter mile runs of a 75 shot with a 10lb. So that'd give me around 10ish with a 50 shot, so I was thinking 10lb. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #239
viney266
Focus Fanatic

^^^^ Yes, any bottle will work. Its just a container, you may have to change the fitting on the end (8-10 bucks) , but that is all. Most bottles use the same size fittings.

I would get about 14 passes at a 50 shot on 10 lbs. You want as big a bottle as will fit. 10 lbs. is good, it holds alot and can still fit. I do alot of nitrous installs on motorcycles, and the 10 oz. bottles are a pain, but sometimes, that is all that you can hide. Though some seats will hide the 2 lb. bottles with some work.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #240
Rabbitccc
Focus Addict

Fan#: 44508
What I Drive: 01 Blue SE / 09 Black Coupe SE

FF Reputation: 28 Rabbitccc Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (32)
Thanks for the info. Now I can buy my bottle.

Bookmarks & Social Networks