Nitrous Questions..read here first. - Page 20 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-18-2007, 02:39 AM   #191
AlbuquerqueSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48800
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver Focus SVT 3-Door

FF Reputation: 1 AlbuquerqueSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
A thought about Zex.

So.. Here I am..innocently parousing the web for direct-port nitrous systems.. Heh.

And I see that Zex makes a direct port 4-cyl kit that can be safely jetted down to 50 HP. This made me think of my lovely silver SVT focus.

The price of admission is about 100 higher than the wet nitrous kit, but so I thought to myself.. "Self...wouldn't a direct port kit neatly avoid the problems of running nitrous through the MAF, all of the problems associated with dry nitrous, etc.. make this pretty safe and kinda fun?"

But then i also thought about the DiabloSport Predator I've been longing for...

Tell me.. can I use both? Do you know if either the SCT or DiabloSport piggybacks can be accomodated to nitrous use, what has to be done, etc.. and also.. (other than the cost and mildly complex installation) what the pitfalls and or advantages of a direct port kit on my SVT might be?

Thanks so much.

- Rob
SVT #1213 of 1978, 1 of 244 CD Silver/Blue 3-Door.
Built Monday, February 2nd, 2004
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2007, 11:01 PM   #192
aljenkins88
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40554
What I Drive: 2004 French Blue Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 aljenkins88 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Is it possible to run nitrous on a High compression forged motor? What would be safe as far as 11.5:1 compression ratio?
Old 08-06-2007, 01:33 AM   #193
viney266

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Sure! Nitrous LOVES compression. It is what makes it work. As long as you feed it enough fuel for the HP shot you are using, and keep it from knocking. If you are using it for racing, I would run race fuel at the track and tune the car for it... Either way, I would get a specific tune for the nitrous.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:23 AM   #194
strung
PIMP'N AINT EASY

Fan#: 44516
What I Drive: 06 RED ST/SAP1

FF Reputation: 34 strung Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
nice.....im just starting to show an interest in nitrous....this write up is shit hot!.....so if i do this(after my header)..what is the "mid grade/performance" way to go....it would seem that 50 shot(wet) is it....i dont want to do anything real rash(hard on the engine) or somthing i will barely notice....just right in the middle.....so whats recommended?...mabe a bit less that 50?
ST CREW #62
put your motor where your mouth is.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:57 AM   #195
svt2nv04
SVT Fanatic

Fan#: 16592
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT; 1572 of 1978

FF Reputation: 31 svt2nv04 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
i used a 50 shot for not even a week. i went to 75 to test the J&S to make sure it would pull timing when i hit the juice. i haven't gone back to a 50 lol
Old 08-10-2007, 09:11 AM   #196
viney266

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Strung. 50 wet is the answer to your question. 75 can be done, but it has to be well set-up. Svt2nv04 has done a nice job putting his together. Always start with a 50 or smaller to make sure everything works right. The J&S safeguard he installed pulls timing when it hears detonation, which is what kills most nitrous set-ups. Det=Bad times
Old 08-10-2007, 09:50 AM   #197
svt2nv04
SVT Fanatic

Fan#: 16592
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT; 1572 of 1978

FF Reputation: 31 svt2nv04 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
thanks for the compliment bill!

also, i have the J&S hooked up to the nitrous arming switch so that when i arm the nitrous, it automatically pulls 2 OR 4 degrees of timing (i currently have it on 4). then, it pulls even more only as needed. it's cool as shit, i love it!!

i still need to post pics up. i just got my nitrous pressure gauge back from autometer as they had to repair it because it was stuck on 1600 psi. so when i get that done, i'll post the install pics

also, i know i didn't REALLY answer your question but 50 is a good little kick. a 75 shot feels amazing especially when you're above 900psi.

another thing to think about. you're not going to be using it ALL THE TIME and you really even shouldn't be using it all the time. if you're really worried about putting stress on the motor, then maybe start with a 35 and go no higher than a 50. you might wanna eventually go up to a 75. that's the cool thing with nitrous is that all that is controllable. you can use it only when you want to and you can set up how much you wanna use and how much more power you want.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:31 PM   #198
strung
PIMP'N AINT EASY

very cool....im not interested in a turbo or even a supercharger(if they ever make one for the duratec)....and the thought of going with internals for a good n/a setup is out for me too now.....so i had to break down and at least look at nitrous.....im glad i did.....nitrous isnt as bad as i though it was....at all....after my f2 header next month ill be investigating this further....thanks guys.

also....mabe i can finally put some use to my msd coil-on-plugs now.....lol
ST CREW #62
Old 08-10-2007, 05:01 PM   #199
aljenkins88
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40554
What I Drive: 2004 French Blue Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 aljenkins88 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I have another question. A new clutch is in the works for me soon. Would you recommend the exedy stage 2 over the stage 1 if I was planning a High compression engine and nitrous?
Old 08-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #200
strung
PIMP'N AINT EASY

well i do know that most of the members that have installed a turbo or supercharger have installed a heavier duty clutch and lighter flywheel(so the rpm's drop quicker)....i would think that the stage 1 would work great..(there are some members who are running their stock clutches with boost too....although i wouldnt recommend it)....mabe if you had a lsd i could see the stage 2 coming in handy.....with all that hp and added traction from the lsd, stage 2 would be ideal.....but id only listen to somone who has already done the mod or has more "know how" than me...lol.
ST CREW #62

Bookmarks & Social Networks