Nitrous Questions..read here first. - Page 18 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-22-2007, 08:01 PM   #171
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Please keep the race results in the race section. This is an info thread about installs. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2007, 09:58 PM   #172
HaveBlue83

Fan#: 1358
What I Drive: a car

FF Reputation: 70 HaveBlue83 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
lol.......OTAY!!! time to get this going again....

now, I already talked with you Viney about the Zex kit. It is Tax return time, and I should have enough money to get all the stuff I need.......although I have been known to get all worked up about something and then get it.....

Basically, I need something for straights, as now with Tom's tune I have enough powa for those pesky corners

I would start with a 55, and work to a 75 shot. my current questions are:

1. what is the average TQ/HP of an SVTF with the 55 and 75 shots....as in anyone have that info available?

2. I am guessing mid 14's at the track? that would be good enough for me.

3. if I go from a 55 and move up to 65 and then 75, will I need to change the fuel source from the fuel rail location? I read that at 75, I would need to change the attachment point, or is that ABOVE a 75 shot?.

4. I don't plan on going nuts with the stuff, just on weekends once a month or so, as a honduh/wrx/srt-4 dude that is messing with me and talking shit-deterrent device

5. I have FREE tuning for 3 months after I got Tom's Predator tune, so I would prolly get that as well. I hear he has a nitrous tune as well...

6. I have access to a good work area with qualified people to help me with the install. So I think that I would be able to get it in okay......

7. I want to mount this in the spare tire area......so as to be totally hidden from view, is the ZEX bottle small enough to fit under there? I have no back seats, and would want this to be a VERY clean install w/o any visible indications.......for the law and racers alike

really great Thread Viney, good info all around.....
Old 01-31-2007, 10:05 PM   #173
blanezx3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 764
What I Drive: 03 twi-blue zx3

FF Reputation: 5 blanezx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
1: approximately 180whp-200whp
2: maybe better
3: you don't HAVE to, but it might help.
7: i haven't tried it.. if i were to do it i'd get to work on fiberglassing it in a stealth enclosure, with hinges for easy removal...

You're gonna love it

FR stg 2 cams, UR cam gears, FC 65mm TB, ported 2k manifold, 50lb injectors, FC race header, Bosal flex, Borla catback, Zex, Procharger, Xcal2
Old 01-31-2007, 10:12 PM   #174
HaveBlue83

thanks for the answers, and fast too

yeah, if I can make a GT stang mad that the lil red focus won't go away, I will be happy

I wanted a PC, but for now, this is CHEAP compared to all the extra I need for the complete setup. My dad had a 125 shot on his stang......I know how it works alright

I pretty much HAVE to have it in the spare area for the stealth look.......maybe raise the back cover area up a few inches or something, like a false floor......anyone have specs on how high the bottle sits with the bracket?
Old 01-31-2007, 11:57 PM   #175
viney266
Focus Fanatic

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
22 inches long. 8 inches wide, and 10.5 inches tall. I just went out and measured for you. The heater really takes up no room ( it wraps around the bottle ), but the remote bottle opener does made it a bit taller ( its kinda big ). The bottle needs to sit at an angle for the tube to pull all the nitrous out of it.

Also, The svt's seem to be a bit higher strung than the regular zetec ( no kidding ), I would not spray an svt at all without a specific nitrous tune for it. Tom is the man in that dept.

And yes, I love the way mine is hidden from view, totally stealth. With the remote heater and the remote bottle opener ( yes they are pricey, but worth it ) I don't have to leave the drivers seat to turn anything on.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:03 PM   #176
HaveBlue83

yeah, I wanted to know about getting a tune for a certain shot without being on a dyno.....is he capable of doing that?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:33 AM   #177
arrestmespi
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 27586
What I Drive: '04 Mazdaspeed Mx-5, '72 M35A2

FF Reputation: 27 arrestmespi Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
yeah but to do use it you have to spend 15 minutes and reflash your ecu
you need to drop between -2 and -6 degrees of timing at least
Old 02-09-2007, 11:12 AM   #178
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
yeah, I wanted to know about getting a tune for a certain shot without being on a dyno.....is he capable of doing that?
I am sure he can, but it will have to be more conservative, but it will still make great power and most importantly, be safe.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:48 AM   #179
eazyrider_tim
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7011
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES Gloss Black

FF Reputation: 2 eazyrider_tim Good Standing Member
Ok, I went up to a 2.5" exhaust. I have the plugs viney recommended. Now, I want to run a 75 shot safely.

I need to contact Tom anyway to get my gov. removed and some other things to the stock tune.

What else do I need wise brothers in the nitrous thread? Yes, I have searched, but would like a fresh answer seeing as more people are actually running spray on these engines vs. other apps.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:46 PM   #180
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Make sure you have a fuel pressure safety switch. That is very important. If the fuel pressure drops ( making it lean ), the switch will shut the nitrous down.

Bookmarks & Social Networks