"The Official/Unofficial SVT Header Conversion Guide" - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-28-2010, 04:34 AM   #81
melbzetec
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10307
What I Drive: 2003 Machine Silver Zetec

FF Reputation: 2 melbzetec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Is the install of the SVT PS line a simple straight swap?

I seem to remember (searched for an hour and can't find the thread) that there is some sort of tight squeeze for the SVT PS line past the MTX75 gearbox (different shape to the Getrag)

Looks like my PS line may have gone today....and want to know if I should replace it with the SVT one

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #82
svtguy88
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13476
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT

FF Reputation: 17 svtguy88 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Hmm....I'm not sure about clearance issues with the MTX-75. I never did the SVT line on my ZX3 (plus I had an ATX), as the stocker never burst on me.

Someone should have a definite answer for you...the SVT header swap is pretty common...
Old 07-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #83
Jorden
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73760
What I Drive: 2003, Black, ZX5 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Jorden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I just did the SVT header swap today, i didn't get any check engine lights at all when i started it up lol
Old 07-03-2010, 02:51 PM   #84
arlenn
Focus Addict

Fan#: 67609
What I Drive: 2002 Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 16 arlenn Great Standing Member
you wont at startup... take it for a drive
Old 07-04-2010, 09:21 AM   #85
svtguy88
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13476
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT

FF Reputation: 17 svtguy88 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
You may not get any CELs for a few stop/start cycles. It's coming though...
Old 07-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #86
_spyder
Focusless

Fan#: 56088
What I Drive: Turbo 1996 Montego Blue Miata

FF Reputation: 16 _spyder Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Lol I don't have a CEL from mine either? I swapped it like a year ago, and I deleted the EGR while I was at it.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #87
arlenn
Focus Addict

does anybody do a SVT header kit? the parts to take a SVT header to tail pipe mounting flange? cat/flex/etc.

I am looking at the prices and the prices of the cat and flex if bought from placed like random and truebendz will be almost as much as the header or cat-back system. this is a common enough upgrade that it would almost seem as somebody would be doing this?

I can get the zetec header kit from dealer for 391$ CDN
The cat back is approximately 400$ before shipping
now with addition of a cat and flex, i am looking almost 400$ before shipping, there must be a more economical way of doing this with out it being cludgy, or not?

does anybody make an economical, commercial ORP that i could hack a section out and install a universal CAT in, or have dimensions for an ORP that i could have made?

I know this all might seem a little silly, but when shipping into Canada the rules change significantly. If a vendor will only ship UPS (USPS is a little better), that that is pretty much a deal breaker (30-60% import duties).

does somebody have a photo of exactly what the PS line interference is?
Old 07-09-2010, 12:01 AM   #88
Jorden
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73760
What I Drive: 2003, Black, ZX5 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Jorden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlenn View Post
does anybody do a SVT header kit? the parts to take a SVT header to tail pipe mounting flange? cat/flex/etc.

I am looking at the prices and the prices of the cat and flex if bought from placed like random and truebendz will be almost as much as the header or cat-back system. this is a common enough upgrade that it would almost seem as somebody would be doing this?

I can get the zetec header kit from dealer for 391$ CDN
The cat back is approximately 400$ before shipping
now with addition of a cat and flex, i am looking almost 400$ before shipping, there must be a more economical way of doing this with out it being cludgy, or not?

does anybody make an economical, commercial ORP that i could hack a section out and install a universal CAT in, or have dimensions for an ORP that i could have made?

I know this all might seem a little silly, but when shipping into Canada the rules change significantly. If a vendor will only ship UPS (USPS is a little better), that that is pretty much a deal breaker (30-60% import duties).

does somebody have a photo of exactly what the PS line interference is?

Umm if it helps any i spend quite a bit of money living in Canada to do it... Duty is killer!

420 (includes shipping) for the ford racing lube header kit coated + 115 for duty

Then there was the the flex pipe 2.5 inch from c-f-m with 2 gaskets which came out to 220 (includes shipping)+ 30 for duty

Then i lucked out and bought the SVT cat from a Arezell64 so no duty there just shipping. 150 all said and done.

lastly the borla cat back from trubendz 2.5inch. Shipped to canada with duty came out to 570... i can go into details if it helps just let me know.

Crunch the numbers and its about 1505... minus well go turbo! LOL

hope this helps

ps.... buying used its a much better idea XD i learned my lesson!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:28 AM   #89
arlenn
Focus Addict

from a Canadian dealer here in Vancouver the header is available for 391.00$ uncoated with heat shield and dipstick/tube.

and all the other prices look about right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorden View Post
Umm if it helps any i spend quite a bit of money living in Canada to do it... Duty is killer!

420 (includes shipping) for the ford racing lube header kit coated + 115 for duty

Then there was the the flex pipe 2.5 inch from c-f-m with 2 gaskets which came out to 220 (includes shipping)+ 30 for duty

Then i lucked out and bought the SVT cat from a Arezell64 so no duty there just shipping. 150 all said and done.

lastly the borla cat back from trubendz 2.5inch. Shipped to canada with duty came out to 570... i can go into details if it helps just let me know.

Crunch the numbers and its about 1505... minus well go turbo! LOL

hope this helps

ps.... buying used its a much better idea XD i learned my lesson!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #90
thenorm
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 14947
What I Drive: '04 liquid grey ZX3, built for FSP

FF Reputation: 33 thenorm Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
well, car parts made in the US are exempt from DUTY as per the north american free trade agreement. now i suspect that the cost that are being mentioned are either just the simple sales taxes, or brokerage. Brokerage is a deal breaker in my books. forunalty vancouve is right next to the US border. So, get you package shipped to Blaine or Pt. Roberts washington and bring it accross yourself(use a parcel recieving depot. i use TSB shipping in Pt roberts) you save on shipping and you wont pay brokerage. since you would declare what you are importing you will have to pay the taxes, but thats not a big deal.

a new cat back is not necessary. the SVT header/cat/flex combo bolts right up (some bolt holes may need to be slotted) or if you want to use your old flex, you can get an ORP for the SVT header to zetec flex.

the interference of the powersteering line is that the line passes within 1 inch of one of the header tubes which will overheat it.. so you will need to use header wrap, or bend the line, or replace with svt PS line.

Bookmarks & Social Networks