"The Official/Unofficial SVT Header Conversion Guide" - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #61
lildisco
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Fan#: 5761
What I Drive: 06 Mazda6i, 08 Mazda CX7 GT AWD

FF Reputation: 47 lildisco Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
lildisco,

That's awesome that you've done this to your car, especially with the Magnaflow! I must admit, as much as I love Magnaflow, I'm not completely thrilled with the sound of the cat-back. It's ok, but I was still hoping for something a little less farty.

So are you happy with the sound now? Is it similar at all to the real SVT sound? Which exhaust would you recommend? Any other advice would be great!

Thanks

Spanky
When i first did the SVT Header and Hi-Flow Cat, it sounded like a can of pissed of Bees from miles away. I hated everytime i would got Wide Open Throttle because the bees would come out (sounded like complete crap!) I installed a resonator and the bees are now tamed. The car sounds like it did before i but the SVT Header on it.

But If you want your car to sound like a stock SVT, then you need to get all their stock exhaust parts, from the header to cat-back exhaust. Besides the stock SVT Exhaust, I'd suggest getting a resonated exhaust. Once you add a header to our cars, they sound like complete crap (opinions are subjective). If I could turn back time, i would have got a resonated Borla. I got my Magnaflow Exhaust for $267 shipped! 4 years ago. But with my resonated installed after my Header, it cost about the same if not MORE than if i would have done it right the first time. (I can't remember what the resonated cat-backs went for 4 years ago)

03 SE SVT Wannabe (sold) to help pay for my 08 Cooper Red Mazda CX7 AWD GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2008, 04:54 PM   #62
dimorf26
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 53871
What I Drive: 2001 Jackpot Gold Metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 dimorf26 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Are there any mounts on the ZX3 that support the SVT cat in it's new position, or does it just hang there?
Old 06-12-2008, 09:28 PM   #63
lildisco
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Unless you get the SVT cat and flex, the R/T Hi-flow cat or ORP for the non-SVT Zetec just hangs there and is supported by the header and flex pipe.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #64
dimorf26
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 53871
What I Drive: 2001 Jackpot Gold Metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 dimorf26 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I got the Magnaflow Hi-flow cat and SVT flex
Old 06-16-2008, 12:39 PM   #65
lildisco
RespectMyAuthoritah!

The stock SVT Cat has it's own mounting brackets but the ones for the non-SVT Zetec don't have anything that supports the cat. But usually those are ORP or Hi-Flow cats. I don't know if yours is any different or not

Old 06-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #66
faster_than_u
anti svt

Fan#: 41017
What I Drive: focus

FF Reputation: 12 faster_than_u Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
some questoins. i installed the header today(its wraped) but its resting on my power steering line and its really hot!. i heard that you can bend it but cant find pix. as well does someone have the part ## for the svt ps line?.
ZC#200
Old 06-22-2008, 08:17 PM   #67
faster_than_u
anti svt

Fan#: 41017
What I Drive: focus

FF Reputation: 12 faster_than_u Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
also does anyone's dipstick read wrong? mine says it is on add but it was good b4 the swap
ZC#200
Old 06-23-2008, 12:57 AM   #68
svtguy88
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13476
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT

FF Reputation: 17 svtguy88 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Yeah. My dipstick has been all messed up since the swap. It was fine before, so I just remember where the new "full" is on the SVT dipstick. I'm sure it's just not seated quite right or something.

As for the PS line. You can bend it, and it might be fine. Many people that did that have said they have had no PS problems. However, others have blown the PS line apart from it being too hot.

The safe route is to get the SVT line (sorry, no part number, but I know you can find it online), but I drove mine with a wrapped line for well over a year without any issues.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #69
Andosfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 57539
What I Drive: 2000 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Andosfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
thank you so much this helped alot but where can i find the svt cat or an orp?
Old 08-24-2008, 03:21 PM   #70
svtguy88
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13476
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT

FF Reputation: 17 svtguy88 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Check out McNews Automotive or some of the other sponsors on here. It will be hard to find the stock SVT cat, unless you go to a Ford dealer/parts distributor. However, the high flow and ORP is pretty easy to find. Also, check out the buy/sell/trade forums on here. I think I picked up my ORP for like $70.

Bookmarks & Social Networks