Cam Gears? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-02-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
focus4free
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 42967
What I Drive: '03' ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 focus4free Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Cam Gears?

Ok, this was more a question of curiosity. There are quite a few choices when it comes to cam gears...anyone have any good or bad stories on a particular brand? Most of the newer gears have the 5 bolt set up which I know is best but what are some other things to look for? If you look at brands such as Fidanza, Kent, Esslinger or UR they all seem the same...same number of bolts, hardened teeth, + or - 6 degrees, etc., etc. Is one really any better than the other?

I currently have the UR gears and am looking at changing them when I install my new FR head and cams so I was just curious on what others thought of the various brands.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
SVT-SAGE
Banned

Fan#: 43249
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVTF

FF Reputation: 15 SVT-SAGE Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
All those brands you listed are pretty much top notch. One thing you might want to research is the weight on them. I have an AEM which is not one of your options and it came in at 8oz.
BTW this is an excellent mod if you like messing with your engine, You get to feel your powerband moving as you adjust ex. I set my car at +4 went for a 10min drive and then to -4, Its like a different car.
Good luck on your search-

Bookmarks & Social Networks