My Review/Impression of the Progress 22mm rear Sway - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-25-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
honhon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 24778
What I Drive: a better car than a focus.

FF Reputation: 219 honhon Excellent Standing Memberhonhon Excellent Standing Memberhonhon Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
My Review/Impression of the Progress 22mm rear Sway

hey all-

this is my 2 cents on the Progress 22MM rear sway bar... i figured this might help a few people out...

Before i had the 28mm Steeda Competition sway bar... but for some reason i just didnt like it... so i ordered the Progress 22mm from newedge... got it a few days later and installed it tonight amonst wiring in some LEDs in my car...

i am was throughly impressed with the packaging and hardware included... the only hardware re-used are the bolts that hold the U-brackets to the car... the endlinks are grade 8 or zinc coated i could tell exactly... and the bushings they use for the bar and the endlinks are urethane, and the best thing way overtop of the steeda bar was... it came with GREASE!

so i installed it... took it around my fav. S-curve and i felt my car roll alittle more sinse im now missing 6mm of bar...

but i do have to say it feals ALOT more balance... the ass before felt like it was trying to steer the car. now i feal i am back incontrol and im steering with the front.

but overall i am impressed with the bar mostly because it came with instructions and new endlinks... the steeda bar..... well.... i had to wait 3 weeks to get the bushings that were missing... and the stock endlinks werent enough to handle the bar... but they dont tell you this....

also if anyone cares or is going to ask.... i DID swap my rear LCA's out for custom modified SVTF's LCA's my team leader and i added another support plate under the arm.... so im pretty sure i wont ever have to worry about a rear LCA breaking...

again... thats just my 2 cents.... but i am HIGHLY impressed with progress i give them

questions comments welcome!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2007, 11:05 PM   #2
funksilver04
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 28179
What I Drive: 2007 Silver Mazdaspeed 3 GT

FF Reputation: 1 funksilver04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Just put this part on my car in conjunction with the FRPP multimatic kit as well. My SVTF is definitely more balanced and solid than before. I really didn't want to go up to a 24mm for my daily driver so, this was a good compromise. Felt totally in control at autox too. Nice impovement over the stock SVT set up.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:16 PM   #3
Sedanman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1051
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus 3-Door

FF Reputation: 1 Sedanman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yea, I have the multimatic kit and progress rear, and will have to say it was a definate improvement over the stock setup.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:48 AM   #4
honhon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 24778
What I Drive: a better car than a focus.

FF Reputation: 219 honhon Excellent Standing Memberhonhon Excellent Standing Memberhonhon Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
what front bar would be a good compliment to the 22mm progress rear? does progress make a front bar too?
Old 02-26-2007, 11:01 AM   #5
scrammer
Banned

Fan#: 26570
What I Drive: February 2010 ROTM

FF Reputation: 172 scrammer Excellent Standing Memberscrammer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
i too agree with HonHon. i have had mine installed since sept/06. the rearend seems like it really "follows" now. also, the packaging and hardware are top notch. i dont believe that i have ever seen a FSB from Progress. though i am positive that Eibach offers one as well as H&R. the eibach is 22mm and the H&R is a 24mm.
anyone interested in a used 21mm SVT RSB?
Old 02-26-2007, 11:39 AM   #6
Egz
Sückn' n Blown

Fan#: 442
What I Drive: 2003 2.3l ZX3

FF Reputation: 111 Egz Excellent Standing MemberEgz Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Bigger isn't always better. I love my 22mm progress bar. It balances out just nicely with the stock 21mm front bar. As for sway, well, stiffer springs take care of that.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:44 AM   #7
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing MemberWD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
^^^Ditto on the 22mm bar experience.
Loving mine.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:25 PM   #8
Fordfan05
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 43546
FF Reputation: 1 Fordfan05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by honhon View Post
what front bar would be a good compliment to the 22mm progress rear? does progress make a front bar too?

the stock front bar is fine with the rear progress. It is a big job to replace the front, unbolting the subframe is not always fun.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:40 PM   #9
focusedaddiction
2focusedracing

Fan#: 23787
What I Drive: 2003 sangria red 5spd. ZX3Turbo

FF Reputation: 4 focusedaddiction Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egz View Post
Bigger isn't always better. I love my 22mm progress bar. It balances out just nicely with the stock 21mm front bar. As for sway, well, stiffer springs take care of that.
Couldn't have said it better, I just went back to stock front and the progress 22mm rear set-up with stiffer springs & shocks and it's great, handling is outstanding!!!
Huge rear sway is unnessesary and twichy.
_/\_/\_SCCA_/\_/\_SM #74_/\_/\_BRING ON THE CONES!...zetec crew #74
ZX3..underpressure
tuning by TOM
Old 05-07-2007, 11:55 AM   #10
scrammer
Banned

Fan#: 26570
What I Drive: February 2010 ROTM

FF Reputation: 172 scrammer Excellent Standing Memberscrammer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
some inquiring minds want to see pics of the bar installed...

Bookmarks & Social Networks