someone wanted a how to on installing lambo doors,here it is - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-17-2007, 08:14 PM   #1
brandon0133
1fastfocus05

Fan#: 35345
What I Drive: 2005 zx4,

FF Reputation: 3 brandon0133 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (31)
someone wanted a how to on installing lambo doors,here it is

a few people on this site wanted me to do a how to on how to install lambo doors onto ure own vehicle ureself,,,so i wrote it up with pictures,,,how do i get this into the how to part of this web site??? and how do i upload it? i will put the text without pics on here cause i cant get the word perfect doc to upload,,,

Lambo door kit installation guide

first off we will start by getting your kit and getting it all taken out of the plastic and box, u want to get it in ure hand and move it around and understand how it works and how all the parts go together,,,like the shock,,,on my kit it screwed in to one part of the hinge and the other part sits in a pivital hole on the other part of the hinge

,on the ford focus u will have to remove the fenders,there is 3 bolts on each side angled up into the bumper,,remove them,,there is one under the headlight on each side also,,, i also removed the front bumper but u do not have to,,,do not take the door apart yet,,u will need it to sit there to get your measurements,,,once u get all them parts taken out u will see the body of the car,,,u will see the stock hinges holding the door also,,hold the hinge up to the door on the fender side and look at the car,,this is just so u can get an idea of how it will mount,,,now u can open the door and take out the rod part that goes from the door to the body of the car,,,has one screw into the car body and the other side in the door has two nutts u will see if u look at it,,,that piece will fall inside the door,, if your having problems finding this part look in the door lam middle ways,,mine was gold looking little bar,,,once thats removed shut the door and remove the hinges from the door,, u will then inspect and see that the body of the car is not flat,,,theres a spot u will need to take a cutting wheel and cutt out,,heres a picture of the spot

picture says in blue old door hinge holdes and it says in red cutt this out till flat,,,,those ridges need to be removed and heres a picture of them completey cutt out

now this shows the spot cutt out and im holding one of the layers in my hand,,u will be cutting a few layers out,,, take a hammer and kinda knock them other pieces down flat that u see running right to left there,,,I call them vains,,lol,,,,now take the hinge and get two of the bolts that were the factory hinge bolts

that u removed and put the hinge up there and install one bolt at the top and one at the bottom,,,,then install the top bolt on the door part of the hinge,,,factory is the biggest bolt,,,think it was a 5/8 socket to install it and remove it,,,ok now u got all this installed onto the car take the shock in one hand and open the door and lift it up,,,watch out cause it will be heavy and will want to twist while picking it up cause there not a bottom bolt in the door part of the hinge yet,,,now screw the shock into the hinge where it goes and lift the door while u use the other hand to align the shock into the swivil hole,,,once its in u can slowly pull down on the door and see if its anywhere near lined up yet,,lol,,probably not,,,on my kit theres a two or three spots to adjust it,,ill show u in this next pic
the yellow is the adjustment point that changes the up and down on the door,,so if u try to shut it and the door is to high or hanging to low this adjustment will fix that,,dark green is the adjustment of in and out on the door,,,adjusts how far the door can open before it goes up,,,the light greensish blue color is the mounts for the shock,,,so now u will adjust the door till its right and shuts good,,,sometimes u will need to remove the lambos again and trim some of the panel off if the hinges donít line up good with the door,,,,just to let u know ,now u want to drill the other mounting holes out and install your screws into them,,,

now the lambos are installed but its not over with yet,,lol,,,you have to modify the fenders so the lambos donít hit the fenders,,,here is a picture of what to cutt out,,,now this is showing the pass side fender laying down with bottom part near my hand,,the part of the fender that will mount near the door has a inner liner of metal with two mounting tabs on it,,,measure about 1 inch below the top mount tab and make a mark,,,draw a straight line towards fender outter skin,,,about this far from edge <ó->
then cutt along that edge all the way to the bottom as seen in the pic,, then reinstall the fenders and open and close the door,,if it hits on the fenders u can adjust the in and out of the door with the adjuster screw I showed in the other picture,,,, or u can trim a little more off the fender well,,,,reinstall the fenders and the plastic skirt and sit back and enjoy your new lambo doors if u have any questions email me at brandon0133@yahoo.com

if u noticed anything I left out let me know,,thanks

thats just the text,,,i got pics to,,,if someone can help me id love to help out other foci owners on here,,,thanks

TEAM DURATEC #150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
HaveBlue83

Fan#: 1358
What I Drive: a car

FF Reputation: 70 HaveBlue83 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Picts..........
Old 02-17-2007, 09:39 PM   #3
brandon0133
1fastfocus05

trying to get someone to sticky this and it will have pics
TEAM DURATEC #150
Old 02-17-2007, 10:18 PM   #4
pio
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 198
What I Drive: 2012 Black Mustnag GT

FF Reputation: 2 pio Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
post pics i will think about a sticky...
Old 02-17-2007, 10:22 PM   #5
focus_guy_03
Powering America

Fan#: 3336
What I Drive: '12 Escape

FF Reputation: 10 focus_guy_03 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Nice write up, the one thing I would like to see if this does get made a sticky, is go through and edit the all the IM talk to normal (proper) spellings, it is semi-hard to read it with the IM spellings in there, thanks.

Mike

XboxLive GamerTag - focusguyzx5
Old 02-17-2007, 10:35 PM   #6
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Moving to Exterior Chat. To get the pics you can save them onto a site like Photobucket or Imageshack, and paste the links they give you right into the body of your text (edit). That might be best then you see the pics step by step.

Or you could save the images to your computer and when you reply (not Quick Reply) there's an option to add attachments - you can't add things like Word documents, but several types of image files work.

If you get the pics up we can see about adding the thread to the How-To archive. I wouldnt' mind if the wording was cleaned up a bit too, just for convenience, but thanks for writing out the process.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:43 AM   #7
brandon0133
1fastfocus05

ok will do lil pzev....ill get right on it,,
TEAM DURATEC #150
Old 02-18-2007, 08:18 AM   #8
brandon0133
1fastfocus05

Lambo door kit installation guide

first off we will start by getting your kit and getting it all taken out of the plastic and box, you want to get it in your hand and move it around and understand how it works and how all the parts go together, like the shock, on my kit it screwed in to one part of the hinge and the other part sits in a pivital hole on the other part of the hinge.

on the ford focus you will have to remove the fenders. there is 3 bolts on each side angled up into the bumper, remove them. there is one under the headlight on each side also. I also removed the front bumper but you do not have to. do not take the door apart yet, you will need it to sit there to get your measurements. once you get all them parts taken out you will see the body of the car, you will see the stock hinges holding the door also. hold the hinge up to the door on the fender side and look at the car, this is just so you can get an idea of how it will mount. now you can open the door and take out the rod part that goes from the door to the body of the car, it has one screw into the car body and the other side in the door has two nut’s you will see if you look at it. that piece will fall inside the door. if your having problems finding this part look in the door jam middle ways, (mine was gold looking little bar) once that’s removed shut the door and remove the hinges from the door, you will then inspect and see that the body of the car is not flat, there’s a spot you will need to take a cutting wheel and cut out, here’s a picture of the spot.

picture says in (blue) (old door hinge holds and it says in (red) (cut this out till flat) those ridges need to be removed and here’s a picture of them completely cut out.

now this shows the spot cut out and im holding one of the layers in my hand. you will be cutting a few layers out, take a hammer and kinda knock them other pieces down flat that you see running right to left there, (I call them vain’s) now take the hinge and get two of the bolts that were the factory hinge bolts

that you removed and put the hinge up there and install one bolt at the top and one at the bottom, then install the top bolt on the door part of the hinge. (factory is the biggest bolt) think it was a 5/8 socket to install it and remove it. ok now you got all this installed onto the car take the shock in one hand and open the door and lift it up. watch out cause it will be heavy and will want to twist while picking it up cause there is not a bottom bolt in the door part of the hinge yet. now screw the shock into the hinge where it goes and lift the door while you use the other hand to align the shock into the swivil hole. once its in you can slowly pull down on the door and see if its anywhere near lined up yet, probably not. on my kit there’s two or three spots to adjust it, I will show u in this next picture.
the yellow is the adjustment point that changes the (up and down) on the door, so if you try to shut it and the door is to high or hanging to low this adjustment will fix that, (dark green) is the adjustment of in and out on the door, adjusts how far the door can open before it goes up. the light greenish blue color is the mounts for the shock, so now you will adjust the door till its right and shuts good, sometimes you will need to remove the lambos again and trim some of the panel off if the hinges don’t line up good with the door. just to let you know. now you want to drill the other mounting holes out and install your screws into them.

now that the lambos are installed but its not over with yet. you have to modify the fenders so the lambos don’t hit the fenders. here is a picture of what to cut out now this is showing the passenger side fender laying down with bottom part near my hand. the part of the fender that will mount near the door has a inner liner of metal with two mounting tabs on it, measure about 1 inch below the top mount tab and make a mark, draw a straight line towards fender outer skin. about this far from edge <—->
then cut along that edge all the way to the bottom as seen in the picture im showing. then reinstall the fenders and open and close the door, if it hits on the fenders you can adjust the in and out of the door with the adjuster screw I showed in the other picture, or you can trim a little more out of the fender well. reinstall the fenders and the plastic skirt and sit back and enjoy your new lambo doors if u have any questions email me at brandon0133@yahoo.com

if you noticed anything I left out let me know, thanks
TEAM DURATEC #150
Old 02-18-2007, 08:19 AM   #9
brandon0133
1fastfocus05

ok there it is all cleaned u, is this better?
TEAM DURATEC #150
Old 02-18-2007, 10:18 AM   #10
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Yes, thank you. I'll go try to add it to the archive now (notice we don't sticky everything now, but compile links into 1 big thread, see the link in my sig).

Thanks again

Bookmarks & Social Networks