Nos - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-26-2003, 06:44 AM   #1
will2041
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 329
What I Drive: 2001 ZX3 Twilight Blue

FF Reputation: 1 will2041 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Nos

Alrigthy, I know putting NOS in a stock Focus will probably take your tranny out. Let's say for a minute I wanted to put a 75 HP Zex NOS system in. What kind of upgrading would need to be done to the tranny? Also, can you mix NOS with a supercharger? I've heard some say you can and some you can't. Please clarify! I'm a newbie and am very confused

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2003, 09:06 AM   #2
Solaris
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 52
What I Drive: 1985 Volvo 740 GLE

FF Reputation: 1 Solaris Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
75 shot will fux u up if u run anything do 50. I don't recommend NOS at all but w/e. Thats a good question they way i think about no u cna't run NOS with a super charger. You can run with turbo because the air compression is done by the time the air is going into the manifold. Well i guess u could with a super charger u just couldn't use ZEX cause it's dry NOs injection if u went wet then u could use super charger.

Now driving a 1985 Light Blue Volvo 740 GLE with 95,000 miles on it
Old 09-27-2003, 02:03 AM   #3
Banshee99
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 347
What I Drive: 2001 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Banshee99 Good Standing Member
Yes you can run Nitrous and a Supercharger, but your "tuning" becomes key to making or breaking your motor. Also, forced induction with nitrous amplifies the effects of nitrous. For example, if you were boosted and using a 50 shot of nitrous, it would actually add 75 or 100 more hp from the nitrous (instead of the 50hp you'd expect). I personally wouldn't do it, nor would I even do nitrous alone. Bottle refills are too much $$ IMO..
Old 09-27-2003, 12:02 PM   #4
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I have no experience with the atx, but I understand they can't take much abuse ( from what I've read here); if you have a manual then a 50 shot is totally reliable, and a 75 should be fine but that is pushing a little harder on parts. I would ONLY use a wet system at those levels! I am on my fourth ten pound bottle at a fifty shot with no problems at all so far. ( except for a few suprised civics, etc.)
Old 09-28-2003, 10:49 PM   #5
duh_racer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 436
What I Drive: 00 se with zetec

FF Reputation: 1 duh_racer Good Standing Member
viney what do you have? i mean nx, nos, zex, etc. About how often do you use your nitrous oxide? everyday? once a week? whats safe? sorry bout all da ?s. i just want some nos and i dont want to blow my engine.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:43 AM   #6
viney266
Focus Fanatic

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
I have a nx kit, , I sometimes don't use it for a week and then I'll use it seven or eight times in a night. I spent the money on a remote bottle opener ( high dollar ) , but a must have if you can't reach your bottle. Mines in the back of the wagon!. I like the nx kit because they use all stainless lines, I also used a rpm cutoff switch to keep from spraying if I hit the rev limiter. not a must but a good idea. 50 h.p. will be fine if you have a manual, ask anything you want i'll try to answer
Old 09-30-2003, 12:23 PM   #7
FOCUS_ZTS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 351
What I Drive: Focus Se Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 FOCUS_ZTS Good Standing Member
Viney have you seen the new NOS from ZEX? The Ejector Air Amplifier? I think that one will be ok to run a 75 shot. I would think you may get 50 out of a 75. I dont know enough to back that but maybe you can look at it and let me know what you think. I plan on getting it when the warranty runs out. I have about 60,000km before that so there is lots of time to upgrade for it. Thanks for your thoughts. BTW what sort of power are you getting witht he NOS?
Old 10-01-2003, 08:19 AM   #8
duh_racer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 436
What I Drive: 00 se with zetec

FF Reputation: 1 duh_racer Good Standing Member
alright thanks. i appreciate your help. could you tell me where you bought your nx kit at? or where the best place to buy the kit is.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:10 AM   #9
viney266
Focus Fanatic

I bought my kit locally at Westminster speed and sound, my local speed shop in town, good guys over there. I'm sure you must have somebody local, I like to buy from people, I'm not much for buying over the internet ( never have)
Old 10-01-2003, 10:38 AM   #10
Banshee99
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 347
What I Drive: 2001 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Banshee99 Good Standing Member
Viney how hard does it hit when you are on the bottle? Did you have to put in colder plugs?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->