Will stock SVT speakers handle aftermarket amp? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #1
Campbell1971
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 43258
What I Drive: 2003 Black SVT with 24K

FF Reputation: 1 Campbell1971 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Will stock SVT speakers handle aftermarket amp?

I am replacing my stock sub and amp (they were stolen actually) with a Hifonics amp (only 300watts) and 2 12' JL W1v2s. Was wonding if I should get a second amp, say a 4X50 to run to the stock speakers in door and rear.
1. Will they handle the power? 2. Will I see an imporvement? Has anyone done this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2007, 09:01 PM   #2
audio_spec
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 43248
What I Drive: 2001 Red SE

FF Reputation: 1 audio_spec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
you could do that it will give u much more clarity and 4 channel amps will have a treble boost and a high pass filter. if u keep the gain turned down it should be just fine. but i would choose a good aftermarket speaker incase they do blow
Old 02-11-2007, 10:53 AM   #3
Deagle50ae
Banned

Fan#: 43200
FF Reputation: 3 Deagle50ae Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
You can amp them.
they will definitely sound better.
but they're still just $2 speakers. (no seriously... they are)
Old 02-12-2007, 11:03 AM   #4
JRODSVT
Dragon Warrior

Fan#: 15362
What I Drive: 03 SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 97 JRODSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Yeah seriously the Premum audio SVT seakers are nothing. The best thing they have over the conventional 5X7 focus speakers is the tweeters are already filtered. (I think anyway there has to be some reason why they weigh so damn much) They can only handle 25W at 4 ohms not sure if that is peak or RMS though.

If you were to run that amp I would keep the gain slightly below the midway point and be fairly agressive with the High pass filter. You don't want to block out your entire midrage but stock SVT speakers are 4 in. Speakers and 1 inch tweeters in a 5X7 frame. They just wont handle the bass very well.

I slipped the Premium audio speakers from my SVT in the front of my moms Base model Taurus and lost a bit of the bass from the car but gain a good amount of treble and midrange. I plan on running a 4 channel amp in her car soon so that she can have a better sounds system and it still looks stock.

I think when i get home I will try to pull a premium audio speaker apart to see if it has any extra guts in it.
o xxxxxxxxxxxx o

Bookmarks & Social Networks