Power lock problem. please help! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-11-2007, 05:49 PM   #1
shaner747
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 29507
What I Drive: Focus ZX3,2002

FF Reputation: 1 shaner747 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Power lock problem. please help!

When I use either the remote or the button on the driver side the passenger side lock makes a grinding noise and does not lock. I removed the door panel to see if anything obvious was causing it. I am stuck on how to remove the entire lock because it is tucked away. 2002 ZX3.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2007, 12:40 AM   #2
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Never done one on a focus, but they are usually just held in by a few 10mm bolts. They can be a bear to get to. The best way for most of them is too sit on the ground and turn halfway around and put your forearm inside the door. Not easy, but its doable. Check the plastic clips on the "wires" first and make sure they are firmly attached.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:11 AM   #3
DOHCFOCUS2000SE
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40684
What I Drive: 2000 Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 DOHCFOCUS2000SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i had the same problem but mine didnt grind it just jammed every time u used them, u have to poke through the insulation and look in the door jam part of the door where the latch is. it is most likely your Lock Actuator (which is built into the doorlatch) making it cost so much. my driver side door lock actuator fried costing me $171 for the part. it takes about a half hour to get the whole lock and latch module out. its not 10mm bolts its torx holding it on . its a pain in the azz but it can be done with some patience and tools.

Bookmarks & Social Networks