Custom turbo build - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-30-2007, 06:24 PM   #11
xp0s3d
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 31421
What I Drive: 2012 Mustang GT Premium

FF Reputation: 11 xp0s3d Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
No, you buy the sct proracer package (includes the xcal2 and the tuning software for it) and a wideband o2 sensor and then you should be able to tune it yourself through a laptop.

If you don't know how to tune an ecu, you may have to take it to a shop, or even fly it to the states to have a pro do it. :-S

Just make sure you have enough fuel or else you'll destroy the engine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2007, 07:38 PM   #12
cayres
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 35184
What I Drive: 03 Comp Orange EAP SVT, 06 ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 8 cayres Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
yea so pretty much get the sct pro race package which allows you to make a tune. You dont know how to tune im guessing, thats when a tuner comes in handy, Tom at Focus-power.net or com? Randy at Focussport.com or ray at mcnews or cfm guy at c-f-m.com. This gives you a dyno tuner in north Carolina, California, Pennsylvania, and Florida respectively. As far as tuners go. The pro race package by SCT like i mentioned earlier makes self tuning available and is nice to have when you become more experienced in tuning but cost more since you have to get the pro package and a xcal2 or a chip burner to be able to transfer your tunes to the car. Now if you have the car professionally tuned and will never want to get into tuning yourself or making adjustments to the professional tune then just get a sct xcal2 or a diablo sport preditor. You can find both through Tom at Focus-power and can find both throuhg mcnews and maybe c-f-m but focus sport deals exclusively with sct, I would PM Tom (1turbofocus) for the best deal on them all from what ive seen, mcnews is also very good at giving deals. I hope this mini write up helps a bit, but def check out all of the websites and read what they all have to say about the tuners and get it professionally done first, do google search because there are other tuners out there just not advertised on this site, just make sure they are familiar with tuning a focus...or a turbo 4 cylinder.

Good Luck and Good Reading
Chris
Old 01-30-2007, 07:40 PM   #13
cayres
Focus Fanatic

Oh and from what i have seen most tuners that tune many ford cars will use SCT and write a program, download it to your tuner device i.e. Xcal2 and then upload to the car. This will be done a few times during a dyno tuning while the tune is being changed to fine tune the cars performance and safety.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:00 AM   #14
jamfrank
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29666
What I Drive: 2002 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 jamfrank Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
thanks cayres...i looked at focussport website for the sct pro pkge n i think it would be best to get that n have the car tuned her in jamaica on a dyno. But then again...i could send Tom the info o wat was done to the car n he could upload a xcal2 n have it sent here...guess that would be my choice...Next thing all the parts needed to build this turbo wats needed?...incidently a guy here has a cobra 70mm MAF for sale...could that part be used?
Old 01-31-2007, 01:09 PM   #15
jamfrank
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29666
What I Drive: 2002 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 jamfrank Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
another question, will it be necessary to change the intake manifold n TB or it's ok to leave as is?
Old 01-31-2007, 02:20 PM   #16
cayres
Focus Fanatic

The intake manifold will hold for decent boost and the tb will be fine. Thats all you will get out of a larger tb is faster throttle response. If your going to have tom do the tune buy the prp from him...from what ive seen he has the best deal anyway...you just have to pm him for it. as for a list of things ill pm you mine its quite extensive and most parts on it are top quality and could be found cheaper used or substituted for a cheaper part but thats all you.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:08 AM   #17
brandon0133
1fastfocus05

Fan#: 35345
What I Drive: 2005 zx4,

FF Reputation: 3 brandon0133 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (31)
turbo tom can make a tune for u and email it to u..write me with any questions,,im building a custom duratec kit myself,,also sporadic made a write up on how to make one,,,check it out.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129212
TEAM DURATEC #150
Old 06-02-2008, 11:07 AM   #18
midnighthaze18
Banned

Fan#: 54508
What I Drive: 2000 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 midnighthaze18 Good Standing Member
You really should have it tuned where you are at locally if you have access to a shop. Generally if they tune vehicles, they know one software or another. If you do it locally, I would go with the software your tuner is use to.

as for parts, just check out any of the turbo kits for sale. all kits have the same basic parts. check www.focus-power.com(for pics) and www.massivespeedsystem and other custom kits on here. as for bends, part of it being custom is you make it the way you like.

Bookmarks & Social Networks