SVTOA On Track @ Texas Motor Speedway - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > General Racing Chat

General Racing Chat Use this Forum to discuss everything from launching off the line and four wheel drifts, to telling your favorite race tale. (Posting Rules)

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-18-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
shlbygt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23315
What I Drive: 04 SVT PWSC EAP

FF Reputation: 5 shlbygt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
SVTOA On Track @ Texas World Speedway

Anyone up for some track time at TWS?
I'm flying in from California to instruct and it would be nice to see some Foci out on track.
Here is the flyer and other information.

SVTOA - Central Region
Friday Mar 30 - Sunday Apr 1

Texas World Speedway, College Station, TX

Last day to register: Fri Mar 30, 2007

For the Fourth Year, the SVTOA and Ford Performance Lone Star Round Up, Sponsored by 5.0 Resto, will be visiting the Texas World Speedway in College Station, Texas.

Come and enjoy your car at the famous Texas World Speedway. Built in 1969 and is one of only seven Super Speedways of two miles or greater in the , the others being Indianapolis, Daytona, Pocono, Talledega, California, and Michigan . Thus, TWS is the only Super Speedway in the Southwest. It's replacement cost is about $30 million.

The two mile high banked oval became known as "The Worlds Fastest Speedway" when Mario Andretti set a world closed course speed record of 214.158 mph on October 6, 1973 while qualifying for an Indy car race. That record stood in the Guinness Book of World Records for twelve years. Since then many Indy cars have tested at unofficial speeds of 238 mph. Over the years, TWS has been the site of numerous Indy car, stock car, motorcycle, truck, and sports car races including the TEXAS 500, LONE STAR 500, BUDWEISER/NASCAR 400, TEXAS GRAND PRIX, TEXAS RACE OF CHAMPIONS, TEXAS 200, ARCA/WINSTON WEST 500, the TEXAS WORLD GRAND PRIX, EXXON SUPERFLO 500, and other events sanctioned by United States Auto Club, NASCAR, ARCA, Sports Car Club of America, the American Motorcycle Association, WERA, IMSA, and other racing organizations

Jeff Lacina, SVTOA’s lead driving instructor and his team of instructors will be at the track to help everyone get up to speed. You're saying, 'I've never done this before.' Don't worry, we all had to start somewhere and what better opportunity is there than learning with a professional instructor sitting next to you and driving with your fellow SVT owners? You learn at your own pace... with plenty of time on the track. The challenging 2.9 mile road course is safe and fast. Great for both the novice and the experiencedopen tracker.

So ask yourself, "Do I want to put a smile on my face?" Well, we think the answer is YES! To accomplish this goal, all you need to do is register for this event. We'll guarantee that you leave with a big smile... no matter what your driving ability is when you arrive on Saturday.

The fun begins Friday night at the Meet ‘n Greet. There will be a special raffle held for only those people who register and tech there cars Friday night. Everyone who does this will receive a ticket for a chance to win a “FREE” entry to the 2008 Lone Star Round Up. These tickets will NOT be sold at any time. We will also be serving snacks and soda throughout the evening. We will conduct a special class for those who attending a track event for the first time.

Schedule of Events:

Friday, March 30
Meet 'n Greet and Tech/Pre Registration at Texas World Speedway

Saturday, March 31

Registration/Tech Inspection
On Track Driving Activities
Threshold braking exercise

Sunday, April 1

Registration/Tech Inspection
On Track Driving Activities

This Event is Open to All Makes and Models

For Questions or additional information please contact Dell Hughes at dellcobra@yahoo.com

The schedule and pricing can be found here.
http://www.svtoaok.com/docs/2007_Tex...er_fixed_2.pdf

To register go to:
http://www.motorsportreg.com/calenda...FD78F147795780

Last edited by shlbygt; 01-19-2007 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Mistake in title.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
number1187svt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30971
What I Drive: 2003 Ford SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 9 number1187svt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Hey whats the age requirement? If its all good, I may be there.

Previous:
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Stage 2
2003 Ford SVT Focus #1187 SVT Squad #314 November 2007 ROTM
Old 01-23-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
shlbygt
Focus Enthusiast

Eighteen is the minimum age for the event.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
mySVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5557
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver ST

FF Reputation: 1 mySVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I went last year and really enjoyed it, TWS is a cool track. I ended up only getting one day on track, but it was a lot of fun. Best I can remember, there were maybe 2 other Foci out there, hopefully the numbers will increase this year. I kinda doubt I will go considering it is a 10+ hour drive, last year I just happend to be on my way to San Antonio that weekend.

I've been to 4 SVTOA On-Track events (TWS, Sebring x 2, and Nashville) and I highly recommend it to anyone! They are organized and run very well and you don't have to have an SVT or even a Ford to participate. They have 4 different skill levels and do a great job getting newbies up to speed. All novice and beginner drivers have to drive with an instructor and I can't begin to say how much an instructor can teach you! Don't go thinking you know everthing about how to drive your car fast, listen to your instructor. I like getting two different instructors, you learn different things from each one. Everything Jeff and the rest of the staff does is done with a "safety first" mentality. If you live anywhere close to College Station and enjoy or are interested in performance driving, or want to learn to drive your car fast leagally in a safe environment, I would highly recommend going!!!
SVT SQUAD #12 '13 Silver Focus ST3, moonroof
Old: ‘03 Silver SVT ZX5 #1459/2173, HIDs, Moonroof, Audiophile. Mods: Hawk pads, Waynes Tune, K&N filter
Older: ‘02 Silver ZX5 Premium, Leather, Moonroof
Old 02-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #5
shlbygt
Focus Enthusiast

Come on folks, there has to be some Focus folks in Texas or Oklahoma wanting to see how good these little cars are on track.
This is great event for first timers or those with just a couple of events under their belt. Plenty of track time with both classroom and in car instruction.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->