SVT IMRC wiring AND ApexI turbo timer install - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-12-2006, 04:06 AM   #1
kruptminz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21795
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Focus LX Frankenstein

FF Reputation: 1 kruptminz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SVT IMRC wiring AND ApexI turbo timer install

Hey erebody,

I'm this close (imagine pinching fingers) to being done, but in order to complete my swap I need to wire the IMRC into the ECU. For those not keeping up, I'm doing an LX to SVT swap. I have the partial wiring harness for the passenger side ONLY. So instead of spending $800, I'm going to take Pins from the old ECU plug (like I did with my Tach pin #48, and it looks Factory) and run the wiring myself following the the way ford did. I just need to know what the IMRC wires go to since I don't have a plug to follow. Can anyone help me...again? Also has anyone installed the ApexI turbo timer in their Focus? If so how did you bypass the Ignition 2 wire? The set up for that timer has IGN 1 and IGN 2 wires, the focus has one IGN wire instead of 2, can I splice them together, or will that be a negative signifigant emotional expirience? Thanx for the help. I'll try to get pics posted, If I can figure out my DVD Camcorder... I canb assemble a car, but that Camcorder requires rocket science....

SVT engine Swap, SVT Brake Kit, Precision Turbo kit with GT28RS turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2006, 05:02 AM   #2
kruptminz
Focus Enthusiast

I just wanted to bring this post to the first page again. I REEEEAAALLLY need this info. This is the only thing holding up my project rebuild. I leave Germany soon an wanna hit the Autobahn for a max speed test B4 I ship the focus to Cali.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:25 PM   #3
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Moved to "Forced Induction Chat".
You should get your answer there. ;)
Old 12-22-2006, 01:55 PM   #4
02ztsian
Focus Addict

Fan#: 14466
What I Drive: V6Mistake, 03 ZX3

FF Reputation: 8 02ztsian Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Have you considered an MSD rpm switch to control the IMRC module? I have the SVT intake swap and I used the window switch plus a potentiometer to control the rpm switchover point. The stock SVT setup is 6000 rpm but I set mine to 5000. Total cost should be less than $100 but I don't know the availability of the MSD in Germany.
Same applies to stupid.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:19 PM   #5
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
The stock SVT setup is 6000 rpm but I set mine to 5000
Actually, that depends.
02-03 stock tunes are 6,000 rpm.
04 changed to 5,000.
All factory "reflashes" also set the IMRC to 5,000.

Regardless, that's a great idea to use a window switch instead of trying to rig up the factory wiring/connections.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:41 PM   #6
02ztsian
Focus Addict

Fan#: 14466
What I Drive: V6Mistake, 03 ZX3

FF Reputation: 8 02ztsian Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WD40 View Post
The stock SVT setup is 6000 rpm but I set mine to 5000
Actually, that depends.
02-03 stock tunes are 6,000 rpm.
04 changed to 5,000.
All factory "reflashes" also set the IMRC to 5,000.

Regardless, that's a great idea to use a window switch instead of trying to rig up the factory wiring/connections.
Thanks for the clarification on the rpms.
And as for the switch, a window switch has a lower and upper rpm range; you only need a rpm switch to engage at one set rpm level. The MSD 8950 has both a positive and a ground at the set rpm (either using the "pills" or a potentiometer) so realistically you could disengage the controller (which disengages the long runners) AND engage a cockpit light to tell you when Zetec kicks in, Yo!
Same applies to stupid.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:51 PM   #7
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I have to ask... why the turbo timer?

You only need about 30 seconds of down time for the turbo to cool back down into a safe temperature range. You dont even need that much time if you are water cooled since the water will keep circulating long after the car is shut off from convection currents alone.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 12-22-2006, 03:55 PM   #8
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Another question..

For the love of God and everything fast on earth..... Why would you want to run the SVT intake on a Turbo setup?? Do you know how much restriction the SVT intake causes under boost?

From the time I ditched my SVT intake till the 2nd custom intake manifold was put on the car I picked up OVER 50whp and 50wtq from changing intake manifolds alone.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 12-28-2006, 02:06 AM   #9
kruptminz
Focus Enthusiast

Thanx for confirming the intake thing. I was feelin the same way. I'm gonna put a ZX3 intake, ECU, and use the key off that car. Yep someone out here finally wrecked a Focus , So tommorrow and Saturday, I'm gonna stip her and resurect her in the FankenFocus. The reason for the turbo timer is;

I'm sometimes a lil forgetful. I've invested $34,500 in this car in the past year an a half, so I kinda want it to last more that a year. 30 seconds is groovy, but I won't rememberto do that all the time, especially @ the butt crack of dawn, with 1 cup of coffee in my system, dragging the kids to school and daycare, and making it in time to PT formation.

It doubles as a digital A/F meter and Voltmeter.

It's REALLY kool lookin.

So now that the method to my madness has been sorted out can someone PLEASE help me resolve the IGN wiring prob?

Old 12-28-2006, 02:09 AM   #10
kruptminz
Focus Enthusiast

I can't use the window switch swap thingy because I have the whole SVT swap, not just the intake mani. We're talkin engine, ECU, tranny, brakes, the works...minus the wiring harness, but the prob might be solved this weekend (see post above)

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->