What's the yellow bottle cap light with the exclamation point - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-09-2006, 11:08 PM   #31
Aqua12632
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 41244
What I Drive: 2002 Blue Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Aqua12632 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primaris View Post
This light is not applicable to the SVTF.
so why is it even on the SVTF dash?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2007, 09:42 PM   #32
ProSilverVT02
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33656
What I Drive: 2002 SVT

FF Reputation: 7 ProSilverVT02 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickouellettesvt View Post
I had this happen also would come one while driving, but I would just shut the car off and restart it and it would clear. I found out later that it was caused by the battery, cause I replaced it a few days later and have not had it come back yet.
Reviving this thread just because I was searching the other day what the hell that little light with the '!' was, and on the forum it is either automatic transmission (I have an SVT - no auto) or temperature related (coolant levels and temp levels never left normal levels). Battery light came on about one minute after the "!" light and found out the battery was shot. I got the battery replaced and haven't seen the light since.

So like everyone else, I don't know what the hell purpose that warning light serves , but it fixed my problem. Seems like a "CHECK GAUGES" light. Stupid Ford, making us do all the work. Hope this helps somebody else like it helped me.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:43 PM   #33
ProSilverVT02
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33656
What I Drive: 2002 SVT

FF Reputation: 7 ProSilverVT02 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primaris View Post
This light is not applicable to the SVTF.
Yes it is.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:14 PM   #34
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Tom has worked on more Focis than all of us put together, and he says it's an important light to pay attention to.

Check it out, I'd shoot for the battery first, but it could be showing early problems due to a bad oil pump, bad water pump, etc. Are there any sounds coming from the engines that might help diagnose one of these more serious problems? Water pumps tend to make hella noise and draw off power from the engine that you'd notice.

I'd check the cables coming off the battery- both positve and negative to be sure that all the connections are tight and there's no excessive corrosion at the battery. You might also want to inspect wiring that is close to the exhaust carefully for any shorts that might have been causing a low voltage issue. Best of luck, I was hoping it was a "Don't Drink and Drive Light" by your descriptoin.. LOL

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:16 PM   #35
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
OH.. Zetec... how old is your belt? A timing belt that is too lose will sometimes cause conditions in the engine where cylinder temps go through the roof very quickly- although it would take about 5 minutes, so this seems unlikely unless you were driving.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:54 AM   #36
penguin
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 21700
What I Drive: 2005 Infrared ZXW

FF Reputation: 109 penguin Excellent Standing Memberpenguin Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
> i don't have a manual...

Go to http://www.fleet.ford.com and you can download a manual for free.

It is quite handy to have a manual that explains what the lights mean and how to use the features of the vehicle.

Bookmarks & Social Networks