Driver seat SNAPED - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-01-2004, 10:47 PM   #1
Johnwashere
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 5733
FF Reputation: 1 Johnwashere Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Driver seat SNAPED

Hi, this is my first time posting here and it seems like a good site. I was in my 2000 ford focus sedan and I reached to the back seat and put on to much pressure to my seat and it snaped back. So now when I sit in it my right sholder is all the way back but my left shoulder part of the seat is in place.... Do you think I could fix the seat, or do I need a whole new seat? Its kinda uncomforable to sit in the seat since it leans back a lot and is flimsy. My seat is light gray.... I looked on eBay and they only have a DARK gray driver seat for 35 bucks (sold as is)...
It
any help would be nice :)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2004, 10:56 PM   #2
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
i would suggest getting it fixed as soon as possible. that could be a major saftey hazard if you were to be involved in an accident.

i do not know if you would be able to fix the seat yourself, but i would be weary of that unless you are a professional welder or something.

i would also be weary of ebay, especially when it says "as is" you never know what you are going to get.

you might want to look into racing seats as a replacment, or you might want to talk to a ford dealership and see what they can do. you also might want to check out a local junk yard, you never know, you might get lucky.

p.s.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:57 PM   #3
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

p.s. you also might want to post an add in the want to by section of this forum (under marketplace) someone with new aftermarket seats might be looking to sell their stock ones.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:03 PM   #4
Johnwashere
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 5733
FF Reputation: 1 Johnwashere Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Allright, yea. Im gona post in the buy, sell forum.... Im in college and I use my car quite often for my job (pizza dilivery guy).... There is a ford dealership about 10-15 min from me so hopefully they can fix it pretty fast... My parents are comming out to my school in a couple days, so they can pay for the repair!
Thanks for the help!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2004, 11:12 PM   #5
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

money from parents is always a good thing

good luck, let us know what you decide to do.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.