2014 Focus SE 16.5k out the door - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #1
NealStarrett
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 174329
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Focus SE 5 Speed Manual

FF Reputation: 1 NealStarrett Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2014 Focus SE 16.5k out the door

Hello everyone, new here, new to Ford. That price includes a $500 trade-in. 1999 Subaru Outback Sport Impreza with 170k miles with a lot of issues, major brake work, exhaust issues, tuneup needed badly, radiator leaking again. Still a strong boxer though with a good clutch and great tires. Rot on rear quarters like all of them have. I figured $1500-$1800 worth of work. Just wanted to be done with it. Was about to go to the dealer and buy a 2013 Focus with 20k, which was not certified (that bothered me) when the night before I saw a new rebate on just the one I really wanted. 2014 Focus SE, Sterling Gray, 5 speed manual. 2k cash back and 1.5k Ford financing! At 57 years old this is the first new car I have bought and the first car I bought from a dealer. The dealership and salesman was just awesome, first class treatment all the way. Only about 150 miles on it now but wanted to post here to thank everyone for their help in the research I did here. I weighed the positives with the negatives and made my decision. One thing that rings very true is that this car has a much more expensive feel to it than you would think for the money. The great steering alone has saved me twice so far. Love this car! I'll round off the numbers- 19k,,,minus 4k in rebates (inc $500 trade-in) + 1k tax and $500 in BS fees. Only my 3rd day with her, honeymoon still going on!

Neal

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #2
The Man
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 115963
FF Reputation: 1 The Man Good Standing Member
Congtatulations! I bought a new 2013 SE 5 spd. manual Hatchback, silver last year. Good decision on the manual! It's the only way to go on a car like the Focus. Price sounds good. Mine was around $19K, but does have some upgrades like leather seats, sport package, etc.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #3
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 60 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Sounds like a good deal with a nice set of option choices, and a good time to give up on the prev. car.

Welcome to FF

S.R. #275

There & Back Again...
Old 07-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #4
Jburks
Focus Addict

Fan#: 145009
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Focus Hatchback SE RR DCT

FF Reputation: 1 Jburks Good Standing Member
awesome deal! welcome to FF!
Build thread-http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382642
Old 07-08-2014, 09:28 PM   #5
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
Did you finance it or pay cash up front? Cash up front makes the world of difference when it comes to negotiating a price.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:36 AM   #6
green_plaid
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 171817
What I Drive: 2014 Oxford White Focus SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 green_plaid Good Standing Member
Nice. I really wanted a manual one but they were hard to find. I bought mine, 2014 SE dct sedan in white for 14900.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #7
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetecDon View Post
Did you finance it or pay cash up front? Cash up front makes the world of difference when it comes to negotiating a price.
Why is that?

My understanding is that the dealer makes money on the financing.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:56 PM   #8
NealStarrett
Focus Rookie

Thanks everyone! I had to finance 10k minimum to get the good deal. It didn't matter to me, would only help my credit which because of the economy in the last 7 years wasn't so good. It could only help. I could have paid cash, so I will just put an extra chunk on it every month for the next year and be done with it. I appreciate everyone's input here on the forums, it helped me in making my final decision. I am loving it more and more every day. Even if I had a million dollars, I think I would still buy the Focus,,,ok ,,,it would be the ST! Now, if only they made the ST in a Sadan! Haha. It now has 450 miles,,,,,the question in my mind is, should I do an oil change at 1k? What are you guys thought on that?

Neal
Old 07-11-2014, 09:06 PM   #9
NealStarrett
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Sounds like a good deal with a nice set of option choices, and a good time to give up on the prev. car.

Welcome to FF
That was all the main deciding factor. I would have given it to them just to get it off my back. Besides, it was once owned by my girlfriend whom I would rather forget! Done with her, done with her x- car,,,in fact, got new license plates just to start fresh. A new start all around

Neal
Old 07-12-2014, 01:42 AM   #10
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 60 sailor Excellent Standing Member
"Done with it" is sometimes best, particularly when ANYTHING would be an improvement.

Done, Done & Done.

1,000 mi initial change isn't needed, though it's a personal preference for some.

The MkIII section has an "oil change 101" thread that's gone on FOREVER discussing preferences & options of how to do it, started as a simple "How To" for those who've never changed oil themselves.

Cheers

S.R. #275

There & Back Again...

Bookmarks & Social Networks