Going to the 1/4 tomorrow (sunday) - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-18-2006, 05:32 PM   #1
jaxzx5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25612
What I Drive: '03 pitch black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 jaxzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Going to the 1/4 tomorrow (sunday)

Im headed to Capitol Raceway in MD tomorrow for the 1/4 tomorrow. Last time i raced was at a different track with only intake and ran a 17.4@78 with a 2.1XX 60ft time.

This time i have chopped res., ground wires, and upper tranny polyurathane engine mount. im hoping to drop into 16's cause the temps are also about 40 degrees colder than when i went last.

Anyone have any comments either to agree or disagree with my guesstamate? Or any extra hints to help me out? (im autotragic also)

P.S. anyone who wants to come, im metting about 7 people at the McDonalds around 11:45am. If your in the area come out and show ya stuff!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
focusin
FF Cleaning Squad

Fan#: 4322
What I Drive: All Focus' sold

FF Reputation: 63 focusin Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Good luck but I am not sure if those mods will be helping drop the time much, but then again I have only raced my car on the track a few times so I am not sure.

From what I gather, take out your spare tire and go with as little gas as possible in the tank so to shave off some time for less weight.

Jon
GumpCrew #1 (dismantled)
Old 11-18-2006, 05:42 PM   #3
jaxzx5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25612
What I Drive: '03 pitch black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 jaxzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
yeah i need to do that...spare tire that is lol. and with the gas, i stupidly filled up wednesday and im in college so yeah, that plus not driving that much anymore leads to still full tank. so while im there for however long (like 5 hours) im hoping to see my times slightly SLIGHTLY drop lol
Old 11-18-2006, 08:17 PM   #4
netdrgoon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 26752
What I Drive: 2005 Focus Zx3 se D20 M5 - blazing

FF Reputation: 2 netdrgoon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The weather will help a lot. Just make sure to remove a little ballast from the car, and that will help more.

That is a pretty good 60ft you had the last time. I imagine that if you can keep that up or do slightly better, you should have a high 16 on a much cooler night.

The weight from the gas might be an issue, but like I said remove ballast...spare, jack, passenger seat...that should offset the gas pretty easily.

Bookmarks & Social Networks