hyperboost diverter valve - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-28-2006, 07:12 PM   #1
richiejerzee4lfe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3854
What I Drive: 2004 svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 richiejerzee4lfe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
hyperboost diverter valve

just thought i'd share my experience with this little gem....

i was torn between an atmospheric BOV or sticking with a recirculating valve. i took the plunge and went with the hyperboost adjustable valve.

i was surprised on how much larger it was then the bosch valve that came with my procharger kit. it was probably twice, maybe 2 1/2 times larger but not too big. it's adjustable up to 6 mm. i first had it set at half way or 3 mm. i noticed a bit of difference between the bosch and this in that it didn't take that much effort to get boost, meaning i didn't have to push 3/4 down on the throttle to get boost. i finally set it all the way down and again noticed more of a difference. it wasn't like night and day but noticeable enough that i'm glad i spent the $119 for it.

i really like the product. i can here it when i'm driving hard between shifts. i don't know how audible it is from outside of the car.

this is definately an option for diverter valve vehicles. they also have a lifetime warranty on the product so if it brakes or stops working, they fix it for free.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->