Good Brakes - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > North East Fanatics

North East Fanatics Serving the Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New England, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-05-2003, 01:22 PM   #1
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

Points 230,345, Level 100
Points: 230,345, Level: 100 Points: 230,345, Level: 100 Points: 230,345, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Good Brakes

We have been talking about Ellicott city roads lately and so I endded up out there last night in my mustang running around with my friend ( he's driving a Miata)..Any way, I'm coming down river road, at way...uhhemm , shall we say more than the posted limit. and a deer jumps right out in front of me and she stops at looks at me, to give you an idea I was foot flat to the floor in 3rd gear in a hopped up 5.0....anyway, the mustang has a 13" baer big brake kit, front and rear on 17" wheels ( an investment of abot $4,000 ), this post is to say the brakes paid for themselves last night, stopped about 2 feet short of the deer, needless to say, with the stock brakes I would have wacked the deer. soo, the investment finally felt worth the money it just saved me in car repairs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2003, 01:39 PM   #2
2000sezetec
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 261
What I Drive: 2000 SE Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 2000sezetec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I agree with the brake upgrade being one of the best upgrades you can make on a car.

Slow before go before show is my motto.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:54 PM   #3
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Plus your speeding didn't kill a helpless animal that was just trying to make it across a road that we paved through it's home.
Old 11-05-2003, 04:12 PM   #4
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Points: 230,345, Level: 100 Points: 230,345, Level: 100 Points: 230,345, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Not a helpless animal..they are tougher than us humans, thank you very much, oh yeah, it is my home ,too!
Old 11-05-2003, 04:21 PM   #5
SVT4ME

Oh really. That must be why I see so many of them dead by the side of the road, cause they're so tough. I don't mean to come off like a jerk, but it seems like there is a large contingent of people on here who only care about *people*, and animals are just fun things for target practice and to avoid hitting on the road only because of the damage they will cause to the car. I'm so tired of riding with my students and discussing what to do if animals run into the road and finding they are happy to hear that it's best to run over the squirrel, cat, or dog rather than slam on the brakes. Yeah stupid squirrels, they sure deserve to die - what did they ever do to us? Nothing. We have grown our population to the size that we have just about run the wildlife out of free space, so they encroach upon ours and for that apparently they deserve to die...
Old 11-05-2003, 05:23 PM   #6
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Take a one year old deer and a one year old human and through them in the woods, see who is alive after a month, also, try surviving in the winter on almost no food in 3 feet of snow...thats what I mean by who is tougher. I have a great respect for animals but they were put here on the earth by God for or use..not abuse..I will agree with you that alot of people abuse animals, but animals do not have rights, sorry, Are you suggest that I risk wrecking my car over missing an animal? come on now, I am a hunter and I do ONLY shoot what I eat, I don't use animals for target practice, and as a matter of fact I take a great deal of offense to your suggestion that I might. By the way, I have stopped on the side of the rode many times to see if the deer that was hit and really badly injured was dead so as not to be in misery..The fact that some people think hunters are all about killing and that b.s. makes me sick. I guarantee you that hunters spend more time in the woods than most tree huggers do, and guess what ? I take take my children out to see the wildlife and appreciate nature,..that is when I can control my bloodlust and stop killing things helplessly for a moment....GEEEEEZ come on
Old 11-05-2003, 05:33 PM   #7
SVT4ME

Viney, I was not necessarily singling you out here. For example, GonFishin posted in another thread about a friend who needlessly killed a rabbit that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, to demonstrate the accuracy of his Tec-9: "My buddy has a fully auto converted tech nine with a silencer and a laser sight. That thing is bad a$$. We were in his back yard and he saw a rabbit about a hundred yards away (maybe a little closer, but not much), and he put that dot on the rabbit's head and tapped the trigger....he put 3 holes in the rabbits head." That's the kind of thing I'm talking about. Also, why don't animals have rights? I believe humans are at the top of the heap, but I also believe that doesn't give us the right to completely annihilate the environment because nothing else has any rights.

And I do not suggest to anyone that they wreck their car - my point is that many of the kids seem to take joy in the fact that they should run over a squirrel rather than have the semi behind them rear-end their car. I don't want to wreck my car either, but I wouldn't take *joy* in the prospect of killing a living, breathing creature just to save my own ass.

Last edited by SVT4ME; 11-06-2003 at 01:40 AM.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:03 PM   #8
Lil_RedZX3
Mtn. Dew

Fan#: 101
What I Drive: 2013 Taffeta White Civic Si

FF Reputation: 45 Lil_RedZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I've only hit a few animals, and I definitely took no joy in it. I won't risk wrecking my vehicle to miss one. If I can miss it, I will. But, I'm not gonna put a squirrels life over my own. I would never shoot a rabbit, or any other animal, for target practice. I think that anyone that does should not be allowed to own a gun.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:08 PM   #9
BIGBADWORM
Focus Addict

Fan#: 517
What I Drive: 00 ZX3, 00 Dakota CC R/T

FF Reputation: 1 BIGBADWORM Good Standing Member
I hit one animal in my life........a cat yrs ago and I cried like a baby, and I don't even like cats. I love animals though......more than people. I'd rather hit a human than an animal. Must mean I'm anti-social or something.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:51 AM   #10
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
" I'd rather hit a human than an animal""..Please tell me you are joking??

Bookmarks & Social Networks