Vortech ZX3 Supercharging Systems - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-23-2003, 07:27 PM   #1
forced
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 925
FF Reputation: 1 forced Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Vortech ZX3 Supercharging Systems

As with the other manufacturers, I am here for your Vortech questions. I will try to answer all the questions, but I can't spend all my time on one forum. If you have any urgent issues, you can email me direct. We are currently looking for ZX3 cars to test on. We currently have released LFQ0 and will have LFQ1 shortly. We need any other box codes!!! THis is only on 2.0L motors, we will have the 2.3 and SVT later. We are willing to give a discount on the system, plus a free install. We will need the car for 3-4 weeks and you can only get the aftercooled system. Vortech is in Ventura County, California. To find your computer code, look on the passenger side door jam in the front where the hinge is. The vehicles must be stock! The Focus must have no engine mods, cold air intakes, header, etc. A cat back is OK and the front clip (bumper) must be stock. If your are interested and close to SoCal, please email me your box code and model year. Also keep in mind that our system is 50-State smog legal under CARB EO# D-213-20. For the H.O. news release clickhere.
Thanks.

Steve Padfield
Marketing Manager
Vortech Engineering, LLC
spadfield@vortechsuperchargers.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2003, 07:36 PM   #2
Solaris
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 52
What I Drive: 1985 Volvo 740 GLE

FF Reputation: 1 Solaris Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i don't live near SoCal but how much is the discount on the system?

Now driving a 1985 Light Blue Volvo 740 GLE with 95,000 miles on it
Old 10-08-2003, 07:54 PM   #3
pitchblackab
Focus Addict

Fan#: 210
What I Drive: 2002 zx3 power premium auto

FF Reputation: 1 pitchblackab Good Standing Member
Mr. Padfield, since the other thread was erased I wanna ask why do you assume that the focus can only take 60hp while your Civic Si kit gives up 117hp, engine wise the focus can handle 117hp more from what other manufacturers of forced induction systems. The Honda Civic has nototriously weak axles that may break from you kit yet the focus has one that would handle 300+ why not up the power. Seems like the R&D into the kit was half assed from the consumer standpoint leaving more work for the customer to do.

For comparison HKS has a turbo focus taht has been out since just about the introduction of the focus to the US and it is running something like 250hp in the car with a stock motor. Ans no this is not a 16 year old just recently finding out about the car from Focus Fanatic magazine I've know about the car from its inception and was amazed to see that it has lasted this long with that much power, but that should just be more initiative to other manufacturers such as Vortech to give the kit a little more power. Considering the time everyone has waited for the kit, seems to me that it was "to little to late".

As for the kit itself, considering the battery has to be moved you should think about including a bettery relocation kit with your next release of it if there is one, also maybe sell the kit seperately now for those who support your product and have/will purchase it.

Tom, I ask that you leave the comaprison of all out power from this because it will always favor the turbo, 500hp seems to be much out of the common custoemrs price range any way, for comparisons sake lets leave 300hp to be the top end mark considering your system is stated to have 230 something at the wheels (If I remember correctly).

And for Mr. Padfield, having a carb eo number is nice but the fact that Ford screwed the design of the focus exhaust should not be a burden placed on the people developing turbo systems for the Focus, if ford would adopt a similar system to the on the SVT with the catalytic covnerter in the engien to give space for a turbo and manifold I sure there woudl be at least one or two turbo kits with Carb eo # making them street legal. Also some states are more tollereable of tuners vs. California and if there is a cat some where working on the car and it can pass the emisions sniffer the car is fine.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:11 PM   #4
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 51,351, Level 100
Points: 51,351, Level: 100 Points: 51,351, Level: 100 Points: 51,351, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Forced I have lost ALL respect for Vortec and have worked with Vortec cars and Mark Ray for years and More Performance with the Chevy stuff and have allways thought they were top of the line when it came to blowers but every time some one asks you questions you dont like you whine to the powers to be and have the post ERASED ,, You did it here and on the Jet

You said ,,"If you want to see power look at the dyno of CFM " i did and commented on it ,But like thay say the truth hurts

If you cannot take the bad with the good you have no place in any Forum

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 10-08-2003, 09:13 PM   #5
ALL_MOTOR_FOCUS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1130
What I Drive: 2000 FORD FOCUS

FF Reputation: 1 ALL_MOTOR_FOCUS Good Standing Member
ouch!, the truth does hurt
Old 10-08-2003, 10:20 PM   #6
pitchblackab
Focus Addict

Damn ...
Old 10-08-2003, 10:21 PM   #7
pitchblackab
Focus Addict

Can i get my question answered though please.... would be nice to have head of marketing answer question to the doubting public to make them want the system.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:11 AM   #8
CFM Focus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1021
What I Drive: '01 ZX3 w/ Vortech

Points 2,035, Level 27
Points: 2,035, Level: 27 Points: 2,035, Level: 27 Points: 2,035, Level: 27
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 CFM Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by 1turbofocus
Forced I have lost ALL respect for Vortec and have worked with Vortec cars and Mark Ray for years and More Performance with the Chevy stuff and have allways thought they were top of the line when it came to blowers but every time some one asks you questions you dont like you whine to the powers to be and have the post ERASED ,, You did it here and on the Jet

You said ,,"If you want to see power look at the dyno of CFM " i did and commented on it ,But like thay say the truth hurts

If you cannot take the bad with the good you have no place in any Forum

Tom
Tom, I really have been avoiding getting involved but I believe you're actions are affecting my business and Vortech's reputation to prospective supercharger buyers... Why you ask? Because I am a distributor for Vortech and your tactics are making it difficult to sell the product due to your constant battle to try to force these guys to buy your kit. Funny thing is that most will eventually get frustrated or confused and will end up buying a JRSC anyway. You do have many valid points and your experience shows but I think you're taking that ability a little further by trying to make a legitimate company like Vortech look bad or misrepresenting. (Kinda like a lawyer can make a killer look like a nice guy in my eyes)

As for the power I'm currently making on my car... I am well aware that I will never make as much power as I could with a turbo but that was my decision for now. Maybe someday I will use a turbo instead. I think it should be clear to everyone who knows what they're talking about that the Vortech has not been out long enough to really start knocking it down because of Vortech's conservative output numbers. Only time and testing will really determine the full potential of the Vortech on a stock/modified Zetec. There a different reasons why someone would choose a supercharger over a turbo or vice versa and I would hope that when they do make that decision they fully understand why they made the choice.

Business is business...

BTW, I think you're a super guy and really enjoyed talking to you at the couple of FFW this year! I sure hope this is not blown out of proportion!
Old 10-09-2003, 10:13 AM   #9
CFM Focus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1021
What I Drive: '01 ZX3 w/ Vortech

Points 2,035, Level 27
Points: 2,035, Level: 27 Points: 2,035, Level: 27 Points: 2,035, Level: 27
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 CFM Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by pitchblackab
Can i get my question answered though please.... would be nice to have head of marketing answer question to the doubting public to make them want the system.
Once I get setup with the Superchips Custom chip program I will guarantee you better power results than Vortech's claims. If not the installation will be FREE!!
Old 10-09-2003, 10:19 AM   #10
pitchblackab
Focus Addict

Um sorry i dont know your name but thanks man, unforetunately even the moderate power of the vortech isnt for my car at the moment i need to upgrade my automatic for any real power, if it is possible to put up with the power with just raised line pressure and new bands or whatever they are called i might look into it about jan or feb, I do appreciate you coming on the forum though. Nice to see some dealers/distributors get involved, and trust that regardless if you just defend your self or post a lot on here it will be appreciated and recommendations will come even if business with you is not conducted for awhile. Just for the fact that you get involved with your potential customers.

Last edited by pitchblackab; 10-09-2003 at 10:41 AM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.