Can it be done? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-27-2004, 06:19 PM   #1
ess2s2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 4276
What I Drive: 2002 Dark Blue LX

FF Reputation: 1 ess2s2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question Can it be done?

I was wondering if there is anyplace that sells power window and door lock kits, if anyone works for a ford dealership, can it be installed or bought at the dealership and if so how much? I hate having manual windows and door locks and I'm trying to get them upgraded.

My buddy (who doesn't own a focus) says that it should be doable and that most manufacturers build the car with all the brackets and stuff in the car, they just don't install the motors and electronics...Any help or info?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2004, 08:50 AM   #2
slowfocusboi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1370
What I Drive: 2001 Slow ass SPI focus

FF Reputation: 1 slowfocusboi Good Standing Member
im interested in this too, i tried to install a power lock system but the motors wouldnt mount...so i figure i have to order some motors from ford directly

CAI
type 2 eyelids
35% tint all the way around
FC red shorty antenna
2 12" cadence ultradrive orange subs pioneer 5600 deck 400w directed amp for subs and another for highs (est 130db)
Old 03-30-2004, 01:17 AM   #3
ill faded sole
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4674
What I Drive: 03 Ford Focus Spi - 8v 2.0L

FF Reputation: 1 ill faded sole Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Wow, not to brag but I thought most Focus's came stock with power windows/doorlocks. Mine did, with keyless entry. You could try the Ford Dealership, but they are most likely going to charge you a bunch
Performance: 20mm ZX3 rear Sway, and Mbrp cat-back exhaust
Old 03-30-2004, 01:27 AM   #4
WinnipegZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3051
What I Drive: Your Mom!

FF Reputation: 1 WinnipegZX3 Good Standing Member
go to a junk yard and buy the power window parts, as well as a new door cover for the buttons. as well, people sell aftermarket powerwindow kits. They typically run for about 100 bucks
Old 03-30-2004, 09:21 PM   #5
ess2s2
Focus Rookie

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that upgrading my car by hand is going to be pretty expensive. I'm not raking in the dough, but I can afford certain things here and there. I have no problem with getting a little at a time and waiting a while to put everything on.

I would have bought the car fully loaded, but I have bad credit and so I had to go with the low model. Looking on the bright side, once I have installed everything I can, not only will I have a really nice car, but I will know how to fix stuff if it breaks.

Also, I'm looking at parts becoming a bit cheaper as the 05's roll out, since people will trade in or sell their old Focai for the newly redesigned model.

The only thing I really need right now though is tires to go on my new rims...oh well, patience is a virtue.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:42 PM   #6
momo
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 2356
What I Drive: 05 VW GTI 1.8T

FF Reputation: 1 momo Good Standing Member
what's up,
yeah they're companies that make power window kits.. One company i know is SPAL (give or take 200 buck for two windows) They make good stuff. it doesn't take that long to install them(depends on your level of experience with car electronincs). I installed a few of those kits. doorlock are easy too. factory doorlocks are overpriced. DEI make actuators, most places like circuit city sells them for 20 bucks. fairly simple to install (again depending on you experience. the trick is too find a wrecked focus with all the nooks and crannies. get the door panels with the harnesses (windows and locks). i hope your see where i going with this. i you have any questions shoot me an email i was a professional installer for 8 years...
Old 04-05-2004, 05:52 PM   #7
WhiteZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4497
What I Drive: 2009 Black Toyota Corolla S

FF Reputation: 1 WhiteZX3 Good Standing Member
I have been searching for this stuff for months. I bought all of the guts for the door to add power door locks, and guess what. The harness coming into the door doesn't have wires. Even if you get a door from a junkyard with everything in it the car comes with only power for the speakers. Bastards
Old 04-11-2004, 11:14 AM   #8
ess2s2
Focus Rookie

Hey White ZX3, My hometown is San Bernardino. I used to go to San G High School.

Anyways, can the door harness be bought from Ford? And these aftermarket window installs, where do they get the power?
Old 04-11-2004, 11:18 AM   #9
WhiteZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4497
What I Drive: 2009 Black Toyota Corolla S

FF Reputation: 1 WhiteZX3 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by ess2s2
Hey White ZX3, My hometown is San Bernardino. I used to go to San G High School.

Anyways, can the door harness be bought from Ford? And these aftermarket window installs, where do they get the power?
You can get the harness from a guy on ebay name Autodan or something like that. For the aftermarket windows they run power that will go through the door into the engine dept and attach to some wires. The kit I have heard most about is SPAL, right now a guy has some on ebay real cheap. He has good feedback so what the hell. I went to SB HighSchool. Take it easy.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:55 PM   #10
FocusOnMySpi
Banned

Fan#: 4481
What I Drive: Light Sapp Blue 00 SPI SE and Proud

FF Reputation: 1 FocusOnMySpi Good Standing Member
ill faded most focus didnt come with all power! lxs dont come with power doors or windows- most se's only have power locks and zts have both-

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.