bad bad bad news - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-13-2006, 06:54 PM   #1
hckyplayer024
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23146
What I Drive: 03 5-door silver SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 hckyplayer024 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Unhappy bad bad bad news

I hate to have to post this, but my SVT is now totalled. It was such a great car, and i loved it so much it really hurts that i had to lose it this way. As you can tell from the pictures, I am very thankfull to be alive let alone released out of the hospital after one day. All of you guys should take pride in knowing you are driving one of the best and safest cars on the road. This car literally saved my life. I dont remember the accident, but i was told that a lady ran a red light and hit me. Please be careful out there, i am a 17 year old driver, and many people may think that teenagers are the only reckless drivers out there, but obviously we are not. After this accident, i dont have any broken bones, and i was held at the hospital for one night for observation. the accident happend october 10th on my way to work. i really really miss that car and want to remind you guys to take good care of your SVT's because they are really going extinct. I love the focus community and thank you all for all your help with the focus. oh yes and all this just DAYs after painting my calipers. such a bummer...

because it doesnt appear to be my fault, my insurance rates wont go up, but its still not fair that i lose my car because of someone elses mistake. especially one as irriplaceable as this. anyways its hard for me to type this up, but as i get more details i will let you guys know. you have been an awesome help. this was my first car and will always be a big part of my life. eventually i will need to get a new car when we get the check from the insurance, so if you guys could give me some idea of what to get that would be great. i thought about the idea of getting another SVT, but it just wouldnt be the same and would hurt too much to just try and get a new one and play it off like nothing happened. thanks again.
-daniel

SVT Squad #46
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2006, 06:58 PM   #2
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Holy crap... you weren't kidding, you are lucky to be alive and well. That is one of the most-damaged SVTs I think I've seen yet. What a bummer on the car, but cars can be replaced. Are you going to pursue any kind of legal action against the other driver?
Old 10-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #3
jhess74
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35612
What I Drive: 2006 Sonic Blue ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 1 jhess74 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Very happy to hear you're ok... those pics are horrible. I feel really lucky to have car that could get you through an accident like that...damn.

As for what to get now, I don't know- there's a lot out there that's fun. I think I'm just too shaken from those pics to have any advice right now.

Best of luck to you, and again, glad to hear you're ok.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:09 PM   #4
macdiesel
I used to drive this

Fan#: 31579
What I Drive: 2010 mazdaspeed3

FF Reputation: 21 macdiesel Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
That's aweful. Your car is mangled pretty bad. Truely lucky to be alive. Good luck with your new purchase.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:17 PM   #5
Slo-motin'fox
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 10549
What I Drive: 2000 Carmine Red LVT "lx and svt"

FF Reputation: 1 Slo-motin'fox Good Standing Member
Wow you are insanely lucky. The same type of thing happend to my friend who had a miata he was rear ended at 35 by an intrepid. it was a 95' and they say that the car saved his life as well.

My other good friend just had his 2003 Mustang GT wrecked two days ago. Its totaled. Had every thing on it too from the factory. Not near as bad as this but still glad he is okay.

Ummm I hear the Mazda Speed 3's for 07 are gonna be fun They handle like a focus but have better power and are a bit safer as well. Good luck and glad to hear you are okay!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 07:46 PM   #6
Dantheman86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 38506
What I Drive: '02 Infrared SVTf

FF Reputation: 1 Dantheman86 Good Standing Member
oh dude, wow, what did she hit you with??? glad to hear you're okay, i don't care how safe the focus is, it's a miracle that you got out of that alive, much less out of the hospital in 1 day! such a shame......such a mangled wreck.....makes me sad....poor, poor focus....lucky lucky man.....stupid, stupid reckless lady.....
Old 10-13-2006, 07:50 PM   #7
boca202
Focus Addict

Fan#: 29659
What I Drive: WRB WRX 2004

FF Reputation: 7 boca202 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Wow man, thank GOD you are alive!!!!! it makes me cry to see such a beautiful car gone this way.

Get a Life = Get a Hatch
Old 10-13-2006, 07:58 PM   #8
youngkal
Focus Addict

Fan#: 24341
What I Drive: 2004 Sangria Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 youngkal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
holy jesus christ....u are one lucky kid to be ok...by the way can I have ure passanger mirror?
Old 10-13-2006, 08:08 PM   #9
hckyplayer024
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23146
What I Drive: 03 5-door silver SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 hckyplayer024 Good Standing Member
the passanger mirror is gone too. nothing from the car is salvagable. i realise that im lucky to be alive but it still sucks. as for legal action i dont know what options i have. my friends dad is a lawyer so i will be speeking to him. I have thought about the mazdaspeed3, but its turbocharged and i dont really think my dad will be too happy about that. i really loved that car and thats truely a shitty way to go. i love it even more now that it saved my life like that. its just so sad to me how something so precious to me can be taken away just like that. at 17 i dont have much else to call my own and now the biggest part of my life has been taken away from me. im so suprised i got out of that situation so easily and i am thankful for that. well thanks again guys ill def. stick around this forum because its a great group of people. oh and btw my dad went to the yard where it is being held at and got the stickshift, the radio face plate which was thrown out of the car on impact, and the SVT Focus lettering on the back of the car. i ordered the SVT cirtificate (40 bucks now!?!?!) and im planning to make a memorial for the car. you guys are all so lucky to have yours

EDIT
she hit me with a honda accord. we were each probably going about 45 so 90mph accident is a fair assumption. waiting for the police report so i can know for sure that it is her fault. the officer told me he was questioning my speed because im a 17 year old in an SVT...w/e i can care less because i know i didnt do anything wrong. i just dont have great memory of the accident as can be expected. i was knocked out on inpact. all together four cars were involved because she hit another car which was pushed into another car and from what i can tell all 4 are totalled although mine is by far the worse
SVT Squad #46
Old 10-15-2006, 02:21 PM   #10
focalpointe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34268
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver Ford Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 focalpointe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
...like everyone says: what's important is that you're ok. I'm sorry about what happened. Good luck with finding a new car'. I hope it's as fun (and safe, and affordable) as your SVTF. The hard part, I think, is finding a similar sports car of comparable value. But, I'm sure you'll find something. And, when you do, I'm sure you'll love what you get. Best'!

Bookmarks & Social Networks