how much for install of jrsc and a clutch? - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-11-2006, 10:22 AM   #1
R00ST650
Focus Addict

Fan#: 15982
What I Drive: Pitch Black '03 ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 R00ST650 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
how much for install of jrsc and a clutch?

I dont have the time or the knowledge to do a supercharger or clutch install right now (im sure i COULD do it ,but due to not having tools/lift close enough it would be a total pain). I am wondering approximately what it would cost to have someone install the JRSC + BBK on my svt focus. I will probably be buying a used kit so will just hope it does in fact include everything needed.

Will ford install the jrsc? I know they sell it in their catalog and warranty it so I would assume any ford dealership could install it? (well at least an svt certified one??)

And also, how much approx would it be for a clutch install? I will probably end up using the stock clutch till it dies (might last awhile seeing as how power increase isnt phenomenal or anything). What about install of a new flywheel? I would probably have this done at the same time of having the clutch done (would probably make the most sense) so any idea for hours or total cost of installing both clutch/fly??

I am just trying to get ideas of how much I will need to spend to put a little bit of boost down the svt's throat! :D

Thanks for the help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2006, 06:07 PM   #2
justjeffrey
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24634
What I Drive: 2000 Black JRSC-BBK'd ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 justjeffrey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
A shop can do the JRSC install in under 8 Hours. Honestly, dont be intimidated and do it yourself. Print the instructions from the JR site and go over them a few times and you will become more comfortable.

You wont need a lift but jack stands and a jack are essential. The Clutch is easy once the tranny is out - thats a big job and I would not send you down that path. My advice is to shop tranny shops and tell them you have a focus. See what they quote and go with the cheapest. Oh and buy the clutch system yourself. You will save a bit there.

I once saw a dude at Wal mart with 5 cans of BONDO. I told him that better be for your F'n science project.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:41 PM   #3
turbovation
I'm Ron Burgandy?

Fan#: 29834
What I Drive: 2004, white accord coupe, V6-6MT

FF Reputation: 7 turbovation Good Standing Member
lol...I just looked at the instructions. It definitely looks "do-able", but I think it would take me well over 8 hours to complete. I would probably be able to get this done if I could afford to have my car up on ramps for say; 4 or 5 days. BUT, you always run the risk of F'ing it up if you try and do it yourself, and that could get expensive. Just find out what the mechanic's hourly rate is and see if you can have it installed. If you have any connections I'm sure you could get a good deal on having it installed. Look for "group 5" type places. They usually hook you up.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:56 PM   #4
R00ST650
Focus Addict

Fan#: 15982
What I Drive: Pitch Black '03 ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 R00ST650 Good Standing Member
What is a group 5 place? There isnt a whole lot around here as far as performance places (dont know of ANY in fact within 30 miles) I know a few people at the local ford dealership (only about 2 miles away) and im pretty sure they can do the install- but I am wondering if there would be any reason for them to turn it down (wondering if they wont like the fact its used) I figure it shouldnt matter im just paying them to do work.

The one thing im worried about is if the person doing the install at the ford place would be familar with this kind of install (they are svt certified so should have experience with the blowers from the cobras and lightnings/etc)

if it can be done for 500 or less I think its worth it (say 8 hours at 60 an hour is 480...) I would love to do it myself but I really dont like the idea of having my car in pieces in my garage on jack stands because if something happens it would be a PITA.

Thanks for the input guys!

Bookmarks & Social Networks