Focus Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Body/Lip Kit Companies

51K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  S2 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought I would post up a thread of the various links to the various body kits on the market today for the Ford Focus. One thing I can't stress enough is that you want to buy a kit that is polyurethane. The benefits of a polyurethane kit over a fiberglass kit are many. Everything from fitment issues, to cold weather, to the ability to flex on impact, to cracking, even to prep time prior to painting. All the best kits are made of polyurethane.

A side note, just incase the manufacturers update the links to their website, I included the main website link first which is searchable on all the body kit sites incase they change location of the pages.

Anyway here goes......

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Wings West

www.wingswest.com

Wings West makes IMO the best fitting kits out there. They are made of polyurethane. There are several different ones out presently for the 00-04 focus (05 is in design apparently). The links below are to the different Wings West kits out there.....

ZX3 Kits

W-TYP Lip Kit - www.wingswest.com/products_detail.asp?page=1&id=223
Big Mouth Kit - www.wingswest.com/products_detail.asp?page=2&id=240
Hot Wheels Kit - www.wingswest.com/products_detail.asp?page=1&id=1927
Avenger Kit - www.wingswest.com/products_detail.asp?page=1&id=236
WRC Kit - www.wingswest.com/products_detail.asp?page=1&id=1952

ZX5 Kits

W-TYP Lip Kit - www.wingswest.com/products_detail.asp?page=2&id=228
Big Mouth Kit - www.wingswest.com/products_detail.asp?page=2&id=241
Hot Wheels Kit - www.wingswest.com/products_detail.asp?page=2&id=1928
Avenger Kit - www.wingswest.com/products_detail.asp?page=1&id=237
WRC Kit - www.wingswest.com/products_detail.asp?page=1&id=1952

Sedan Kits

W-TYP Lip Kit - www.wingswest.com/products_detail.asp?page=1&id=233
Big Mouth Kit - www.wingswest.com/products_detail.asp?page=1&id=242
Hot Wheels Kit - www.wingswest.com/products_detail.asp?page=1&id=1929
Avenger Kit - www.wingswest.com/products_detail.asp?page=1&id=238

Wagon Kit

W-TYP Lip Kit - www.wingswest.com/products_detail.asp?page=2&id=247

Kaminari

www.kaminari.com

Another very popular kit company. Their kits are also made of polyurethane. As far as I know, they only make kits for the ZX3 and Sedan. There is no ZX5 or Wagon kit according to their website.

ZX3 Kits

Lip Kit - www.kaminari.com/products/00Focus2DRLip.htm
Body Kit - www.kaminari.com/products/00Focus2DR.htm

Sedan Kit

Lip Kit - www.kaminari.com/products/00Focus4DR.htm

Cervinis

http://www.cervinis.com/

A very 'extreme' kit in my opinion, it's definitely not a mild kit. Comes with very unique side skirts and definitely attracts attention. I personally like the kit, very dramatic. The Cervinis kit is made out of polyurethane also. They also only make a kit for the ZX3 presently.

ZX3 Kit

Body Kit - www.cervinis.com/NewFiles/00FocusKit.html

Razzi and Steeda

www.razzi.com

Razzi makes one very nice lip kit, they also makes the kits for Steeda (www.steedafocus.com) or at least they did for the 00-04 models. Razzi kits are made out of something called AERO-FLEX which is a proprietary ABS composite plastic material.

ZX3 Kit

Lip Kit - www.razzi.com/vehicles/ford/focus_zx3_0004_3dr_1213.html

ZX5 Kit

Lip Kit - www.razzi.com/vehicles/ford/focus_0104_5dr_2240.html

Sedan Kit

Lip Kit - www.razzi.com/vehicles/ford/focus_0004_4dr_2214.html

Wagon Kit

Lip Kit - www.razzi.com/vehicles/ford/focuswagon_0004_5dr_2215.html

EVO

http://www.jtautostyle.com/

Anyone that has a focus that has looked at ANY exterior modifcations has seen the classic 'EVO' kits. Their kits are made of fiberglass but JTAutostyle is renouned for their kits so you are getting a high quality kit.

The kits are available for both the ZX3 and ZX5 but the front bumper (main feature of the EVO kit) can fit on ANY focus model. Be sure to check them out, it's a old skool kit that has been around forever it seems but still has a very unique flare about it. One of my favorites.

Use their easily navagatable website to find the products available to the focus. They also manufacture the very well known 'lambo' door conversion for the focus as well as other cars if your interested in that look.

Aerogear

http://www.aerogear.net/

Aerogear makes one of the most dramatic bodykits out there for the focus hatchback. It's made of fiberglass which just by looking at the kit is a given. They do offer a limited lifetime warranty on their products. Check out their website, there is a huge section on frequently asked questions about fitment issues, etc. They make a body kit for the hatchback only. The link is below.

http://www.aerogear.net/products/Ford-00-03-Focus.htm

Saleen

www.saleen.com

Everyone who has a ford and has a bit of car knowledge knows about Saleen. Very deeply rooted into the mustang market, they have come out with a focus also. I am not 100% sure what they are made out of but knowing the high quality that Saleen is known for, it's probably polyurethane. I know you can buy the kit separately (buddy of mine has one) but not 100% sure where to get them. You can buy it directly from Saleen off their website.

ZX3 Kit

Body Kit - www.saleen.com/n2o_focus_main.htm

2005 SALEEN KIT

Saleen is coming out with their 2005 kit for the focus. It's not listed on the website but I found this pic recently, please refer to the thread below.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35329

Roush

www.roushparts.com//

Roush performance makes several cat kits including performance mods/rims for the focus. They are available currently in three different categories. Also it's known that Rouch is currently offering the only kit I know of for the 2005 focus models. I know the other companies will have a kit out for the 2005's soon but as of right now, Rouch I believe is the only one. The kits are very high quality as well as the performance/rims they offer. Check it out!

Focus Rally - http://www.roushperf.com/html/rpp_focusrally.htm

Focus Stage 1 - http://www.roushperf.com/html/rpp_focusstage1.htm

Focus Stage 2 - http://www.roushperf.com/html/rpp_focusstage2.htm

ROUSH updated their page so you have to browse to the links, check out the site http://www.roushparts.com/

Xenon

www.teamxenon.com

Another kit company, not as popular but there are some people that have them out there. The front lip is very dramatic, probably the most dramatic lip out on the market for a North American focus. The kits are made out of polyurethane also. They only make a lip kit for the ZX3 as far as I know and what is on their website.

ZX3 Kit

Lip Kit - www.teamxenon.com/cat2002pdf/ca02.pg06.pdf

Tsunami

http://www.tsunami1.com/products_aero/ford/foc7851.htm

Tsunami has a front bumper only for the focus made of poly urethane for very good durability. They bumper features a unique design that actually covers up a little bit of the headlight housing. Probably not a wise idea to get this bumper if you have HIDS, projectors, halos or any kind of open headlight system for your focus. For the record, Focus Central also sells this bumper. Check it out at the link above, will fit ALL focus models.

Ford Racing

www.fordracingparts.com

They have of course the STOCK SVT kit as well a OEM ground effects for the focus. They also have the RS focus kits, you can see them at www.european-parts.net also.

There are also some other kits out there, mostly are fiberglass (North American Designed Ones) including the EVO kits, QUWhees kit and some other wide body kits. They don't have any real links on the internet to them anymore, nothing as far as a actual company website. Seems the the trend is heading away from those kind of kits anyway, at least in the past couple years.

There is a new kit coming out sometime in 2005 for the 2005 model focus. It's one very elaborate kit, I love the front personally. Check it out below....

http://www.altair.com/art/down.htm

Other 2005 Focus Kits Currently Available - SEE BELOW

Razzi - www.razzi.com or Steeda (www.steedafocus.com)
Roush - www.roushparts.com/
F2Focus - www.f2focus.com
Saleen - www.saleen.com

There is also a TON of euro type kits out there, directly from europe and very nice indeed. There is so many I have no clue even where to start. You can see some of the most popular ones over at www.european-parts.net and www.bosseuroparts.com

Hopefully this will help some of you when your choosing a body/lip kit for your focus. I know there are always questions asked and I thought it would be beneficial to have an actual post (sticky) displaying information to the majority of the body kits out there on the market for the focus. If it helps out one person, it's done it's job. I have read TONS into kits so if you have any questions PM me on here (Username 'S2') or email at s2steeda@yahoo.com

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Miscellaneous Information

Also for the 'do it yourself' type people out there, Wings West has some videos as well as typical instructions (which will come with whatever spoiler/wing you buy anyway, hopefully) to give some ideas what it will take to prep/paint and install a 'spoiler/wing.

Check the link below, of course applies to the WW line of products but the prep/paint is pretty standard for all spoilers/wings if they need to be colormatched to the body.

http://www.wingswest.com/techInfoVideo.asp

Also to add to the list of body/lip kit companies out there, in the past (although you probably can still buy the kit) there was the 'infamous' QUWHEES wide body kit. They really do not have a website but I found this one doing a google (http://quwhees.tripod.com/) but you can run an image search to find out what this kit looks like. It definitely is not a popular choice plus the fact that the car doesn't even look like a focus in the end. I am also pretty sure the kit was fiberglass which is horrible in itself. Anyway thought I would post this up also.

I know that www.focustrends.com had a few demo cars with yet another wide body kit but this one was appealing. I am not 100% sure who made the kit but I know that focustrends sponsored the car or the car had their company name on it in vinyl. There are a few guys with this kit kicking around on the various focus boards, one inparticular. If you want any information about that kit, contact me and I will forward the information to the guy I know, he actually owns one of the demo cars.

The link below is to the more popular european body kits out there on the market. Basically they are all here....

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=47_26

Couple more things I want to add......

Number One - if anyone buys a midwing, make damn sure that you cut a 1-2" piece off the two sided tape right above the rear emblem. Basically water will 'pool' on top of the wing and won't drain out. By removing that little bit of tape, it allows the water to drain through and down over the emblem. I didn't do this when I got mine installed but trust me, it's very important. You don't want the two sided tape soaking in water all the time. Also, naturally you do this before you put that section of the wing on the car. When you do, make sure that the 'passthrough' for the water doesn't let the water seep into the inside of the wing. Chances are it won't cause any problems but if you take those two pieces of two sided tape you cut off for the drain, put them 'vertical' so that the passthrough for the water is sealed to the car.

Number Two - A great technique to keep water from damaging the two sided tape and the connection is to pick up a tube of black or grey (whatever you want, white if you have a white car) of calking. The same kinda stuff you use in your bathtub on the joints. Tape off the area and run a bead along the area where the (example, lip kit) touches the stock parts. This will seal the pieces together making a much nicer final product as well as not letting water get to the tape that holds the part on. Remove the tape (keeps the lines neat and doesn't mess it up) and it'll be good to go. If you put the calking that allows flex at lower temperatures that would be better (depending on where you live). By the way, this is a bodyshop secret, not something I thought up myself.....

Also wanted to add, for the SVT guys/girls, the body kits (bumper replacements) will fit the SVT but the lips won't or will require some modifications. The side skirts will but as far as the bumpers (front and back) the lip will have to be modified to fit. I have seen some pics of a SVT with a Xenon front lip before so it can be done. As for the rear, not 100% sure but honestly the SVT's kit is very nice on it's own.

For the record, between the wagon, sedan, ZX3, ZX5 and SVT.....

All front bumpers are interchangeable.

The sedan rear bumper is unique only for that model so they won't fit any other model foci and vise versa. Same goes for the wagon's rear bumper.

Side Skirt length on the ZX3 and ZX5 is the same but keep in mind that the ZX5's back doors may be in issue in the placement of the skirt so it's better to make sure you get the kit that is designed specifically for the ZX5. Also, the SVT side skirts will fit both the ZX3 and ZX5.

Also a bit more to add, there are also carbon fiber (CF) front fenders out there as well. I am not sure who manufacturers them but they are around. I know there is also a CF hatch (full hatch) out there as well. Most of this kinda stuff is custom made from what I can tell although the fenders are on many of the focus websites (online stores) so check around. I believe they also make a fiberglass version of the fenders also.

http://www.f2focus.com/phpwcms2/index.php?_t2b&osCsid=

Link above is to a "RS" wide body kit that will fit the North American focus. Nice for the people wanting to have an RS look without all the body modifications needed for the real OEM RS parts.

Also to add, when putting on some of the euro stuff (OEM) from there, as in front bumpers, you will have to do some grinding/cutting of the rebar/supports. The bumpers will fit but you have to do some modifications. They do make some replica euro bumpers for the North American focus that are a direct fit I believe but morealess a heads up for people going the euro route. The opposite goes for the euro guys, putting on North American bumpers don't require (as long as I know) any cutting, etc.

Focustrends used to sell a widebody kit "No Limit" I believe it was called which I found out was a european kit to begin with. They quit selling it for some time now (the kit is on tribalfocus's car and we all see that one) but haven't been able to find any links to it until now.

http://www.no-limit-tuning.de/

Out of Germany I believe, you can contact them through that website if your interested in that kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.